October 23, 2014 | 1736 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:03:00 AM More reviews by angela_cheung11

This was an okay scrub. Not suitable for my acne prone skin though, I found that it aggravated it even more! Probably good for weekly use, people without acne. It didn't eliminate my blackheads whatsoever, I think the exfoliating beads are too big to get into pores! My face stung a bit afterwards. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Made my skin feel very clean and brand new. Although it didn't really get rid of any black heads it's still is a good scrub. dirt cheap and good for weekly use. i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

ok i love this product more then any other product i have tired for black heads. it just make them go away. for a while i would use this then try something else but i always went back to it because my blackheads came back. its not exacly a miracle product but like i said its the best for me. i use it once a day when i take a shower. i love the smell its nice. the beads dont dissolve to quickly so they do actually expholiate my skin. the tube isnt very big but is does last me a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by marissakmac

Worked well against blackheads, but does not clear up other acne. In fact, scrubs tend to irritate acne even more. Made mine worse...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by liddlexangel9

This product is amazing. I didn't expect it to work as wondefully as it did. In just two days, there is already a dramatic difference on my face. It is smoother, and clearer like promised. It also dried out my skin, not in a bad way. I find my skin not getting as oily as it normally would. I really love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by flatline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well I tried this for awhile, but found it didnt really do anything at all for my blackheads, in fact I found the creamy base felt like it was making my skin more congested and as a result giving me more clogged pores. I still rated this a 3 because it didnt break me out, but didnt seem to solve anything either. I now use the Neutrogena body scrub, on my face, and found it works better than anything else I've tried. The blackhead eliminating scrub smells nicer and has better packaging, but I'm more concerned with using something that keeps my skin clear...I seem to need a product that is clear/gel based with scrubbing particles in it. The creamy base of this scrub is what I disliked.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Cyferx24

I've been using this for months in place of the original neutrogena facial cleanser, and it's definitely made a difference in my skin (after just a couple days). A great exfoliator. I really like that it keeps my skin soft and smooth, and I love that it gives me a noticeable radiant glow. For its main indication, I'd say it reduced the blackheads on my nose by 50%.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by jaimebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i get blackheads on my nose and also the surrounding area. nothing worked until i found this! i'd never been a fan of Neutrogena products so at first i hesitated to buy it, but i'm glad i did!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scrub. I used St. Ives Apricot for many many years and I prefer this. It's exfoliating enough and I like the scent. I really like Neutrogena skin products, and I would really like to try the Blackhead Eliminating Mask as well, but I can't seem to find it. I have repurchased this scrub.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as I have lots of blackheads that don't seem to shift, my St Ives had run out and I wanted to try a gentle scrub as I have sensitive skin sometimes.
I'm not sure about it yet. its a very smooth product, with a synthetic 'perfume' smell but it does go on very smooth and hasn't irritated my skin. However, it doesn't seem to remove blackheads which is disappointing.
It leaves your skin feeling very soft but its extremely difficult to rinse off . I, too, have had problems with full breakouts after and wonder if its because of this? anyway, I will continue to use for a while longer and update.
UPDATE: persevered for most of the tube. as soon as I started using something else (Avalon Organics lavender gel) my skin has improved. will not repurchase