December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by HePaintsMeBlue

Before I begin: my hair is very fine but I have lots of it, it tends to get dry with greasy roots, and it's curly/wavy.

Something has been telling me to try this conditioner for months even though I had strong doubts about it because I have disliked other John Frieda products. It was really bugging me, so I finally decided to just try it to get it out of the way so I could try something better. (I've tried pretty much every conditioner -- every drugstore brand, many salon brands.)
I couldn't believe how awesome my hair felt after this. This conditioner makes it so soft, smooth and healthy feeling -- not coated, not slick, not that plastic-y silicone feeling, just very light, soft, smooth, completely healthy and natural, like a young child's hair. I've never experienced this with a conditioner before; even the conditioners that I've really liked have felt artificial.
I didn't notice an alteration in my color per se, but it does make my hair bright, very healthy and vibrant.

Loving this! It's now an HG along with Redken All-Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Mrsgater

I used this shampoo and conditioner after I switched my hair fom blond to brown. My hair quickly faded back to an orangey brown and felt really bad. I do love the scent so instead of tossing it away I use it for my toddlers bath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Schip

This shampoo does make my hair smell delicious, and feel soft and easy to come out when wet. I feel it builds up a bit when used all week, but with the dry summer air, that is fine with me. My hairdresser likes this product also.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

Yum, I love the way this product line smells! I would probably buy it for that alone.

I don't have any other earth-shattering observations to make about it--it does make my hair shiny, clean and doesn't dry it out.

If I had this in a pump bottle, now that would be the improvement I would make!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by nurseexec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this and the matching conditioner every other day. I like the shine it gives my dark brunette hair, and it's gentle enough that it protects my color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmuffet

My whole family is brunette except for me. Someone left this shampoo and the matching conditioner in the shower one day, so I tried it. My hair is so shiny and smooth after I use this! If I use it for more than a week at a time, my blonde hair loses it's brightness a bit, but I love it for those days when I just want perfect, shining hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by jenniferlm21

i really liked this shampoo! it really did a good job moisturizing my hair. it made my hair really soft and clean looking. its thick so not much is needed

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nsterk

Even though the price kind of put me off the product at first (I dont know how expensive it is abroad, but here its 8.50 per thingie) I loooove the shampoo !!! I always use conditioner on my hair too so paying 17,- to clean my hair kills me, but it works really well. It makes my hair shine without making it greasy, which lots of shampoo do. Love it !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LolaPistola

I loved this a couple of years ago and decided to repurchase the shampoo and conditioner a month ago after alternating between Redken, Jason's and Aveda. It smells good and it is about six dollars for both of them at Target, but it's really not doing it for me anymore. I usually wash my hair every other day and I think this causes too much buildup for me, even though I alternate it with a clarifying shampoo. It moisturizes fine enough but I don't think it has done anything special for my hair (I don't know if that's because my hair isn't colored?) I would still recommend that people give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I've been buying this product since it came out. I have dark brown/black, soft, curly, long hair. I love the scent and it makes my hair soft. I don't use it every day, but a few times a week. I find that I need to switch my shampoos and conditioners around during the week in order to avoid product buildup. I use this with the matching conditioner. Highly recommended.