Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 9/23/2008 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Far superior to Sundari's Vata and Pitta essential oil blends which I was using previously. This is my evening moisturizer, and it's hydrating enough that I don't have to layer another lotion or cream over it to seal in the moisture. In the mornings my skin feels smooth and comfortable, and I'm noticing cleaner/smaller pores as well as a luminosity to my skin which I've never been able to achieve with skincare products alone. This has blue orchid extract in a base of hazlenut oil to retain moisture, tone, and revitalize as well as essential oils of rosewood and patchouli which gives an earthy scent. I love the fragrance which is subtle, but it definitely lingers into the morning. One bottle lasts me about 4-6 months depending on how much product I use each time. Depending on the weather (my skin is drier with colder temperatures) I'll apply anywhere from 3-6 dabs of oil in my palm, rub my palms together and then press them to my face and neck. I wish that the packaging will be revamped to include a dropper applicator -- that's my only gripe -- with the current packaging, you have to pour the product out or dab it into your palms which can be unsanitary for some. Big thumbs up overall :D

on 6/2/2008 3:25:00 PM

this is my first review ever! thanks MUA otherwise i would never have put this yellow oil on my face. i had blocked pores and also dehydrated skin. I guess the oil from my combination skin are trapped inside the top layer of thickened dry skin which causing the blocked pores. used only 2 nights, today i put on make up with smooth smooth skin. wake up in the morning with plumped lovely skin and pores tighten. Blocked pores are decongested somehow I could squeezed the whitehead without much effort and the whole thing come out!
love it so far. will update.....

I use to use the santal version of this and love it but have switched to the orchid oil after finding out my skin type is dehydrated rather than dry. I do have a little oil in the t-zone and get hormonal breakouts.

Im not too keen on the smell of this, when first applied it sits on top of skin for some time (unless you use a very small amount) I use it at night and in the mornig my skin looks fab, its really moisturised and has a glow to it. Hasnt made my T-zone more oily (i only get slightly oily anyway) or given me breakouts. As my skin is becomming more hydrated my makeup is going on much more smoothly. This product will last me ages as I only need to use a small amount. I will definately repurchase this. The only negative is the smell which is quite strong and kind of woody (1 lippie off for this reason only) but I will keep on using as I love the results I'm getting.

Great product!
I was having extremely dry skin during winter time, all of my hydrating moisturizer wont help the peeling. I went to Clarins' counter and the skin care specialist did a facial with this product, and the peeling disapear!
This product can be use in several ways:
massage,
put a thine layer on before mask,
put a thine layer on before moisturizer

It really help my skin a lot!
Great product to recomman.

on 1/29/2008 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very grateful to my friend for introducing me to this product! I have very dry skin all year around, but it get especially bad in the winter. This product has helped my skin so much.
I use it once or twice a week, and keep it overnight right after applying my toner. It makes my skin smoother and feel more hydrated. The smell is really pleasant as well - really natural and soothing. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused any blemishes to appear either. Also, the bottle lasts for ages - so that justifies the price, as well as the quality of the product, of course.
I would give it a 5, but I'm a harsh marker :) And also, the packaging annoys me a bit. One has to be careful not to pour too much out at once, as getting the oil back into the bottle can be a bother.
In conclusion: definitively worth investing into, especially if you have dry skin.

on 11/19/2007 4:47:00 PM

The Orchid Oil is fantastic product, i always buy it! One week i use my night moisturizer, the other week my Orchid Oil, i warm couple of drops in my hands and then apply on my face. I always have dehydrated skin , air conditioning summer, heating winter time...never the end :)
( how to check: press your hand on your cheek and push it up, if you see horizontal lines, you're dehydrated),
this oil helps my skin A LOT! I wake up with very sft skin, like baby :)

on 10/23/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i use both santal and orchidee oil, both r excellent products! reccomanded to all who have dry skin or ezyma prone skin, u will never regret!

on 8/18/2007 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is great for dehydrated skin. I used this at night after clarins toning lotion and this really helped hydrate and soften. It absorbs well when applied while the toner is still damp. and best of all, this didn't cause any breakouts. this is a wonderful product and I love the herbal scent. a bottle will last for awhile so its worth the money. I may need a it more hydration when the weather gets colder. I do have really dry skin.maybe I should try the santal oil which is for dry to extra dry skin.

on 5/8/2007 10:46:00 AM

I don't really have dry, sensitive skin, but I love this oil anyway, because it0s natural and very effective on my skin, leaving it soft and very elastic. As I don't work outside and I stay at home most of my time, I love to apply it in the afternoon, as I'm taking a rest and after cleansing my face from makeup. The smell of barber is nothing sophisticated (it comes from patchouly), but I don't bother much as I can appreciate very good results.

on 2/28/2007 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this, from my Babygirl in the U.K.:) I didn't have any particular plans for this product, just something I wanted to try and to have on hand--Ohio Winters are NO JOKE! I used it a few times, around my lips before bed, when they were getting a bit dry. Then, in the middle of Winter, my skin dried out like never before! I'm sooooo glad I had this stuff! I use it like Clarins recommends; I put a few drops in my hands, warm the oil a bit and press it into the skin. The one difference in the way I use it is that Clarins suggests this goes on first. I prefer to put my other serums/moisturizers on first and use the oils to seal everything. What really surprised me is the fact that it hasn't broke me out! Not once, not nothing! I'm very impressed with this. I also use this oil, in conjunction with the Lotus Oil. I use the Blue Orchid in the dry spots and I use the Lotus Oil everywhere else--it's perfect. They work so well together! I plan on buying a fullsize of this, in the fall, that way I'll have it for when the Winter hits!

Popular Treatments (Face)