Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Mascara

on 1/17/2011 10:51:00 PM

This is a great, basic mascara. The packaging claims it's an "all-in-one" thickening, lengthening, and defining mascara, but it doesn't do all that much of any of those things. At most it makes your lashes darker and a little more apparent. It's smooth and clump-free, it doesn't smudge, it has a great bristle-brush and comes in an easy-to-hold tube, and it washes off with soap and water. In fact, if I had a little sister approaching make-up wearing age, this is exactly the mascara I would buy for her.

I'll be returning it and probably not buying it again simply because I'm looking for a little more thickening power (I'm trying Super Thick Lash tomorrow -- fingers crossed!), but it's good to know this is out there.

on 1/16/2011 1:05:00 PM

I got this mascara because of all the good reviews on here, and for a $5 mascara, I'm pretty impressed. It lengthens and volumizes very well. It can hold a curl pretty well, but not too well. The only thing that bugged me is that the formula seems to be pretty dry but I don't know if that's because I got a bad batch. Because of this, it kinda clumps up, but not too much so it's not that bad. I'd only buy this again if I didn't find something better.

on 1/12/2011 8:36:00 PM

this was my first cover girl try about three years ago.
i was completely unhappy with it.
it did absolutely nothing for my lashes.

on 1/8/2011 9:05:00 PM

FAIL.

Barely defined my lashes.
Didn't hold a curl.
Added no volume.

on 12/29/2010 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go too mascara....it gives natural looking length and volume. :) It's nothing against any amount of water and it goes bad quite quickly. I might purchase it again but for now I'll be searching and trying out different things. Something with the same brown color that I love but that's more long lasting and waterproof. If you guys know any good ones that fit that description, message me!

on 11/28/2010 6:58:00 PM

This is just a plain old, run-of-the-mill mascara. Nothing special. It's great if you want a very natural look, because it doesn't create super dramatic lashes. So it's good for wearing to school daily, and doesn't clump and isn't hard to take off. I probably won't repurchase, just because I want to try out more mascaras, and this one isn't my HG. But overall, if you're looking for a cheap mascara that gives you some length and volume but not too much, this is the product for you!

on 11/28/2010 1:38:00 AM

Cheap mascara but its really bad quality. Ive only used it once (used my sisters one, she also didnt like it) and it looked pretty bad, it clumped i got little volume and no length. The kind of quality id expect to find in $2 mascara.

on 11/22/2010 2:05:00 PM

This product did exactly what Covergirl.com said it would, serparate for a pretty, natural look, and give some volume. The only thing I didn't like what it's is wayy to un-waterproof. If I yawned part of it would come off from the water my eyes made, but, other than that, it's nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is good if you're looking for a natural or subtle eyelash look. It does not provide a great amount of length or volume and can be clumpy if not applied VERY carefully. Its buildable, but again only if you're really careful. I would not recommend this mascara if you're not willing to spend time working with it. There are superior mascaras for similarly cheap prices that I would personally recommend over this...like loreal voluminous, cover girl lash blast (original), maybelline stiletto, etc, etc.

on 11/11/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know if I got a bad batch or the likes but this left me with 3 lashes. I had all of my lashes just clump together into three separate lashes. I threw this out shortly after using it the first time.

Popular Mascaras