October 23, 2014 | 1893 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Monavic29

I really like this cleanser. I have oily skin and is a very happy medium for me because cleansers either dry me out or leave an oily residue behind. This makes my skin feel clean and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have gone through 2 bottles of Cleanance.
I like the fresh smell, it's gentle, not too pricey, you need a tiny amount for a good lather and rinses off easily.
But despite the pros I don't think it was any special to keep my skin blemish free, just average.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Melanous1

this is the best cleanser i have ever used.it works really good,smells nice and cleans my oily skin.i wont change it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser. It works very well. It cleans all your makeup off (including the stubborn mascara ...Benefit They're Real) My face feels super clean after but NOT tight or dried out. It last a really long time because you only need a tiny pea size amount. A little bit goes a long way. As for my acne, it deffinetly keeps it under control. Cleansers are not meant to take away all your acne. They help remove dirt and cleanse your pores. Treatments such as the Avene TriAcneal, and their Cleance Moisturizer help treat your acne. But the cleanser is a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mortys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to find a cleanser since stopping my benzoyl peroxide use after 10 years. My acne isn't to bad any more but I can't seem to find a cleanser I like. I have olive skin, not really oily except my nose. Face washes just seem to to feel itchy and irritating after use. I also seem to wake up the next morning with a few new spots. This could be the fault of the cleansers or not but I'm not sure. This didn't seem any different to any other store bought face wash I've tried like Simple or Olay.

I don't fall for the whole "this cleanser cleared me up after 15 years speech" as I'm old enough to know cleansers are just cleansers, nothing more.

I'm a guy and don't wear make-up so I don't really need a lot of cleansing power. I think I might be better off with something like Cetaphil of Aquanil, so the journey continues.

Not going to make this down as a 1 like some odd reviews you read. Its a decent cleanser which should last a few months at least but I really think a store bought brand will do the same thing for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel cleanser was recommended to me by a sales rep at the pharmacy for my adult acne prone skin. I also use the Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear pump dispensed cleanser for sensitive skin and I find that the Avene cleanser does not strip all of the natural oils from my face or leave it feeling tight so it's a good morning cleanser whereas the Clean and Clear cleanser that I use is better for taking off heavy sun screen. I really like the packaging of the cleanser. It's a bottle with a twist top with a hole in it that you twist open and close so it's good for traveling for your checked luggage. The Avene cleanser is not oil free, it has pumpkin seed oil, but this did not cause me to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product on a recent trip to Milan. I paid EUR10 which is half the price of what I'd pay for it in Singapore where I currently live. So it was a bargain! This cleanser does its job well and is nearly as good as Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser. I use it with my Clarisonic brush and it removes every last bit of make-up (except waterproof). It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry eventhough it's made for oily/problem skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. I prefer my cleanser to have no smell. I'd repurchase this product again if I can buy it for the same amount, but won't pay twice as much for it in Singapore.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly I've got dry skin, very dry and this doesn't overly dry out my skin! I bought this really as a makeup remover, first cleanse.i will then use avene extremely gentle cleanser as my skin/pore cleanser (please see my review in this)
So this is a slightly green clear gel wash.a slight 'clean fragrance' which I like. I use a tiny amount and it foams really well.this sturdy 200ml bottle (around 7 in uk?) will last a long time! The cap on this is a dial that you turn to create a tiny hole at the very top.it's easy to keep clean and very sturdy to use for travel :)
It effectively removed my light foundation.
The product is designed for acne prone and oily sesitive skin.this product is soap free. I would buy this again, as I love the fresh feeling it leaves on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

A very good cleanser for pimple/acne prone skin. Unlike usual cleanser for blemished skin, it doesn't feel tight & dry after use. The only thing I dislike about this product is the part to squeeze the liquid out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gilmore17

i was thankful that i had found something affordable and that was gentle and kind to my skin, but was disappointed after i had finished the whole bottle and after a few months of using it with no results, it didn't break me out it was gentle but it didn't help with my blemishes at all i didnt feel, i had been using harsh cleansers in the past and in the beginning i thought this was going to be my HG products because it was so gentle but sadly i hate to say it didnt do it for me