MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a huge fan. Heard soooo much about this from YouTube, but its not all that. I like the color, however, I have trouble getting my brush to pick up any of this color (verry hard texture...?) Think i will try to get my hands on similar shades with a more creamy texture (so far i <3 verve fro UD)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Although I was expecting more of a champagne pink like UD's Sin, I was still extremely happy with MAC's Naked Lunch. This can be used either as a brow highlight or an overall lid color with great results. It's a sheer yet pigmented color that brings out a great natural eye. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful eyeshadow that almost anyone can wear. I am NW20, and this color looks lovely on my lids. For day to day wear, I usually apply the Painterly Paint Pot on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. I then use Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Unfortunately, MAC's shadow prices are a bit high, so I probably won't repurchase. Especially since I've found some great dupes in Wet n Wild and a few other brands. Still, this is a lovely eyeshadow!

I was never a fan of Mac eye shadows. I tried them years ago and I didn't find them that good. It must have been my "art" at the time because I am after buying a quad palette and I love them!!
Naked Lunch is the base colour I chose and it is really pretty and a great base Color. In my skin it gives a hint of champaign pinkish shimmer to it which is very nice in the lid, brow bone and really amazing to use for blending the darker eye shadows. The trail is always quite natural and I cannot see the colour changes as it really blends them.
I will definitely repurchase this shadow.

I like it very much but i think that i really have to dig my brush into it. I think it will end up very soon! But really lovely for everyday use!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty color, but I basically have to dig my brush into it to get any color! It felt very hard and it isn't even anymore. It has a bumpy texture.

First i would like to point out that i am in my late thirties, blonde hair, blue eyed with a fair (but not necessarily alabaster skin) - i'd say Kate Hudson/Gweneth Paltrow.

So, at the Mac counter, this eyeshadow looked divine!! On my finger there was a high pigmented, wonderously silky frosted pale pink with a hint of champagne - lovely.

However, when i got it home and tried in on my bar lid, it barely shows. You don't see any of the pink, but rather a faint pale champagne sheen that looks slightly like shine but is devoid of pigment. No matter how much product i used, i couldn't get any color whatsoever plus is kind of make my eyelids look unsmooth and scaley.

Keep in mind that its winter so i'm pale, so it might look better for me in summer and would definately show up on a darker complexion.

For reference, I absolutely ADORE Jest and Phloof which show up beautifully on my eye lids, but Naked Lunch is invisible on my skin.

Will not buy again. Will try again in summer but will likely give it away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at a MAC warehouse sale in one of the 4 dollar bins (that's why I rated it dirt cheap due to circumstances) and maybe it was a bad pot or something but I just really don't like this shadow. I can never get it to show up on my skin, the only way I can use this is to put a white base and PACK on the colour, or else I might as well be wearing nothing. I've used it over paint pots, NYX jumbo pencils bla bla bla list goes on. Sigh, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I was disappointed because people were scrounging looking for that one particular shadow so I thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't put this as a worst just because I do have a use for it by putting it on my lid with the white base and using a brown crease colour, but I can do that with any pink shadow so this one isn't so special. I won't repurchase because that means spending CDN $14.50 on something I wouldn't even pay 2 dollars for.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't care for this color too much,it was foundationy-looking =(
just didn't work with my skin tone but,it is super soft and easy to apply!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous all over lid color. It's a light, natural pink with a light shimmery frost. I love wearing this for days where I just want simple makeup.

Edit (3/9/14):
Originally I said that I would not repurchase this product but I change my mind. This color is ridiculously gorgeous when paired up with purple toned eyeshadows in the crease or outer V. My faves being mains sketch, embark and Swiss chocolate.

Top Rated MAC Products