NYX Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/24/2007 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfectly serviceable silvered taupe. It tends to look a little. . . 'dusty' on me for some reason. Maybe why it makes a good smokey eye on others. NYX texture and blending are so good, who cares. I'm going to quit harping on the fact that this is so cheap, because honestly NYX has high quality that I would take to the mat against any other brand. Available at any beauty supply store in Fulton Mall.

on 10/13/2007 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is really nice. I'm NC 44/45 and in inside lighting this looks like a silver gray on me. In more natural lighting this looks more like a gray lavender on me. Really soft and easy to blend. I have only used this by itself so far just for some simple color. I look forward to trying this a darker purple to make a purple smoky eye and with a dark gray/charcoal to make the classic smoky eye.

on 9/5/2007 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Color is all others described. It is actually not "perfect" on me as far as color goes, but I still give a 5 because that is the fault of my coloring not the product ;-)
But, I still wear it about 3+ days a week to work because it is SO easy to just put on my eyelids with a brush, and I'm done and it lasts all day, maybe fading a bit but fading in a good, even way. Not settling into the crease or anything.
But, I want to mention the durability. Others have mentioned too. I have carried this in purse, on trips, in luggage, and dropped, and the shadow has not cracked or flaked, nor does any product dust come off. I hate it when my shadow cracks, and this really doesn't.
I will be picking up a couple other shades to see if I can find a better one for me.

on 8/29/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought both the trio (ts 19) and the single, and can safely say that they aren't the same color. The single is MUCH better, its a matte grey/brown with a hint of purple (on my skin, on a white background, its more brown with a hint of grey) while the one in the trio is a frosty, less pigmented greyish purple. I use it wet and it makes such a great smokey eye thats easier to do than with black. It creases on me though (very oily lids), after 8 hours but thats without a primer. I have warm, tan skin and it looks great on me. My mom has an olive undertone, and it makes her look a bit bruised, so I don't know if it'll look so good on people with really yellow undertones.

My fav. brown eyeshadow... it's a light/medium silvered taupe

on 7/20/2007 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very nice eyeshadow. It blends well and has lots of staying power, great find.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I would recommend this color for anyone who likes the neutral but smokey look. Root Beer by NYX is perfect for creating a smokey eye, it has really smooth blendable color and looks so seductive! I made smokey eyes in less than five minutes with this super smokey color!

I would also recommend this shade for anyone who is new at blending. It is always best to stick with neutrals since it is harder to "muddy" them up.

I will buy again and again, I have a feeling this one will be the one I reach for on mornings I can't get out of bed on time!

on 6/5/2007 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually shy away from greys as it makes my dark circles and shadows look all the worse. Because it has brown tones as well as purple ones, this makes a wonderful smoky eye on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As mentioned below, I think it is very similar to MAC Moth Brown. When I stopped by the MAC counter, she actually thought I had Moth Brown on and I was wearing Root Beer, so even if it isnt an exact match, it will do! It's so pretty, applies nicely, great pigmentation! Would def buy again. Purchased at beauty supply for $2.00.

on 5/15/2007 6:41:00 AM

i bought this from sungems on ebay after trying in vain to find it at my local longs. if my digicam hadn't crapped out i'd take photos of the swatches. NYX ROOT BEER IS A PERFECT DUPE OF MAC'S LE MOTH BROWN!!! applied dry, these two shadows are IDENTICAL. i love this greyed brown as a crease/defining shade. of course this shadow has nyx's amazing consistency and blendabiltity, and naturally it lasts all day. if you have one nyx eye shadow, get this one! just like moth brown, it's incredibly versatile. highly reccomend this!