October 23, 2014 | 1193 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Yasminde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only used this as a sample, but it's lasted me quite a long time, and I cant wait to get a tub of this stuff! It leaves my hair SO soft and shiny. I've never had so many compliments on my hair, people were wondering whether I dyed it or had it cut, and all I could say was ' Nope, just a new conditioner '. It did make my natural highlights stand out though, and my hair was suddenly very Hollywood. I would recommend this to everybody, it's amazing <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Hate the smell but it works. I switched to Lush shampoos and conditioner because my hair was falling out and I was desperate to try and find something that would stop it and make my hair halfway normal again. I have had problems with hair loss in the past and it seems to be related to something in the shampoos or conditioners that I am using. My hair feels a lot better now, less dry and coarse more like real hair (almost soft!!) lol and it seems to have stopped falling out and I am getting some strong regrowth in the area that had a bald spot. I'll likely just keep using this to stay on the safe side. It's way too expensive and they say a little of this goes a long way but since it does not feel like a regular silicone conditioner to me I tend to use too much because I think it's not working or has not coated my hair. Does nothing to detangle my hair. Will repurchase.

Edit - stopped using this for a while and I completely regret it, after going back to it for only a few days my hair feels better already! I need to stop looking for something new but I just can't help myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this is a pretty decent conditioner. it's pretty thin in consistency.. and kind of runny. and it might seem like it isnt working, but if u coat your hair with it (i focus it on the ends, instead of my roots, since my hair is alraedy very flat), and i let it soak for a couple of minutes, then i rinse it off, and my hair is pretty soft.
i use this after their Big Shampoo... at first i didnt really like the scent of this, but now, i absolutely love it in conjunction with the big shampoo. it just smells so natural and fresh... mmm. i really like this product. pretty pricey though like all lush products. but that tub has lasted me longer than i thought it would...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you can get over this product's somewhat sickening smell; its great. I've used this conditioner for my hair after I bleached it and it did make my hair feel healthier, shiner, and softer. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ever since a Lush store opened in the shopping centre where I work, a good portion of my paycheck has gone into their eco-friendly, fair-trading pockets, trying new stuff. This is one of the very best. My very coarse, thick hair sucks this up like water. I use a palmful after shampooing with Curly Wurly, leave it on while I finish my shower, and rinse. Then I towel dry and add another dab as a leave-in. .Swear... detangled, de-frizzed hair. Seriously,this gives hair-mask results in daily-conditioner time. I alternate days between this and Jasmine Henna Fluff-Ease (which I use in the same manner, not as a pre-treatment) and my coloured, straightened hair has been looking pretty spiffy lately. The scent is violets, but not too icky. One lipstick off because this is rather expensive ( although not as expensive as my previous hair obsession, Ojon, which I still like).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very thick, very dry hair, so thought this would be suitable for me. I like the smell, I like the consistency (nice and thick), but it doesn't really soften my hair very much, and it's still quite frizzy.
I don't much like the tub packaging, but I'm not sure what other options they would have, being that it's so thick. I ended up decanting it into an empty Coca Cola bottle (wide mouth) and it seems to work nicely in that! And the price... $NZ31.50... I won't repurchase, and will probably just try sticking some egg and yoghurt in my hair instead.
Probably wouldn't recommend this for thin hair as it does weigh your hair down a great deal (which is a bonus for me but maybe not for those who don't look like they have a persian cat on their head).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by eunicette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a fabulous conditioner. I use a good handful to really coat each strand. When I wash it off, my hair feels really soft! And I like thinking that's it's all very natural and good for the hair and the environment (though perhaps it's just the marketing...).

My only worry is that there isn't a Lush in Singapore so now I'll have to be on the hunt for it whenever I'm on holiday!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

edited: i took a lippie off bc hubby has complained about the smell. so i ended up returning it. this is a very nice conditoner. i really like the scent. and it left my hair very soft. and the smell lingered on my hair afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by iinfinityplus1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looove this conditioner. It smells amazing, and makes my hair feel super soft. Love it! A little goes a long way for me, and while I don't like that I have to scoop out whatever I use from the tub, I love it enough to rebuy. I even use it to shave with, and it leaves my legs softer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by marchesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite possibly one of the best conditioners I've ever tried. My hair is thick and prone to split ends and Retread made it look and feel like I'd just stepped out of the salon. It smooths and shines my somewhat coarse hair brilliantly, without sacrificing tautness and manageability. I'd definitely repurchase.

It has a watermelony scent and a yogurt-like consistency - I believe yogurt is one of the ingredients so it's not vegan-friendly. My only gripe is with the packaging design - it comes in a wide-topped pot from which you scoop out the product with your fingers, and I'm not sure about the hygiene implications. Maybe there should be a bottle or pump version instead.