August 1, 2014 | 1061 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really have dry, sensitive skin, but I love this oil anyway, because it0s natural and very effective on my skin, leaving it soft and very elastic. As I don't work outside and I stay at home most of my time, I love to apply it in the afternoon, as I'm taking a rest and after cleansing my face from makeup. The smell of barber is nothing sophisticated (it comes from patchouly), but I don't bother much as I can appreciate very good results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this, from my Babygirl in the U.K.:) I didn't have any particular plans for this product, just something I wanted to try and to have on hand--Ohio Winters are NO JOKE! I used it a few times, around my lips before bed, when they were getting a bit dry. Then, in the middle of Winter, my skin dried out like never before! I'm sooooo glad I had this stuff! I use it like Clarins recommends; I put a few drops in my hands, warm the oil a bit and press it into the skin. The one difference in the way I use it is that Clarins suggests this goes on first. I prefer to put my other serums/moisturizers on first and use the oils to seal everything. What really surprised me is the fact that it hasn't broke me out! Not once, not nothing! I'm very impressed with this. I also use this oil, in conjunction with the Lotus Oil. I use the Blue Orchid in the dry spots and I use the Lotus Oil everywhere else--it's perfect. They work so well together! I plan on buying a fullsize of this, in the fall, that way I'll have it for when the Winter hits!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't have a delightful smell to it, but it works. I put a small drop in the palms of my hands, rub together to heat up, then apply to my skin. I noticed it doesn't break me out, just makes my skin feel soft and less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

First of all, I live in a very dry, very cold climate where the heat is on about 5 months of the year. (Followed by 3 months of air conditioning) My skin has always been extremely dry and flaky. About 2 weeks ago in October, I noticed some dry patched on my cheeks (and thought... "Here we go again!") I went for a free Clarins facial a few days later and she used this oil on me. I really liked it and bought it as soon as there was a promo going on at my nearby drugstore. ($10 Gift Card free with $50 purchase!) I've been using this every night (immediately after toner and before moisturizer) since and I'm happy to say that those dry patches are gone for good! Once a week I am using this under the Thirst Quenching Hydra Care Mask just to give it that extra boost of moisture. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

What a star product ! I use this every second night, alternating with my night cream. I feared it would clog my pores and make me too oily, but experienced none of that. Instead it leaves the skin super soft and hydrated - and smells fabulous, great before you go to sleep. Also it lasts forever. I cannot thank enough the facialist who recommended it to me. Must be applied with the skin is still moist with toner or you can mix the two in the palm of your hand if you prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by farmermax

I used Lotus Oil for years when I was younger and it got me through my teens and early twenties. I have used a multitude of products since then and now that I am in my 40's I seem to break out more than ever. I decided to go back to Clarins (I deserted them for years because everything I tried gave me spots)and try the Blue Orchid Oil for dehydrated skin. Well my skin loves it, my thread veins look calmer and I any slight blemishes seem to disapear overnight. I found the easiest way to apply it is to pour toner on to a cotton wool pad followed my 3 drops of oil, I then swipe my face all over and find that the oil spreads easily and evenly when mixed directly with the toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

A good product for the winter months when my normally acne-prone skin suddenly becomes extremely dehydrated. But my skin can't tolerate it in the summer, thankfully they also make the Lotus Oil for oily/combo skin. Love the patchouli scent. Expensive but a bottle lasts forever. Note: I just bought Burt's Bees Repair Serum at half the price and am going to compare and update later on this winter. UPDATE: This works well as a night time treatment, whereas I like the Burt's Repair Serum in the a.m., just a few drops, under my moisturizer, as it is lighter than the Orchid. I would purchase the Orchid Oil again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this oil. I don't like to only wear it at night, I wear it during the day. My skin feels so much softer / smoother since I've been using it. I have dry/combo skin - sometimes a little oily in summer. I don't break out much. This stuff is so great. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now. It makes my skin feel so soft / smooth. I put it on in the morning, and put Clarins UV protective day screen spf 40 over it. Its a nice combo. Clarins products have been really working for my skin. The oil is light, soaks in quickly. It smells like Aveda products to me, like their shampure stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bottle of Clarins Blue Orchid Oil only once in my late 30's but I used maybe 1/4 of it and have never finished it... Didn't feel it as a particularly pleasant product. Blue Orchid face treatment oil is for dehydrated skin but I did't notice that it has any positive or rehydrating effects on my skin. I remember that I got a lot of breakouts from this product and terribly clogged pores. I gave it to my mother but she didn't like it either and never finished it, too. I was using some of Decleor aromatic oils for face before that and didn't especially like them, then I tried with this one and didn't like it either. Based on those pretty bad experiences I was convinced that face oils are simply not suitable for my face until I've discovered Darphin aromatic oils which I like a lot. Anyway, Decleor face oils were better for me than this Clarins Blue Orchid oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this several months ago and have been using this as a night time moisturizer. I have dry and sensitive skin, so I'm pleased that this hasn't irritated my skin at all. I was skeptical at first that a face oil would work as an effective moisturizer for me, but my skin has really improved. This is a scented product, but not terribly so. It's a lighter than a cream, so I plan on pairing it with a night cream as well when the weather gets colder for extra protection against dryness. I would definitely repurchase, but the amount of product I have will last for quite a long while