November 26, 2014 | 985 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkdee1

I love this! I put it on just after my liquid foundation so it sinks into my skin to make me look all fresh, dewy and glowing!

The only thing I don't rate it for is its packaging because its hard to get all the product out towards the end and a bugger to cut the top off! But other than that I think it is a must have product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Henna1

People that are saying ''i wouldnt recommend this to you'' REMEMBER everyone has diffrent skin types and some people would like this and everyone has there own opnion it all depends on your skin it may suit you it may not, i think its beautiful it gives the perfect glow on my skin LOVE IT and would buy it over and over again if your thinking of buying it dont look at the bad reviews buy it and check if it looks good then choose to buy it again or not you have got to try it out for yourself first!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This has seriously changed the way I apply my makeup. I've been having some funky business with all my foundations recently, as they seemed to be sitting on top of my skin, rather than sink in and look natural. Got this baby, and those problems have disappeared! This is a magical cream that really makes all my foundations look like my skin but better. Doesn't give that scary highlighted look to the face, and almost is undectable to my eye when I wear it. In photographs, I can definitely tell though, as it gives the most beautiful "lit from within" glow to my face. Wearing it alone sans foundation is another way I enjoy using this, and I actually seem to get more compliments about my skin that way.
Even if you are an oily skinned gal, I think this can work for you. I myself have combo/oily skin, but applying a teeny bit of Strobe Cream on my cheeks makes the biggest difference. It's probably best to skip applying this onto your nose, as it can become extremely shiny within hours.
Another great thing about this is it contains loads of anti-oxidants. About a week after buying this, I saw Paula Begoun, the famous makeup critic, sing praise for this product. I'd bought it as a highlighter, but got the added bonus of a fab skincare product too. Win!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this every day, but I love it under a super-light spray of airbrush foundation in wintertime. Keeps things looking fresh and dewy without being too OTT. Took off a lippie for the slightly offputting smell, but it goes away after a few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I put a little on the top of my cheeks, and right above my eyebrows when I go out. Every time I wear it other girls tell me my skin looks flawless & ask about my skincare routine. My skin is nothing special, it is all because of the strobe cream, I'm sure of it. It's a little expensive for a highlighter, but it lasts such a long time, at least a year for me. I've only bought the cream, not the thinner liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a glowy highlighter. I just blend a bit onto my cheeks for that lit from within glow others have mentioned. I do not like my whole face to appear glowy but on my cheeks its really pretty. It brightens my whole face up and draws attention up to my eyes. It looks subtle and nice compared to powder highlighters. It's not glittery which I love. You can wear it under concealer for a brighter under eye look too. I don't think it's really worth it to wear under heavier foundation and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like Strobe Cream but it's definitely not a necessity for me. I usually use this at night to go out when I spend more time on my makeup. I apply it over my primer to give me a nice glow or I mix it in with my foundation and apply it that way. If I am using a thicker foundation sometimes I like to mix this in to sheer it out. It is a pretty versatile product and that is why I like it. It could also be used as a highlighter, but I haven't tested this out. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin even though it is lightly scented, and I don't mind the smell. The tube will last a long time if you use it occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It gives my dry, flaky skin a beautiful glow, a little goes a long way. It doesn't break out my eczematous skin, sting, burn, or dry out during the day. I'm still looking for cheaper substitues though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Strobe cream. I use it before putting my makeup on, and it moisturizes without creating a greasy base for my foundation like some other creams I have used. It puts a subtle glow on my skin without being glittery, almost like crushed pearls. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a sunscreen in it, but since my foundation has one that doesn't really bother me. I would recommend this product to anyone with any skin type as a light moisturizer that is perfect for daytime and does a nice job of highlighting the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The famous MAC Strobe Cream.
It's so unique but I don't use this product as a everyday moisturizer 'cream'. I personally don't find this cream moisturizing at all. Despite all the "good stuff" in the strobe cream, I don't think it really does much for my skin when it's tired and dull other than brightening with its super-fine micro opal pearls. So it's a perfect highlighter or a base for me. I usually like to use it after foundation just on the high planes of my face (cheekbones, t-zone) which really gives a beautiful glow to the skin. Not too noticeable and yet gives a GLOW. I can use it underneath my foundation all over the face but that really gives a shine all over so I prefer to use just as a spot highlighter. I've tried a lot of different highlighters and similar products to the MAC Strobe Cream but I really think this is a UNIQUE product. The one and only, MAC Strobe Cream. Nothing comes close, really. I would have to buy it over and over again :)