January 26, 2015 | 938 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very grateful to my friend for introducing me to this product! I have very dry skin all year around, but it get especially bad in the winter. This product has helped my skin so much.
I use it once or twice a week, and keep it overnight right after applying my toner. It makes my skin smoother and feel more hydrated. The smell is really pleasant as well - really natural and soothing. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused any blemishes to appear either. Also, the bottle lasts for ages - so that justifies the price, as well as the quality of the product, of course.
I would give it a 5, but I'm a harsh marker :) And also, the packaging annoys me a bit. One has to be careful not to pour too much out at once, as getting the oil back into the bottle can be a bother.
In conclusion: definitively worth investing into, especially if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by patricijaj

The Orchid Oil is fantastic product, i always buy it! One week i use my night moisturizer, the other week my Orchid Oil, i warm couple of drops in my hands and then apply on my face. I always have dehydrated skin , air conditioning summer, heating winter time...never the end :)
( how to check: press your hand on your cheek and push it up, if you see horizontal lines, you're dehydrated),
this oil helps my skin A LOT! I wake up with very sft skin, like baby :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use both santal and orchidee oil, both r excellent products! reccomanded to all who have dry skin or ezyma prone skin, u will never regret!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is great for dehydrated skin. I used this at night after clarins toning lotion and this really helped hydrate and soften. It absorbs well when applied while the toner is still damp. and best of all, this didn't cause any breakouts. this is a wonderful product and I love the herbal scent. a bottle will last for awhile so its worth the money. I may need a it more hydration when the weather gets colder. I do have really dry skin.maybe I should try the santal oil which is for dry to extra dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really have dry, sensitive skin, but I love this oil anyway, because it0s natural and very effective on my skin, leaving it soft and very elastic. As I don't work outside and I stay at home most of my time, I love to apply it in the afternoon, as I'm taking a rest and after cleansing my face from makeup. The smell of barber is nothing sophisticated (it comes from patchouly), but I don't bother much as I can appreciate very good results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this, from my Babygirl in the U.K.:) I didn't have any particular plans for this product, just something I wanted to try and to have on hand--Ohio Winters are NO JOKE! I used it a few times, around my lips before bed, when they were getting a bit dry. Then, in the middle of Winter, my skin dried out like never before! I'm sooooo glad I had this stuff! I use it like Clarins recommends; I put a few drops in my hands, warm the oil a bit and press it into the skin. The one difference in the way I use it is that Clarins suggests this goes on first. I prefer to put my other serums/moisturizers on first and use the oils to seal everything. What really surprised me is the fact that it hasn't broke me out! Not once, not nothing! I'm very impressed with this. I also use this oil, in conjunction with the Lotus Oil. I use the Blue Orchid in the dry spots and I use the Lotus Oil everywhere else--it's perfect. They work so well together! I plan on buying a fullsize of this, in the fall, that way I'll have it for when the Winter hits!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't have a delightful smell to it, but it works. I put a small drop in the palms of my hands, rub together to heat up, then apply to my skin. I noticed it doesn't break me out, just makes my skin feel soft and less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

First of all, I live in a very dry, very cold climate where the heat is on about 5 months of the year. (Followed by 3 months of air conditioning) My skin has always been extremely dry and flaky. About 2 weeks ago in October, I noticed some dry patched on my cheeks (and thought... "Here we go again!") I went for a free Clarins facial a few days later and she used this oil on me. I really liked it and bought it as soon as there was a promo going on at my nearby drugstore. ($10 Gift Card free with $50 purchase!) I've been using this every night (immediately after toner and before moisturizer) since and I'm happy to say that those dry patches are gone for good! Once a week I am using this under the Thirst Quenching Hydra Care Mask just to give it that extra boost of moisture. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

What a star product ! I use this every second night, alternating with my night cream. I feared it would clog my pores and make me too oily, but experienced none of that. Instead it leaves the skin super soft and hydrated - and smells fabulous, great before you go to sleep. Also it lasts forever. I cannot thank enough the facialist who recommended it to me. Must be applied with the skin is still moist with toner or you can mix the two in the palm of your hand if you prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by farmermax

I used Lotus Oil for years when I was younger and it got me through my teens and early twenties. I have used a multitude of products since then and now that I am in my 40's I seem to break out more than ever. I decided to go back to Clarins (I deserted them for years because everything I tried gave me spots)and try the Blue Orchid Oil for dehydrated skin. Well my skin loves it, my thread veins look calmer and I any slight blemishes seem to disapear overnight. I found the easiest way to apply it is to pour toner on to a cotton wool pad followed my 3 drops of oil, I then swipe my face all over and find that the oil spreads easily and evenly when mixed directly with the toner.