Vaseline Vaseline

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

I am officially a huge Vaseline fan. My skin has started getting red, dry, and terribly itchy with the weather getting cold. My lips are constantly chapped too. I had been using a mixture of either coffee grounds or brown sugar and olive oil in the shower to try to get some relief. It worked, but olive oil is a tad bit expensive and runs out quickly with me cooking with it AND bathing with it. Haha. Basically, I needed a cheaper alternative. I was browsing pinterest and someone posted a pin about all this awesome stuff you could do with Vaseline so I decided to try it. I was going to make a body scrub out of sea salt and Vaseline, but ran out of time. So towards the end of my shower I smeared a thin layer all over my body (minus my face) and when I got out I patted dry. I'll admit at first I felt a little greasy, but after a while it sank in. I have been doing this every day for the last few days and my skin has been feeling so smooth. I've started using it on my eyelashes at night too to see if what they say about it making your lashes grow is true. I'm also using it on my lips. It is definitely a beauty staple for me now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Use it as a night cream/moisturizer. Perfect for slathering at night and light application on cheeks under sunscreen. Good for light glow on cheeks as highlight everyday and heavy application for photo shoots. Can't live without it, use it for knees, elbows, ankles, lips, and eyes when I want that glossy look. Does not give me pimples, used it for years. Coming up with new uses everyday! Not good as makeup remover though, since the oil does not rise off, but good for very stubborn eye makeup sparingly. Very cheap, no need for expensive night creams for me, oh, also have sensitive skin (allergic to polyester for heavens sake, imagine!) yet no reaction to it..

I used this as a makeup remover for YEARS, and for years I broke out, tried everything, nothing worked.

I stopped using vaseline to remove makeup, and the breakouts are GONE. I only get the occasional pimple when I am PMS'ed now. Never imagined it was the eye makeup remover I was using.

Can't love without it! I literally use it for everything:
dry lips
makeup removing
soften my elbows/heels/cuticals
around my forhead and ears when I dye my hair
helped heal my tattoo
on my hands at night b/c i wash my hands/sanitize them about 50 times a day at work
if you fight it prevents pressure cuts (lol)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The vaseline inside is just vaseline, and can be used with everything, as every vaseline purchaser knows. I love the new packaging :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dry patches of skin, my chapped lips, hard cuticles, blah blah blah. Love it. Can't live w/o it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Awesome product!

I love vaseline, especially for my lips! It's just one of those products which really does work, but without having to spend a fortune on it. In the uk we have these little tins of vaseline and we also have tubs now (like the nivea ones). I really like the green tin of vaseline which is vaseline wirh aloe vera! It is really moisturizing, it's basically vaseline, but even better! We also have vaseline rosy lips (in a pink tin) which is also a great product which add a hint of pink, rosy colour, as the name suggests! I am going to be trying one of the new tube forms and I am either going to get the rosy lips or the aloe vera one!

a great product, so universal and cheap.
whats not to like?