Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.2

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

I use to use the santal version of this and love it but have switched to the orchid oil after finding out my skin type is dehydrated rather than dry. I do have a little oil in the t-zone and get hormonal breakouts.

Im not too keen on the smell of this, when first applied it sits on top of skin for some time (unless you use a very small amount) I use it at night and in the mornig my skin looks fab, its really moisturised and has a glow to it. Hasnt made my T-zone more oily (i only get slightly oily anyway) or given me breakouts. As my skin is becomming more hydrated my makeup is going on much more smoothly. This product will last me ages as I only need to use a small amount. I will definately repurchase this. The only negative is the smell which is quite strong and kind of woody (1 lippie off for this reason only) but I will keep on using as I love the results I'm getting.

Great product!
I was having extremely dry skin during winter time, all of my hydrating moisturizer wont help the peeling. I went to Clarins' counter and the skin care specialist did a facial with this product, and the peeling disapear!
This product can be use in several ways:
massage,
put a thine layer on before mask,
put a thine layer on before moisturizer

It really help my skin a lot!
Great product to recomman.

on 1/29/2008 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very grateful to my friend for introducing me to this product! I have very dry skin all year around, but it get especially bad in the winter. This product has helped my skin so much.
I use it once or twice a week, and keep it overnight right after applying my toner. It makes my skin smoother and feel more hydrated. The smell is really pleasant as well - really natural and soothing. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused any blemishes to appear either. Also, the bottle lasts for ages - so that justifies the price, as well as the quality of the product, of course.
I would give it a 5, but I'm a harsh marker :) And also, the packaging annoys me a bit. One has to be careful not to pour too much out at once, as getting the oil back into the bottle can be a bother.
In conclusion: definitively worth investing into, especially if you have dry skin.

on 11/19/2007 4:47:00 PM

The Orchid Oil is fantastic product, i always buy it! One week i use my night moisturizer, the other week my Orchid Oil, i warm couple of drops in my hands and then apply on my face. I always have dehydrated skin , air conditioning summer, heating winter time...never the end :)
( how to check: press your hand on your cheek and push it up, if you see horizontal lines, you're dehydrated),
this oil helps my skin A LOT! I wake up with very sft skin, like baby :)

on 10/23/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i use both santal and orchidee oil, both r excellent products! reccomanded to all who have dry skin or ezyma prone skin, u will never regret!

on 8/18/2007 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is great for dehydrated skin. I used this at night after clarins toning lotion and this really helped hydrate and soften. It absorbs well when applied while the toner is still damp. and best of all, this didn't cause any breakouts. this is a wonderful product and I love the herbal scent. a bottle will last for awhile so its worth the money. I may need a it more hydration when the weather gets colder. I do have really dry skin.maybe I should try the santal oil which is for dry to extra dry skin.

on 5/8/2007 10:46:00 AM

I don't really have dry, sensitive skin, but I love this oil anyway, because it0s natural and very effective on my skin, leaving it soft and very elastic. As I don't work outside and I stay at home most of my time, I love to apply it in the afternoon, as I'm taking a rest and after cleansing my face from makeup. The smell of barber is nothing sophisticated (it comes from patchouly), but I don't bother much as I can appreciate very good results.

on 2/28/2007 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this, from my Babygirl in the U.K.:) I didn't have any particular plans for this product, just something I wanted to try and to have on hand--Ohio Winters are NO JOKE! I used it a few times, around my lips before bed, when they were getting a bit dry. Then, in the middle of Winter, my skin dried out like never before! I'm sooooo glad I had this stuff! I use it like Clarins recommends; I put a few drops in my hands, warm the oil a bit and press it into the skin. The one difference in the way I use it is that Clarins suggests this goes on first. I prefer to put my other serums/moisturizers on first and use the oils to seal everything. What really surprised me is the fact that it hasn't broke me out! Not once, not nothing! I'm very impressed with this. I also use this oil, in conjunction with the Lotus Oil. I use the Blue Orchid in the dry spots and I use the Lotus Oil everywhere else--it's perfect. They work so well together! I plan on buying a fullsize of this, in the fall, that way I'll have it for when the Winter hits!

on 12/25/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This doesn't have a delightful smell to it, but it works. I put a small drop in the palms of my hands, rub together to heat up, then apply to my skin. I noticed it doesn't break me out, just makes my skin feel soft and less irritated.

on 11/1/2006 9:57:00 PM

First of all, I live in a very dry, very cold climate where the heat is on about 5 months of the year. (Followed by 3 months of air conditioning) My skin has always been extremely dry and flaky. About 2 weeks ago in October, I noticed some dry patched on my cheeks (and thought... "Here we go again!") I went for a free Clarins facial a few days later and she used this oil on me. I really liked it and bought it as soon as there was a promo going on at my nearby drugstore. ($10 Gift Card free with $50 purchase!) I've been using this every night (immediately after toner and before moisturizer) since and I'm happy to say that those dry patches are gone for good! Once a week I am using this under the Thirst Quenching Hydra Care Mask just to give it that extra boost of moisture. continued >>

Popular Treatments (Face)