April 19, 2014 | 1279 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kittystarze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE This stuff, im on my 4th jar and it is really my HG especially in the winter when my skin is screaming for moisture. It works wonders, i just wash my face or exfoliate and lather some of this on and my skin is really soft afterwards. I dont break out from this product and thats the best part since my skin is extremely senstive. The price is about 22 for a small jar which is definitely not cheap and the jar isnt that sanitary but i just make sure to wash my hands before using it. aside from that its great!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jbyrd06

i was looking for a good winter moisturizer that had a nice coverage for my dry sensitive skin. i had previously had a a sample of skin drink and knew that wasn't for me. i was a little skeptical when the sales lady told me about celestial. after trying it for a week i was in love. it gives me enough mositure but not too much that it sits on my skin. it makes my face look healthy in the winter weather. i'm definitely a happy customer!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedtoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer didn't do anything for me. I was looking for a moisturizer that's specifically for sensitive skin, so I gave this a shot. The texture is very creamy and a little oily, and the smell is very nice. However, I tend to get dry patches around my mouth, and Celestial broke me out a couple times around my dry patches. Not a bad breakout, by any means, but little white pimples that came to a head overnight - annoying regardless!

I am going to use this as a body cream until I get to LUSH for some Skin Drink moisturizer (I got a sample of this and love it).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sandoz28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good (albeit basic) moisturizer. It works better as a barrier to keep moisture from escaping, rather than adding a lot of moisture to the skin.

CONS: It is somewhat greasy and I've never found it to really "soak in," no matter how dry my skin is. It simply sits on top of the skin. This is my least favorite Lush moisturizer--the others I've tried are much better moisturizers (Ultralight, Imperialis, Cosmetic Lad, Skin Nanny, and Skin's Shangri-La).

PROS: The smell is lovely; a lightly floral vanilla, and I personally like the Lush packaging as it allows you to fully use every bit of product you paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has saved my winter pregnancy skin. I used to be a combination skin girl and need something like Vanishing Cream (also by Lush) or Liz Earl's lightest moisturizer. However, my skin gradually got drier. First I used Gorgeous, which is nice but within a week my skin was calling out for quenching.

I've never been able to use a heavy moisturizer before. And this one is rich. I contains cocoa butter, something I'd never usually put on my face. But my skin was drying out so fast that about an hour after moisturizing, my skin was ITCHING! Celestial soothed the itching immediately and with regular use my skin is back to feeling pliable and soft. And not a clogged pore in sight!

If your skin is dry and itchy feeling, go for it. I'd imagine that other ladies would benefit from this in pregnancy too (if your skin's got drier) - not least due to the yummy vanilla scent. It smells divine to me! Never loved vanilla before, but 7 months pregnant and I can't get enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Mia1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! It is a life saver on cold winters when my dry and sensitive skin usually dries out really bad, this is by far the best moisturizer that I had found. It makes my skin glow and feel very smooth, I can even see how it makes my skin more beautiful, and it hasn't broke my skin out (I have use it for about a year). It smells just delicious, makes me almost wanting to eat it, heh. At summer time it although may be a little too oily and heavy, especially for those with normal or oily skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is extremely dry, sensitive, and prone to congestion; while I don't often break out, I have a problem with clogged pores and tiny little blackheads along my nose. I have fairly good skin but it's always had one or two problems that kept me from being completely satisfied with it. That is until I started using Celestial, anyway.

My skincare routine has not changed whatsoever apart from the removal of my old moisturizer (Embryolisse Lait Creme which I thought was wonderful but I still had clogged pores when using it) and the addition of this one, so I know that this is what has made a difference. I use it in conjunction with Angels on Bare Skin cleanser and Tea Tree Water toner (both by Lush as well). Just a dot of Celestial on still-damp skin is all I need. It absorbs quickly and leaves no greasiness.

My skin is baby-soft and smooth; no crinkling, no dry spots, no tightness. Just absolute comfort! Any moisturizer I've tried before that provided similar relief from dry skin has clogged my pores or just did nothing to clear my skin, but Celestial is actually improving it. I have no redness or discoloration. My perpetual blackheads (that I've had as long as I can remember) are gone! My complexion is dewy and radiant - I don't even need foundation.
It smells really delicious, too, like vanilla and almonds.

This is my HG moisturizer in every possible way. It's amazing! I'm never going to switch, I hope Lush continues to make it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not much more to say. Great for my dry sensitive skin. On my 3rd jar. Highly recomend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mochi123

The smell of this product is phenomenal (vanilla and orchids) and has a whip cream like texture. However, it's lightweight texture does not feel like that on your skin! I have combination skin (dry cheeks), and it feels like a mask! When skin is dry, it just soaks up the product, but this cream literally just sits on top of my dry skin!! :( Sad! I had such high hopes for this product! I took one lippie off for that and another lippie for its unhygenic design in a tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by ADAFA1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just started using lush products. I love celestial I have tried so many moisturizers and this is by far the best one. very light on my face does not leave a sticky residue so I can apply my make-up right after. Just love it.