Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow

3.8

on 12/31/2008 5:22:00 PM

I got this off clearance at Lucky's for $2 - it's a very sheer pink and the texture is very smooth and blendable. I'm not sure if I would buy this for the full $10 retail if I saw it in drugstores, but this gives off a very nice glow to my pale skin. The pop-out mirror is very convenient when you don't really have space to carry a good mirror.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

After only having used powder blushes, I thought it was time for a change. Not that I have an issue with powders, theyre great, but I wanted to try something new. I looked to the Revlon section of my local CVS and saw this beautiful baby pink called "Rosy Glow". I knew I just had to have it. After getting home I immediately tried it on, and my face looked so radiant! One word I can use to describe this is "cute". It's just so young and fresh. Application was easy with my fingers, and it dried to a powdery sheen. Lasts all day, and is a great base for powder blushes and whe paired with a pink-ish illuminator (such as Clinique's up-lighting in blush). The packaging is a little clunky but I can forgive that, and the pop-out mirror is a little odd. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone darker than me, as it can easily come up ashy. Overall this is a great cream blush and has prompted me to try others.
Would buy again?: Yes.
Price?: $9.99USD at CVS.

on 9/16/2008 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got the glowy comment also from someone in church yesterday. I think this is so easy to apply, so inexpensive, yet can make us look like there's life radiating from within for some reason. The color is a sweet pink but the product is not overly pigmented, in fact compared to other higher end brands, I bet this might seem a bit sheer. For me it's perfect and gives a nice balance. This is easy to apply with a skunk brush or even your fingers.

on 7/25/2008 2:58:00 PM

I wore this for the first time (my other makeup was as I normally do it) and the moment I walked into the office my co-workers said "wow, you look really pretty and glowy today!" I used the cream blush as a 'base' and then did a pop of Estee Lauder Tender Blush in Pink Kiss on the top. So, what more do I need to know??

on 7/10/2008 11:46:00 AM

I wanted a cream blush, I thought it might work better and look more natural on my dryish skin. This is a neutral light pink. I have warm pale skin and pinks can be tricky on me, but this one looks great. It's very natural looking. You can put on with your fingers and blend it in. I'm not nuts about the little pop up mirror, (I'd rather a regular compact) but otherwise I'm happy with this product. It's a little expensive for me, $10 for a blush, but I could find not other cream blush in the drugstore. I think it will last me a while all the same. I'll probably try other colors in this cream blush line.

on 2/28/2008 12:35:00 PM

I've used Lancôme powder blush in Aplum for years.

Am changing because a cream blush is probably going to be more suitable for my older complexion, now that I am getting ever so slight crinkle lines down my cheeks.

I thought I would try lesser expensive product lines first.

What a short search this has turned out to be.

I Love(!!!) this color for my complexion. It looks bright and cheery yet rosy. It applies very easily, stays on all day, and doesn't settle into my slight lines. The compartment cleverly contains a mirror. And the price... All they need to do now it name it after me. :)

This is the closest thing to NARS Penny Lane at the drugstore. PL is a bit peachier, but they are close. Easy to blend, great color for pale blondes.

on 2/1/2008 5:33:00 PM

This is the third time I have purchased this. I love it and use it as an alternate to MAC's Brit Wit. Very pretty and sheer, perfect for daytime! My only gripe is that it doesn't stay on too long, but that's okay. It doesn't cake or look uneven if and when you re-apply. I find this a problem with powder blushes, and I will never go back. Love the little shimmer, much better than Maybelline's Dream Mouse. I think this would only work with light skinned people, as it is VERY light. Try applying this with Flirt's Feather Dust-Her brush for even application and more of a pop of color. I find that if you use your fingers, it rubs off the foundation under it. Pair it with MAC's Oyster Girl or Almay's Ideal Lipgloss in Pink Shimmer. Tres pretty!

on 1/19/2008 6:46:00 PM

I had previously used the Berry Flirtatious Cream Blush, but found it was a bit too cool for me. After reading the reviews, I bought Rosy Glow. And that exactly is what this blush does, it gives your cheeks a rosy glow. Very natural looking and quite lovely. It takes a little practice to get the right application, b/c it is easy to end up with clown cheeks with this product. And the staying power is not fantastic. But this is a lovely blush and I think it would look quite nice on a variety of skin tones. UPDATE 4/15/08 I stopped using this blush when I looked in the mirror and saw freaking clown cheeks. I cannot apply cream blush correctly. My bad. Went back to Laura Geller Baked Berry Blush. Much better.

on 12/29/2007 7:38:00 PM

This is a decent product, really it is, but in the end I ended up giving it to my friend.

The color is lovely and very natural, as is the finish. I was totally in love with this blush for a few weeks. I loved the packaging, and the little mirror the -schink!- pops out when you press the little button.

It wouldn't last very long on my face, maybe about two hours if I was lucky, but that's okay - I'm a reapp queen.

But when I started wearing powders more often, this blush and I had a falling out. It gets a bit gritty with even the most finely milled powders, and we had to part ways.

Might repurchase and try applying with a wet foundation brush when the Revlon's superior LE cremes are discontinued