Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

on 4/18/2008 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for the CVS Brand knockoff Daily Blackhead scrub. I haven't tried the Neutrogena brand scrub as I love this one and it's a dollar or so cheaper.

My skin: oily acne prone t-zone and dry cheeks.

I actually like this scrub alot and I use it as my daily cleanser. It works pretty effectively, reducing blackheads but not eliminating them (I don't expect miracles here!). I got bored with it and tried some of Queen Helene's scrubs (finer beads but not enough acne fighting ingredients) and St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub (and it's CVS knockoff) - giant skin ripping beads alert!! I seem to come back to this one.

It has beads that are in the middle w/ size - larger than Queen Helene's but smaller than the walnut shell particles used in both CVS and St. Ives Apricot Scrubs - and I really like it that way. Queen Helene - sand... St Ives - small pebbles lol. They remove excess dead skin and keep my skin texture pretty smooth without over drying it and leaving it tight and flaky.. while the 2% Salicylic acid keeps my pimples at bay. at $4-5, it's definitely worth a try.

on 4/8/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have blackheads on my nose so I saw this product on the sale bin and decided to give it a try. I used it 4 or 5 times and then it went in the trash. It seemed to be an alright scrub but it did not help with the blackheads one bit like as it claimed it would.

on 3/28/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

After using Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub and loving it for over a year, I decided to switch things up a bit. I tend to get blackheads on my nose, so I figured this might help clear those up. The first few days I used this it seemed a little harsh, especially compared to the Oil-Free. I've gotten used to it now, and usually my face does feel cleaner right after I use it, but I find that when I get out of the shower (where it currently resides as a tertiary scrub to my daily face regime) my pores feel like they're full of gunk. I also have the same problem others have had: it makes my cheeks, which are normally a little red to begin with, turn bright red. And I haven't seen any noticeable difference in regards to my blackheads. Won't be buying this again.

This was an okay scrub. Not suitable for my acne prone skin though, I found that it aggravated it even more! Probably good for weekly use, people without acne. It didn't eliminate my blackheads whatsoever, I think the exfoliating beads are too big to get into pores! My face stung a bit afterwards. I would not repurchase.

on 3/26/2008 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Made my skin feel very clean and brand new. Although it didn't really get rid of any black heads it's still is a good scrub. dirt cheap and good for weekly use. i would buy again.

on 3/9/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

ok i love this product more then any other product i have tired for black heads. it just make them go away. for a while i would use this then try something else but i always went back to it because my blackheads came back. its not exacly a miracle product but like i said its the best for me. i use it once a day when i take a shower. i love the smell its nice. the beads dont dissolve to quickly so they do actually expholiate my skin. the tube isnt very big but is does last me a while.

on 2/29/2008 11:52:00 PM

Worked well against blackheads, but does not clear up other acne. In fact, scrubs tend to irritate acne even more. Made mine worse...

on 1/20/2008 11:33:00 PM

This product is amazing. I didn't expect it to work as wondefully as it did. In just two days, there is already a dramatic difference on my face. It is smoother, and clearer like promised. It also dried out my skin, not in a bad way. I find my skin not getting as oily as it normally would. I really love this product.

on 1/12/2008 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well I tried this for awhile, but found it didnt really do anything at all for my blackheads, in fact I found the creamy base felt like it was making my skin more congested and as a result giving me more clogged pores. I still rated this a 3 because it didnt break me out, but didnt seem to solve anything either. I now use the Neutrogena body scrub, on my face, and found it works better than anything else I've tried. The blackhead eliminating scrub smells nicer and has better packaging, but I'm more concerned with using something that keeps my skin clear...I seem to need a product that is clear/gel based with scrubbing particles in it. The creamy base of this scrub is what I disliked.

on 12/4/2007 2:23:00 PM

I've been using this for months in place of the original neutrogena facial cleanser, and it's definitely made a difference in my skin (after just a couple days). A great exfoliator. I really like that it keeps my skin soft and smooth, and I love that it gives me a noticeable radiant glow. For its main indication, I'd say it reduced the blackheads on my nose by 50%.