July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product on a recent trip to Milan. I paid EUR10 which is half the price of what I'd pay for it in Singapore where I currently live. So it was a bargain! This cleanser does its job well and is nearly as good as Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser. I use it with my Clarisonic brush and it removes every last bit of make-up (except waterproof). It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry eventhough it's made for oily/problem skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. I prefer my cleanser to have no smell. I'd repurchase this product again if I can buy it for the same amount, but won't pay twice as much for it in Singapore.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly I've got dry skin, very dry and this doesn't overly dry out my skin! I bought this really as a makeup remover, first cleanse.i will then use avene extremely gentle cleanser as my skin/pore cleanser (please see my review in this)
So this is a slightly green clear gel wash.a slight 'clean fragrance' which I like. I use a tiny amount and it foams really well.this sturdy 200ml bottle (around 7 in uk?) will last a long time! The cap on this is a dial that you turn to create a tiny hole at the very top.it's easy to keep clean and very sturdy to use for travel :)
It effectively removed my light foundation.
The product is designed for acne prone and oily sesitive skin.this product is soap free. I would buy this again, as I love the fresh feeling it leaves on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

A very good cleanser for pimple/acne prone skin. Unlike usual cleanser for blemished skin, it doesn't feel tight & dry after use. The only thing I dislike about this product is the part to squeeze the liquid out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gilmore17

i was thankful that i had found something affordable and that was gentle and kind to my skin, but was disappointed after i had finished the whole bottle and after a few months of using it with no results, it didn't break me out it was gentle but it didn't help with my blemishes at all i didnt feel, i had been using harsh cleansers in the past and in the beginning i thought this was going to be my HG products because it was so gentle but sadly i hate to say it didnt do it for me

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worked for a few weeks but I found this broke me out more. Plus the smell is quite strong, so much so the I could taste it. Not the best things they've developed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

this significantly reduces my pimples but i do not think it does a good job in cleansing. not a good cleanser esp when i wake up in the morning with my face really oily, i have to wash twice in order to make sure my face is clean. it is a really gentle soap, nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by zbiutz

i use it for my sensitive, oily, acnee prone skin.
it does a good job at cleaning my skin.
it does not leave residue, nor does it make me break out.
i believe it to be one of the more expensive gel cleansers, but it does last a long tine, and for the luxury of not irritating my skin, price is less important

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I have "intolerant" skin. Avene nailed it with that wording. I react and break out from weird, common and uncommon triggers - dietary, hormonal and cosmetic (mostly cosmetic I think, these days). So I bought this on a whim when Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser was doing nothing harmful or beneficial for me, and I was still clogged and congested. So the Avene display at SDM lured me with it's promise of solutions for "intolerant skin". Bought this with the spray water and Triacneal. My first impression was wow, why did they make this so scented if it's for sensitive skin? But I tried it anyway. It has been true to it's promise of being gentle. The fragrance isn't noticeable to me now after six weeks, nor has it irritated my skin thankfully. It can be a bit drying if used while spot treating during the day with BP, but BP is drying. This has mild lactic acid in it, and it has helped my oilies, helped with my acne and helps clear away makeup and sunscreen (I wash twice at night). The bonus? You only need a pea sized blob. I am not even 1/4 into my bottle yet. The funny twist cap? I actually like it. It's clever. Bit tricky in the shower but I always find myself clearing blockages in pump bottle nozzles with a pipe cleaner. So yeah, it's well worth a try unless your skin is very dry. I expect my bottle to last me months and months. This pleases my wallet and hopefully keeps pleasing my skin. Combined with Triacneal at night, I am slowly but surely clearing up and decongesting my "intolerant" skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by purpleziqian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because it is having sales! I saw the banners and I thought I should give it a try~ I told the sales lady that this is the first time I am using, so I only bought the cleanance soapless gel. She gave me sample of toner and pimple cream for me to try. How sweet of her :D I like the packaging because it is very hygienic as it only turns left and right. Not like the others that has a cap which is quite a mess. I would definitely re-purchase this product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by kelkelkel87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Have tried dozens of commercial cleansers (Clean and clear etc). Almost finishing my 1st bottle of this product.

Here's what i think:
Pros: Does its job of removing oil and impurities from the surface of skin. However, does not control oil of face. Face still becomes oily after like 3 to 4 hours. Relative inexpensive if u purchase it from good sources (online etc).
Cons: Product also contains fragrance and colouring.

Have also read that avene thermal water (50% of this product) is neutral in pH. Which im not sure is good or bad as i read that skin needs to have acid mantle and acne and bacteria thrives on alkaline pH.

Will probably repurchase for the time being due to the fact that it did its basic job and as im also adding honey as a part of my regiment right now. This is to make sure that honey is indeed effective and not due to other factors.