April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Klebron

i loved this when I first got it.. I have long lashes that curl great but they never stay up for more then a half hour.. when I would use this i would apply the primer then use a lash comb .. then use a curler... then top it off with my normal mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One word: AMAZING. I've noticed that every since I've been using this primer, I have been losing a lot less eyelashes. The main reason I wanted to try a mascara primer was because I found that mascaras have left a drying effect, and in turn, some of my lashes have become damaged to the point where they were either breaking off at the tips or falling out altogether. It wasn't a major issue however, but I did want it to stop.

In my experience, when I use this primer under ANY mascara (and I have tried quite a few), my lashes still feel soft, full, and more like my natural eyelashes! That's not to say that it leaves a natural look. This primer clings to mascara pigment like I've never seen and every lash gets coated with pigment. The result is almost staggering. Dramatic, lush, long, buildable lashes with every stroke! I love this look for even day time so, needless to say, this primer has become my HG.

After reading some reviews about this product, I find that I haven't had the same experience with the white tips that some have. I guess it's all in the technique or mascara applied over. This primer does not necessarily need to dry so it does not add much time at all to my daily routine and that's always a plus. I got this for $13 at Sephora, and it's definitely worth the money. If you haven't tried this or are thinking about trying a mascara primer, don't hesitate. It won't leave a dent in your wallet and in fact, is cheaper than a lot of mascaras!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jesscuhkimx3

i find that this product will only be effective for those with skimpy, thin eye lashes like myself because the main effect of the primer is to thicken the lashes
there may be some lengthening and volumizing but its more for thickening so if you already have thick eye lashes then this product will probably be of no use to you
also this product darkens the color of your mascara which is good
lastly, this primer i found makes removing your mascara much easier which mean less tugging and less eye lash loss
for the ones that this product may not be working for, make sure to coat all your lashes and use an eyelash comb to get rid of white clumps

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Jbreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I have long but thin lashes and this product definitely gave me full volume. I never had problems with irritation with this product. Dries off quickly and blends well with the mascara. Never experienced clumping with this. Definitely an A+

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

This applies just like a white mascara, so you have to make sure you cover the white well with you mascara. I usually apply two coats, then my mascara. I think the results are good - I don't have time to use this daily, but my lashes look much longer with this! It's the first mascara primer I've tried.. I'd like to try others, but I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, impressed with it. Easily covered w/mascara, didn't leave white on lashes. Cheaper than others. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MIAdelaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am generally pleased with my results with this primer, but a few tricks are needed to get good results, which is why I've removed one lippy. First, I never, never let it fully dry. Second, I find a mascara like lash blast with very firm bristles is necessary to separate the lashes. Without this things clumping is very likely. I don't find this difficult to do, and the results are dramatic enough on my short eyelashes that I have repurchased. I do agree with some reviewers that this can cause irritation if you get it in your eye while removing.. be careful!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the absolute WORST!! It irritated my eyes so much I can't believe it - worst product I've ever tried!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

omg this is crap im sorry lol I mean I bought this because it was cheaper than my favorite lash primer by estee lauder. Big mistake. OMg ths is seriously clumpy and doesnt do much for my lashes. It left white crap on my lashes. i wuld never buy this again. This is prolly the only thing Clinique messed up on cuz Im usually pleased by their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

it worked great. i applied this then i use the dior show "blackout". it gave length to my eyelashes and sort of curled a little.