April 16, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - lipgloss with mega shine

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really sorry to all the fans out there, but I really don't get the hype surrounding this product.

As soon as I removed the cap/applicator, I was overwhelmed by the distinct cherry scent. That was honestly enough to turn me off the product. But because so many people rave about this product, I pushed past it.
On application.... it's alright.
Stays well - ish.
Shows up well.
Not too sticky.
I suppose it's definitely a value-for-money product.

Despite all the pros however, the overpowering cherry scent is nauseating enough for me to take off 3 lippies =S
Is such a strong fragrance really necessary in your lipglosses, NYX???

...I don't know. I'll have to wait and see if I get over it

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think these glosses are okay at best, they are just not super special to me. They don't last very long on the lips, being dark skinned most of the colors show up pretty sheer on me, they retail for about $5, which is not extremely high for a gloss but not that cheap either. The pros are that they are not sticky what so ever they do have nice colors, which some are pigmented and show up, they smell great, you get alot of products, about .50 oz. So if this lasted on your lips for a little longer, and didn't get streaky I would give it 5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ryoung001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG wow. wow. wow. picked up one of these today from Ulta and WOW! the texture is so awesome why didn't i know about these before?? The price is exceptional and they were even buy one get one 1/2 off. I might go but some more 0.0 lol love these

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I have well over 20 of these glosses... Every time I'm in Ulta, I manage to come home with a few more. The majority that I have are from online sites like Cherry Culture. It was more difficult to tell the actual gloss shade, but I checked their site today and the new swatches are pretty close. My most recent purchases were Cosmo and Sugar Pie. Cosmo used to be an ugly gray purple, but now it's a stunning foil effect pink with shimmer. Taupe used to be a milky beige that looked bad on pretty much everyone, but the shade has been updated. I haven't seen it in person, but I noticed more than half of my stash has been discontinued. Salsa was a pretty hot pink, and now it looks like a baby pink. There were some unique shades, like Sunrise, that they changed or got rid of in order to wipe the slate clean. What they have now is certainly more universal, but not unique. These are still great glosses for $5.49. The texture is smooth and creamy, and they last a reasonable amount of time. Now that I've compared the older with the new, I see that they are more sticky and not as smooth. That is why my two new ones last so long. I will sum it up with the changes that I've seen in a list.

1. Smokey Look- is now more pink.
2. Salsa- no longer hot pink.
3. Sunrise- not as special or unique now.
4. Cosmo- is a 360 degree change from what it was, which is a good thing.
5. Cady Shop is now Candy Shop, and I don't believe it's a sheer peach anymore. It looks pink.
6. Juicy Cherry- is gone.
7. Burgundy- was beautiful, and it's gone.
8. Plush Red- isn't as opaque and rich in color.
9. Too many shades are sheer, with almost no color at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this product in Beige and I love it! The gloss is very pigmented and shiny, my only complaint is the packaging. The little bow on top is absolutely adorable, but my complaint is that whenever I close the tube, there's always a little bit of product where the cap and tube meet! This isn't a big deal, but if I don't remove it m makeup bag becomes sticky!
5 stars for the gloss: pigmented, long lasting, good smelling, glossy but not mirror glossy (which I personally don't like)
4.5 for the packaging.
Definitely recommend though, I love NYX!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by michelley2231

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this gloss! A lot of people complained about the smell - but this is actually one of the things I like about it. It is fairly sweet smelling and kind-of reminds of those cherry cough drops that taste more like candy.

Love...
* Long lasting for a lipgloss
* Wide array of great, neutral & easy to wear bright colors
* Doe-foot applicator
* Great size/shape

Colors that I own are...
1) Beige - Everyone should own this color! It's the perfect neutral pink.
2) French Kiss - Nice for evening & over a lipstick.
3) La-La - I think this is a new color & perfect for summer.
4) Pink Frost - A little too pale & would probably not buy again.
5) American Queen - Hot purpley/pink & goes great with a shimmery white eye.
6) Perfect - A lighter version of with a hint of gold shimmer. Great color.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Pizoobie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have two of these, in Crystal Soda and Sunrise.

PROS:
- Decent amount of colour
Sunrise in particular is pretty heavily pigmented, and I would wear this even without a lipstick underneath for a bold red lip look.

- Not very sticky once dried

CONS:
- Tastes AWFUL!
I've heard that these lip glosses smell/taste like artificial cherry, but I didn't hear anything about the strong waxy taste that overpowers the cherry taste. For this reason, I only apply this lipstick to the outer edges of my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with Mega Shine Lip Gloss!
I purchased ten of these on ebay for $3 each with international shipping. And honestly I find them much better than any gloss (including high end brands) I used before.
I'm a lipstick fan - to me lipglosses were always sticky, unpleasant on the lips, with watery texture and almost without a color. They also tend to run, or bleed, or disappear in 15 minutes. BUT! NYX Mega Shine is quite different.
It's not sticky at all. It doesn't bleed, even without a liner. It stays put for 2-3 hours (I think it's very good result for lip gloss) and survives eating and drinking pretty well. The texture is thick, but not unpleasant, and extremely buildable.
But the most amazing thing is it's color payoff. Forget about weak, watery colors. Mega Shine has the brightest, most vivid colors one can imagine! Only some glosses in this range are sheer or transparent; most are almost opaque. You can apply just one coat to get a slightest tint and shine - or 2-3 coats, and it looks like a lipstick. I mean, you don't need to wear lipstick under this gloss.
The packaging looks nice and sturdy, not cheap at all. Applicator is somewhat unusial, but I find it very handy.
Many people complain here about the scent, and I was uneasy about that ordering Mega Shine, because I'm very picky about makeup smell and taste. It's funny, but I like this sweet cherry coke smell, though I strongly dislike a chemical soapy scent of NYX Round Lipsticks (and many people would tell you that RL has no smell at all!). I prefer fruity scents, they are much better than soapy, at least on my lips! As for the taste of Mega Shine, I think there's none.
I love all colors I have except one. I believe that these glosses are much safer than lipstick for ordering online, because what you see is what you'll get. I've swatched all ten on my hand. I'm going to review all colors separately as well.
Hope it helps. I strongly suggest you to try these babies!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews here first, since I dont have nyx where I live. So because many people said the exact same thing about the smell, i decided to try before buying. So I was travelling this weekend and I went to a mall where they had a nyx counter. I went straight to the lipglosses and OMG, THANK GOD I LISTENED to people here. IT REALLY SMELLS BAD. Like cherry medication, burned plastic, strong,deep, annoying scent. This is disgusting, so strong. Just like people described here. I didnt buy any and I wont ever. The staying power on the lips is awful too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ShaunaRich

I'm a lipgloss junkie and I really love these!! I used to only use MAC lipglass, but after watching Makeup Geek's Marlena, she got me hooked on these NYX glosses. The colours are beautiful and I really like the way they feel on my lips, they don't get dried out at all. I love the shine and i think they make my lips look fabulous!!!