November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Henslayer

I like this product for a light coverage. It doesn't give the full coverage I've been so desperately looking for from the drugstore. All the beauty gurus rave, but it's not the best. It is however a good foundation if you don't have red rosy cheeks that I, myself, suffer from. I do like to cover that so my blush doesn't look odd, but sadly, this foundation doesn't do that. It does even out my skin tone. As far as staying matte, I don't have a problem with that because my skin isn't really oily. All in all, I would buy again, but It's not my holy grail or my go to foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kzelev96

I was looking forward to this product after so many beauty gurus have suggested it to be an "amazing for oily skin" foundation. I bought it and it wasn't oily the first time I used after that it started sinking in my poors and lines my t zone became super oily. It was just a mess. I might consider using it when winter comes here in the houston area and use a different primer but other than that not a great product for summer for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by SlightlyKristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not the best foundation...

Pros:

-Good color match
-Price is decent

Cons:

-Not the best coverage for acne/acne scars.
-Does not blend very well.
-Glass bottle w/ no pump.
-Sinks into pores and fine lines.
-Staying power sucks if you are even slightly oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My experience/story: I used True Match in N2 for a number of years back when I didn't know anything about makeup; I matched myself to it in the store when in college and didn't need more from foundation so I stuck with it. Eventually, I began the search for the perfect foundation, and decided not to buy this anymore because it isn't as good as it could be.

Pros:
- Great range / color matching for pale to medium skin tones (including neutral tones! yes!)
- Decent coverage
- Little discernable scent (to me)

Cons:
- Glass bottle with large mouth, no pump
- Greasy feeling once on
- No staying power

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kenka

So far, I like this product, not that I will substitude my Estee Lauder double wear with it, but it is a good alternative for light make up..

it is not full coverage, but it is buildable if you want

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by connorclarke93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and it really emphasized this. It did suit my yellow undertoned skin (which is hard to buy because I am so fair and they are generally more pink) but the dryness was ridiculous and it did not last very long on my skin. Also even after i had set it if i even rubbed my finger on my face it would move the foundation and create a line where it had rubbed off. Really disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Kayleen7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even though I don't really like liquid foundations, I bought this a while ago because I heard the true match line was great. To be fair, I did buy the wrong shade. First of all, the packaging is horrible, I can never get out the right amount. I tried applying it with my finger and it wasn't blending so I used a sponge and it seemed like it was blending pretty well (but maybe the sponge was just absorbing most of the excess makeup). It took a while to blend it into my jawline and it slightly emphasized my eye bags and revealed a dry patch on my nose. I set it with the pressed powder (also the wrong shade). And the makeup looked flaky from up close but the dry patch and the eye bags look better. When I touch my face it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup and only a light trace of powder comes off on my fingers. It has pretty good coverage and from far away it looks perfect, I think it makes an excellent stage makeup so I will keep it around. I don't remember how much I payed for it but I have only used this makeup 3 times and the bottle's more than halfway empty. I have since found my perfect shade and have bought (and re bought) the pressed powder. The powder is great if you only need light coverage and if you use something to set the powder because with the powder alone it can look kind of dry and it might come off on your fingers. I use the vitamin E rosewater face mist from the body shop and I usually use the powder in my morning routine. I think the liquid foundation is alright and if I feel I start needing more coverage I would consider buying it again in the right shade, but I would be sure to buy the matching pressed powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the Lumi version of this foundation, but I am not impressed with this one. There are lots of colors to choose from...only if you don't have light skin. It was really thick (for my tastes) and it did not stay put very well. After the morning I had a big line on my face (like I couldn't blend my makeup) where it had moved up my cheek and around my chin. Not sure what happened there, but it was very noticeable. I tried using it several more times and always found it to be very blotchy. It moved around on my skin like crazy and I don't have oily skin. More like dry skin! Plus, I felt like it made my face look much more unnatural, orange-y and plastic. My biggest gripe is the packaging. No pump or squeeze. Just a twist on cap. It is a nightmare to get it out of the bottle and extremely messy. I hate that! I have tried this a few times and I probably won't be using it much, if it all. Such a shame for how much I have left.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautyevs

I do not see the hype with this product! I initially bought the pink toned lightest shade and it didn't suit me, so I bought the yellow toned lightest shade and that didn't suit me! Also, it's so watery it feels like it just slides down my face, and it does not have good coverage at all in . I would find myself putting it on in the morning, concealing then powdering and then by lunchtime I would need to put more of it on! 4 lipsticks for the packaging though as I do like a foundation with a pump, and only 3 lipsticks for the price as even though it is cheap, I do not think it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this per Lauren Curtis' recommendation on LaurenBeautyy's YouTube channel. I have the Lumi version which I very much like and wanted to try the regular True Match foundation. It has a hint of shimmer in it, and I am between shades at the moment, which is typical for my skin tone. I was able to blend the formula with another color so that I could match my skin tone. The bottle is nothing to write home about since it doesn't have a pump or anyway to regulate the flow of product so I always end up pouring too much out. The coverage is probably about medium, more on the light side than the full-coverage side, as I could still see my skin underneath after a full application. The texture feels a bit thicker than what I normally use but it blends well with a foundation brush. I didn't notice much of a smell with the product. I used a primer underneath and once I set it with powder it seemed to stay all day (where I don't touch my hands to my face at least). I didn't have any issues with it oxidizing or changing color through the day. I would like this foundation a whole lot more if L'Oreal would put a pump-style bottle out in the U.S. like they have across the pond! Overall, a good foundation for the price, I would repurchase if I ever ran out (unlikely I would run out though, since I have so many other foundations to use up).