Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

2.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%) (sunscreen), Octocrylene (10%) (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water Purified, Diisopropyl Adipate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glycerin, Polymethylmethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this as a more inexpensive alternative to my HG moisturizer. While I don't love it quite as much, I am happy with this product. It moisturizes well and leaves my skin soft, smooth, and glowing. It doesn't break me out or make me extra oily. My skin does redden slightly right after application, but the redness disappears once the lotion sinks in. If I continue to get good results, I will repurchase and make this my new regular moisturizer.

on 8/22/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Moisturizing
SPF 15

Cons:
Irritated skin/stung
Broke out my skin
Oily/greasy
It's kind of heavy on my face
It's not oil-free

As you can probably tell, I didn't have a good experience with this product. At first it was it fine and then after a while, it started to break me out with whiteheads/blackheads. I also hated how it was very greasy and it stung and kind of felt heavy on my skin. This is one of the worst moisturizers I have ever tried.

on 8/7/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great sunscreen for the face. It does burn around my eyes so i avoid that area. Sorry but I've yet to find any sunscreen that doesn't burn my eyes. I like that it is moisturizing and I have gotten compliments that my skin is "glowing" when I am wearing it. It doesn't make me break out and I do have dry and sensitive skin.

on 7/25/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This moisturizer is just alright. My dermatologist recommended that I use Cetaphil products for my acne prone and oily skin. It didn't make me break out or anything but it make my skin oilier. I have very oily skin and the texture of this lotion is like a sunscreen, very oily and it leaves your dvr looking shiny (even though you just washed your face!). It got me through the writer months because of its moisture but I honestly would not use it again because I have come across better products. I would recommend this to people with normal to dry skin though because it's a decent moisturizer with SPF.

This broke me out so badly that I actually took pictures and sent it to the company in an e-mail. They responded with a phone call and had a health team member speak to me. They suggested that breakouts were due to a reaction to the sunscreen and that 20% of users would get this.

20%?! My immediate reaction on the phone was to ask why a warning was not indicated on the bottle if such a high percentage was affected. The associate had no answer and I stopped using cetaphil products. Even though I used to like their gental face wash - I will not go back to this company.

It took my skin 8 months to recover from the red, bumpy rash and subsequent break outs/scars this product caused after being on my skin once for 5 minutes.

Cetaphil's Daily Facial Moisturizer is a great product for people who don't have sensitive skin. It moisturizes while providing adequate sun protection (SPF 15). FYI - it can leave behind a shine. I really like that it's fragrance-free. My main problem with this moisturizer is the silicone content. Good product - just wished it was more natural.

on 7/6/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this mainly for the sunscreen since it has a high level of octocrylene to stabilize the avobenzone. I used to use Neutrogene Ultra Sheer sunscreen but this Cetaphil product has the avobenzone more stabilized. I don't really care about the moisturizing part. I read a lot of reviews saying that it stung their eyes but that's because of the avobenzone getting into their eyes which tends to happen when you sweat. As for the skin itself, it hasn't stung my face at all and I've been using Retin-A and benzoyl peroxide, so my skin is super sensitive.

on 6/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

This thing doesnt break me out which is amazing since I have acne prone skin. It definitely moisturize my skin in the morning after I cleanse it with the oatmeal method lol. A small amount goes a long way, I dont use a lot. This product doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all. I really like this stuff, plus it lasts me about a year or more. It's amazing! :) I bought mines at CVS for $12-14

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great basic moisturizer. Wouldn't recommend for dry skin - I find I have to use something a bit richer in winter months. Never had any problems with breakouts. Will repurchase again and again!

on 6/21/2012 10:47:00 AM

It was a pretty good moisturizer, but broke me out