LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 12/4/2011 7:33:00 PM

Count me among those who don't like the packaging (and BTW, I don't understand why people would take this personally). I grant the point that more money is invested on quality (if it's true they do; we only have the brand marketers' word for it), but this brand's packaging is the most unappealing and ugly I have ever seen. And you're getting this from someone who is not usually fussy about packaging. I gave it 3 lippies because since I never tried this and so many people like it, I will have to bow to their experience. But this is almost arrogant in its lack of effort.

If the brand saves so much money on packaging - and if looks are anything to go by, they must save a fortune - then I expect the product itself to work magic. Like literally turning the clock and giving me flawless complexion. That and/or giving the "savings" to charity would be the only arguments that would induce me to buy this stuff. But just telling me to put up and pay up? **** you!

To those who are negatively reviewing this product based soley on the packaging - what would you really rather pay for: expensive packaging and cheap ingregients or basic packaging and fresh, expensive, luxurious ingredients in qualities other manstream brands wouldn't use in their right minds? Plus would you rather pay 30+ for a moisturiser with beautiful packaging and a whole list of chemical ingredients you can't even pronounce? Thought not. Look at the back of the celestial tub and note that this is packed with gorgeous and skin loving ingredients. Plus as another lovely user pointed out if you bring back 5 of those black pots for recycling you'll be rewarded with an amazing fresh face mask.

The main ingredient, almond oil (plus some yummy almond milk) and is one of the few essential oils that sink right down to the dermis, the bottom layer of the skin. In turn this promotes cell renewal. Almond makes your skin totally GLOW and gives it so much radiance. It's also ideal for sensitive skin and moisturising all skin types (including oily) because it sinks right down very quickly and does not sit on top of the skin like other butters.

To a few of the users who had a negative reaction because they are alergic to one of the natural ingredients (maybe the dove orchid?): take the product back to lush! Lush is unique with its customer serivce and returns policy. If you have reacted negatively to any product, even if you don't have your receipt Lush will at least swap it for something else and will always refund you if you have your receipt. You get top-notch customer service in there.

Personally, even though I have oily skin I ADORE this moituriser for winter. Gives my cheeks extra moisture, isn't too heavy for my t-zone and makes my skin SO soft and radiant. When it sinks in after 5-10 mins my skin feels so silky and I have found that this is the perfect base for make up. On that note if any of you haven't tried the lush colour supplements you absolutely must, they work magnificantly well together. Why not give this best seller a try?

on 11/19/2011 3:52:00 AM

Since my skin is a combination, I found that this product worked best for my dry and sensitive areas. It has a lovely light almond scent to it. I love how it doesn't cause me to break out, and it is very soothing in general.

on 11/12/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great moisturizer!!! I have sensitive skin, and it's difficult for me to find the right balance between moisturizing and exfoliating. I put this on while my skin is still damp and, if necessary, dab off the excess with a tissue or a cotton ball. It leaves my skin soft and smelling nice!

on 11/3/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One of the best thicker moisturizing creams I've used. This works great overnight and on my dryer areas of my skin esp during winter, even sometimes as a under eye cream as its gentle enough with its natural ingredients. Really like the light almond milk scent, but not so much the packaging. To me, any packaging like this is really unhygienic. Otherwise, I love the moisturizer itself.

on 10/16/2011 10:37:00 AM

I am really enjoying this so far. At first I had a few minor breakouts and small bumps, probably due to the oil content, which my skin wasn't used to. However, after a few weeks, my skin is dewy, soft and just looks fresh. I will be repurchasing for sure.

Edit- this has totally sorted my skin out. It looks better than it ever has and I am loving this stuff morning and night.

on 9/29/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is AH-mazing. I have been using it steadily for about three years now and it keeps my face as perfect as it can possibly be. My skin is really sensitive, really fair, really dry, and I have to deal with rosacea, so in other words it's hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't make my skin hurt or act funny. Celestial is the only facial moisturizer I can really use that meets my skin needs. I also find that the better moisturized my face is, the less acne I have. Because of the high end and pure ingredients my skin's rosacea has gone down too, which is a lovely plus.
I also really like Lush's packaging because they have the person who made the product's face on a sticker stuck to the packaging. The packaging is also nice because if you clean the little black pot out and remove the stickers you can store other stuff in the pot, or you can bring 5 pots back to get a free fresh facemask which is really nice too!

on 8/19/2011 12:30:00 AM

I am vegan and was told Lush were great for reasonably priced skincare/hairdye. I went on a bit of a spree and bought this, the 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner, '9 to 5' cleanser, Caca Noir indigo block and the Cupcake mask.

Despite the fact that this cream is SO oily, it really doesn't do a lot. Broke my face out in a rash, smells horrendous. I tried to use it up as a hand cream but it makes my hands itch horribly and never seems to absorb. Binned.

I really tried to like you, Lush, but you just haven't scored any points with me so far. All the products I tried (particularly this moisturiser and the Caca Noir - I will never forget that experience) were absolutely terrible, had cheap packaging, cheap ingredients, stupid names and smelt hideous. Made me all the more happy to return to spending twice as much for Aesop and Dermalogica. Will probably never buy a Lush product again.

on 6/22/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So, i had sworn off all Lush moisturizers after my awful "Afterlife" nightmare.......yet somehow, i ended up with a sample of Celestial............and i'm the one who asked for it! lol. I was on the market for something all natural since i'm very particular about what i put on my skin (chemical wise), more so now since im pregnant :). I guess hormones have turned my once combo skin into a dry and dehydrated mess so i picked something a bit richer than what i would normally go for.
I do really like the scent to this stuff, though i wouldn't go as far as to say it smells "yummy" or anything...it's a very light and soft scent. The texture is a bit thick yet really smooth. The trick to this moisturizer is applying as lightly as you can. I usually spray toner into my hand and then mix less than a pea sized amount of the moisturizer with it...pat all over my face and that's that. Or i just dab on my dry problem areas only. Can't say that i've had any problems with clogged pores (i'm shocked), and it sure leaves my skin feeling smooth as butter. With all that being said I wouldn't recommend or not recommend buying this product. Celestial is one of those moisturizers where (if your curious) you'd just have to try it out for yourself because, i could really see it going either way.....a Godsend or a Disaster depending on your skin. I for sure thought this stuff would break me out like crazy but it hasn't...and i actually really like it.
UPDATE: ut-oh....watch out....PARABENS

on 6/20/2011 4:56:00 PM

I received a sample of this product during my last LUSH visit. This smells like vanilla yogurt, and I sometimes find myself smelling this product when I'm bored :D
It does not irritate my skin, but for the price and the jar packaging, I do not think I will be purchasing this product.

Popular Moisturizers