L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/22/2015 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Where I live, it comes in a bottle with pump so with packaging I didn't have problems. But this foundation just didn't work out for me. I have pretty normal skin with oily T-zone, and this foundation makes a greasy mess on it after an hour or two. It looks amazing when you first apply it and set it with powder, but that's all. It has shimmer or something and that makes it even worse. I wear the foundation when it's not too hot and when I know I will be taking it off after an hour or two just because I want to get rid of it. I'm sorry it didn't work out because I heard a lot of good things about it, but I definitely regret purchasing it.

on 3/20/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It is super-blendable for sure! Light coverage which is good for me. I got C1- Alabaster which matches my skin tone without looking too dark. It doesn't oxidize on me or cling to dry patches when I have them. After a while of wear, I can become shiny which never usually happens but it isn't a big deal considering I have the powder as well as the liquid. I love this foundation! It's a bit pricey for my budget, but worth it. The only downside is the packaging. Hopefully, they've reinvent the bottle. It looks pretty but you can easily waste some of the product having to pour it onto the back of your hand.

on 3/20/2015 10:51:00 AM

I like it at first but then when im already wearing it it oxidize and dry quickly. But still it has a medium coverage but for combo skin it still didnt last all day.

on 3/19/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wish I could like this more, but I just can't justify saying too many nice things about it.

It has a good colour selection. the lightest shade was ok for my casper-ish skin. It leans a little yellow and I lean a little cool, but it was a manageable yellow.

The packaging sucks. No pump. Seriously, l'oreal ?

I thought the product blended out to medium coverage quite well (damp sponge) and could give quite full coverage with other methods. The finish was nearly matte, at first. Three hours later, a greasy mess. And I have seriously dry skin - so....ew?

It does have spf 17 in it (in Canada, anyway), but for very specific reasons I wear spf 30 every day. This foundation does not play well with other sunscreens. I have tried every sunscreen in my arsenal (I'm a bit of sunscreen collector) and it does do ok over neutrogena dry touch - but not the face version! With the exception of the dry touch, the foundation just wouldn't set. So I powdered. And became a cake mess, which turned to a greasy cakey mess three hours later. A greasy cake mess with dry powdered patches. Hot stuff, let me tell you. Even the dry touch got the greasies three hours in, and I don't like dry touch body on my face anyway.

I used the whole bottle up before I wrote this so I'd think I've given it a fair chance. I can conclusively say this foundation breaks me out, and I although I have sensitive skin, it is not generally acne prone. But it got to the point where I wouldn't want to put the foundation on because I knew I'd have breakouts on the sides of my chin, my temples, my jawline and often, my cheek. I did enough controlling for variables, it is definitely the foundation breaking me out.

I'm done the bottle and won't repurchase. Usually I'm ok with suggesting people try stuff if their needs are different than mine, but based on my experience and other mua reviews I won't recommend anyone try it, either.

on 3/18/2015 1:52:00 PM

The mixing possibilities to meet your skin tone is a really feature. I find this foundation dries too fast and is difficult to blend properly on my skin. It also feels really heavy making it difficult to build coverage (it's about a medium coverage on the first pass). Overall it's okay, I think it could be better if I found a better application technique. It picks up on my fine lines, pours, and acne REALLY badly though. It really shows them off, no matter what primer I've tried. I haven't given up hope though, I just prefer to mix it with Revlon ColorStay. I think my skin is just too dry in my skin tone for this.

on 3/18/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for several months before giving a review, i purchased it because of the amount of great reviews it was getting on Youtube. I wouldnt recommend this foundation if you have dry skin because it has a drying affect on my skin (normal skin). It looks slightly powdery on my skin too and i prefer a more dewy finish. However the great thing about this foundation is how well it blends, it feels as though it dissolves into the skin. I wouldnt purchase this product again.

I've bought a lot of drugstore foundations and were disappointed because they didn't match my skin tone or were a little darker, but this one is the first I've found from Wal-Mart that has matched my pale skin tone.

I had heard a lot of good reviews about this foundation for quite a while, but I never bought until a few months ago. It's a small bottle, a lot smaller than most foundations I've seen. When I first tried this, I was really excited because the moment I put it on my skin, it was actually the right shade.

It does cost a little more than usual foundations. I think I bought this for about ten dollars. The only problem I have with it is since my skin is dry and sensitive, I have to use moisturizer a lot before I put this on my face. I used to use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream underneath this which worked pretty well.

Overall, I really do like this product and would buy it again.

on 3/16/2015 11:46:00 AM

I have this in two colors: W3 and C3. W: Warm and C: Cool. So, i took one of those online tests to determine what my under tones truly are and i found that I am COOL. :) I've been using the W3 for several months now, and found that it was too orange for me. I did buy it in a shade darker just because I am very pale and wanted a bit more color in my skin.

pros:
- color range: if you can get away with buying a shade lighter or darker, then that means there's a pretty good color range. I am at the lightest end of the spectrum and bought the 3rd color (W3 and C3). Now that I have both, C3 color is way better suited for my skin. its not orange on me, and looks way better!! if only i knew beforehand which one i should buy. I think I might try the Neutral shade as well.
- the formula: I like the SPF 17, it is easy to blend and work with IF you apply a really good primer underneath (I use Smashbox's pore minimizing primer, amazing stuff). If you don't, i find this foundation EXTREMELY hard to blend. I prefer applying this in the dotted face method, and then i blend it out with my beauty blender. I get a medium coverage. If i feel like getting full coverage, I use a brush.
- longevity: this is pretty long lasting, at night time, my face still looks good and the foundation is still in place, doesn't break up or melt off.

cons:
- the packaging... the bottle does look sleek on my vanity, but oh goodness, the spillage... the spillage!!! the packaging is so unsanitary because there's no pump. I've learned to work with it since using it for over a year now but still wish L'oreal reinvented the packaging.
- It does say oil-free but i do still get oily but I'm not complaining because with every bb cream, tinted moisturizer and foundation, I get oily regardless. I've accepted it.

on 3/15/2015 9:01:00 PM

I used to love love love this foundation. Don't know what some people are talking about. It doesn't settle in my dry patches and I have quite a bit!! I have combination skin, but dehydrated acne prone. I kept rebutting this. It's an amazing choice IF you don't have acne prone skin. I can't guarantee that this is what caused the breakouts on my cheek area, since I am always trying new cosmetics, however I just seemed to notice it really has been keeping my acne alive. Unfortunately, I cannot buy this again due to the breakouts I am so trying to avoid.

on 3/14/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm gonna keep it short and simple. I needed a foundation that won't break me out so I tried this after watching Michelle Phan rave about this product.

Pros
- great colour selections, there's cool/neutral/warm toned
- has spf
- super blendable
Cons
- looks cakey and drying, also clings onto dry patches
- light coverage, doesn't hide acne
- oily from 1-2 hour
- so much glitter in this
- no pump
- oxidizes, i looked a bit orange after a while

Bought this for 11$. Honestly, super disappointed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials