October 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tantalumgirl

I bought this product after reading the rave reviews. Maybe I'm not the best person to comment on this because I don't have severely dry skin or eczema, but all I can say is "meh". It does have an interesting texture because of the glycerin base, it feels to me like a silicone based cream would. The medicinal smell is not bad and dissapates rapidly. I have been using it on my feet, my driest area, overnight with my Bliss spa socks. It's not awful, but it's not the best thing I have ever used either (that would be a lotion with 10% urea, any of several brands). The best use I have found for this is on my lips, it makes an excellent, if expensive, lip balm. Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What is it with the Japanese and their genius products? I have tried everything under the sun for my dry, scaly elbows and NOTHING worked. Until I absentmindedly rubbed a sample of this onto them (as I do with creams whenever I'm at a beauty supply store) and noticed that my elbows instantly felt silkier! I use this once a day, at night, a dab at a time and ... no more dry, scaly elbows! I also adore the packaging, not only is the tube cute and Japanese-y but the cap snaps in so you know it's on tight. This is expensive but a little goes a long way and it's worth it. Yes, it does have a camphor smell but to be honest I use so little I don't really notice it. It doesn't bother me in the way that it did with the Elizabeth Arden 12-hour stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I RIS a sample tube of this and after reading the insert which makes it sound almost like a miracle, I thought I'd try it on my worst area, the bottom of my feet. At first I wasn't too impressed with it, it just seemed ordinary. After a few days however, I noticed my feet were soooo soft, and it was really healing, especially the dry cracked areas! I'm sold now! This is more for your worst areas, it's creamy, but like an ointment, I acutally like the aroma, it's not overpowering and doesn't last, so it's fine. They say to use it sparingly, I started out doing just that, but found I needed a little more, not gobs, this is not the kind of cream or lotion you would slather on all over. I've been searching and searching for something that would work for my feet, and I think this is it!!! You can request a free sample from their webiste (or your nearest retailer) and give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jan232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the huge tub of this product and I use it on my feet every night with a pair of white socks, and truthfully, I really love it. It is not the "amazing product" they tout it to be, and would be even better if it was only $5, but was nice to try and I will repurchase when I have more money to throw around. Even helped my calloused heeled feet a bit. Smells like camphor, but no more than carmex. Has a salve/cream consistency and absorbs pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

I had high hopes for this product. The Yu-Be site had testimonials that this product helped eczema and since my skin just started to develop eczema, I was hoping for some relief. Not so. This product has a somewhat ointment consistency kind of like Vick's Vaporub texture but not greasy. You have to really rub it in well in order for it to absorb, otherwise it sits on your skin. I've been using it for four days straight all over as a moisturizer after showering and can't see any improvement. I think new red bumps sprung up during this time. Thankfully I bought the 1.25 tube. So disappointed, will not be purchasing again.