December 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by nadinebritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thick curly hair that always gets frizzy, so I thought this would be perfect for me. It was supposed to make my dry ends not as dry. I used it twice. Once as a replacement for my conditioner and a second time as a mask that I left on for 20 mins. Both times my hair was left super frizzy (even before it dried) and I ended up having to wash my hair again the next day. I ended up wasting $20-ish dollars and I gave it to my mom. It was definitely not what I was looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Yasminde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only used this as a sample, but it's lasted me quite a long time, and I cant wait to get a tub of this stuff! It leaves my hair SO soft and shiny. I've never had so many compliments on my hair, people were wondering whether I dyed it or had it cut, and all I could say was ' Nope, just a new conditioner '. It did make my natural highlights stand out though, and my hair was suddenly very Hollywood. I would recommend this to everybody, it's amazing <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Hate the smell but it works. I switched to Lush shampoos and conditioner because my hair was falling out and I was desperate to try and find something that would stop it and make my hair halfway normal again. I have had problems with hair loss in the past and it seems to be related to something in the shampoos or conditioners that I am using. My hair feels a lot better now, less dry and coarse more like real hair (almost soft!!) lol and it seems to have stopped falling out and I am getting some strong regrowth in the area that had a bald spot. I'll likely just keep using this to stay on the safe side. It's way too expensive and they say a little of this goes a long way but since it does not feel like a regular silicone conditioner to me I tend to use too much because I think it's not working or has not coated my hair. Does nothing to detangle my hair. Will repurchase.

Edit - stopped using this for a while and I completely regret it, after going back to it for only a few days my hair feels better already! I need to stop looking for something new but I just can't help myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this is a pretty decent conditioner. it's pretty thin in consistency.. and kind of runny. and it might seem like it isnt working, but if u coat your hair with it (i focus it on the ends, instead of my roots, since my hair is alraedy very flat), and i let it soak for a couple of minutes, then i rinse it off, and my hair is pretty soft.
i use this after their Big Shampoo... at first i didnt really like the scent of this, but now, i absolutely love it in conjunction with the big shampoo. it just smells so natural and fresh... mmm. i really like this product. pretty pricey though like all lush products. but that tub has lasted me longer than i thought it would...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you can get over this product's somewhat sickening smell; its great. I've used this conditioner for my hair after I bleached it and it did make my hair feel healthier, shiner, and softer. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ever since a Lush store opened in the shopping centre where I work, a good portion of my paycheck has gone into their eco-friendly, fair-trading pockets, trying new stuff. This is one of the very best. My very coarse, thick hair sucks this up like water. I use a palmful after shampooing with Curly Wurly, leave it on while I finish my shower, and rinse. Then I towel dry and add another dab as a leave-in. .Swear... detangled, de-frizzed hair. Seriously,this gives hair-mask results in daily-conditioner time. I alternate days between this and Jasmine Henna Fluff-Ease (which I use in the same manner, not as a pre-treatment) and my coloured, straightened hair has been looking pretty spiffy lately. The scent is violets, but not too icky. One lipstick off because this is rather expensive ( although not as expensive as my previous hair obsession, Ojon, which I still like).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very thick, very dry hair, so thought this would be suitable for me. I like the smell, I like the consistency (nice and thick), but it doesn't really soften my hair very much, and it's still quite frizzy.
I don't much like the tub packaging, but I'm not sure what other options they would have, being that it's so thick. I ended up decanting it into an empty Coca Cola bottle (wide mouth) and it seems to work nicely in that! And the price... $NZ31.50... I won't repurchase, and will probably just try sticking some egg and yoghurt in my hair instead.
Probably wouldn't recommend this for thin hair as it does weigh your hair down a great deal (which is a bonus for me but maybe not for those who don't look like they have a persian cat on their head).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by eunicette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a fabulous conditioner. I use a good handful to really coat each strand. When I wash it off, my hair feels really soft! And I like thinking that's it's all very natural and good for the hair and the environment (though perhaps it's just the marketing...).

My only worry is that there isn't a Lush in Singapore so now I'll have to be on the hunt for it whenever I'm on holiday!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

edited: i took a lippie off bc hubby has complained about the smell. so i ended up returning it. this is a very nice conditoner. i really like the scent. and it left my hair very soft. and the smell lingered on my hair afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by iinfinityplus1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looove this conditioner. It smells amazing, and makes my hair feel super soft. Love it! A little goes a long way for me, and while I don't like that I have to scoop out whatever I use from the tub, I love it enough to rebuy. I even use it to shave with, and it leaves my legs softer than ever.