August 22, 2014 | 1659 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you can get over this product's somewhat sickening smell; its great. I've used this conditioner for my hair after I bleached it and it did make my hair feel healthier, shiner, and softer. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ever since a Lush store opened in the shopping centre where I work, a good portion of my paycheck has gone into their eco-friendly, fair-trading pockets, trying new stuff. This is one of the very best. My very coarse, thick hair sucks this up like water. I use a palmful after shampooing with Curly Wurly, leave it on while I finish my shower, and rinse. Then I towel dry and add another dab as a leave-in. .Swear... detangled, de-frizzed hair. Seriously,this gives hair-mask results in daily-conditioner time. I alternate days between this and Jasmine Henna Fluff-Ease (which I use in the same manner, not as a pre-treatment) and my coloured, straightened hair has been looking pretty spiffy lately. The scent is violets, but not too icky. One lipstick off because this is rather expensive ( although not as expensive as my previous hair obsession, Ojon, which I still like).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very thick, very dry hair, so thought this would be suitable for me. I like the smell, I like the consistency (nice and thick), but it doesn't really soften my hair very much, and it's still quite frizzy.
I don't much like the tub packaging, but I'm not sure what other options they would have, being that it's so thick. I ended up decanting it into an empty Coca Cola bottle (wide mouth) and it seems to work nicely in that! And the price... $NZ31.50... I won't repurchase, and will probably just try sticking some egg and yoghurt in my hair instead.
Probably wouldn't recommend this for thin hair as it does weigh your hair down a great deal (which is a bonus for me but maybe not for those who don't look like they have a persian cat on their head).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by eunicette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a fabulous conditioner. I use a good handful to really coat each strand. When I wash it off, my hair feels really soft! And I like thinking that's it's all very natural and good for the hair and the environment (though perhaps it's just the marketing...).

My only worry is that there isn't a Lush in Singapore so now I'll have to be on the hunt for it whenever I'm on holiday!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

edited: i took a lippie off bc hubby has complained about the smell. so i ended up returning it. this is a very nice conditoner. i really like the scent. and it left my hair very soft. and the smell lingered on my hair afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by iinfinityplus1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looove this conditioner. It smells amazing, and makes my hair feel super soft. Love it! A little goes a long way for me, and while I don't like that I have to scoop out whatever I use from the tub, I love it enough to rebuy. I even use it to shave with, and it leaves my legs softer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by marchesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite possibly one of the best conditioners I've ever tried. My hair is thick and prone to split ends and Retread made it look and feel like I'd just stepped out of the salon. It smooths and shines my somewhat coarse hair brilliantly, without sacrificing tautness and manageability. I'd definitely repurchase.

It has a watermelony scent and a yogurt-like consistency - I believe yogurt is one of the ingredients so it's not vegan-friendly. My only gripe is with the packaging design - it comes in a wide-topped pot from which you scoop out the product with your fingers, and I'm not sure about the hygiene implications. Maybe there should be a bottle or pump version instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tested this along with another Lush shampoo. The SA didn't seem excited about the product, and she was right. The smell, while I liked it in the shop and I liked it in the shower, stayed strong and I could smell it the next day quite distinctly. I didn't like the smell after drying - kind of like an antique store - must be a polish/old furniture type of smell. I've smelt that before with Olay Quench and I stopped using that product. Anyway, as for conditioning, I had to use a lot and I never got the slipperiness I need to get a comb through my hair. My hair still felt pretty parched while I was massaging it in and after I rinsed it out. It just didn't feel calm. The next day, my hair still felt dry and crunchy. To me, a good conditioner needs to work right away, or forget it. So, this is a no go for me. And I don't want the smell competing with my expensive perfumes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by DANCINGGAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I marked this product as 'I wouldn't buy again', but that's because now I don't need to. This stuff totally tamed my crazy, out of control, curly, frizzy hair. I started out having to use quite a bit, but quickly downgraded to smaller and smaller portions. Now my hair is smooth and well conditioned, I don't even need to use this anymore! Now I use Jungle, which I actually prefer the smell of. I've passed this onto my mum who has very similar hair to mine, but I would use this as a monthly treatment or if my hair was super dry or something.
UPDATE!: My mother is currently obsessed with this. She thinks it makes her scalp feel super cool, which is a very good thing considering we are in Australia, it's summer and she gets heat flushes. Also, her hair looks the best it has in years, if ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

My friend gave me a generous sample of this, and I have to say I like it overall. I can't say it's my favorite just yet... I'll have to use it a few more times before I make up my mind, but I do like it and will be purchasing a full sized for myself. I think I over did it with how much I used, but I didn't feel like my hair had anything on it. However, once I got out of the shower, and combed my hair, it was really soft, and conditioned. I was surprised since I couldn't feel anything while in the shower. I didn't care for the smell, but luckily, since I used it with Big, Big's scent overpowered it, and that's the scent that stayed in my hair. Overall, it's a nice conditioner, and I will be purchasing it so I can decided whether I truly love it or not. My hair does look great, shiny, and no dry ends, so it does do a good job!