September 1, 2014 | 984 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my lips every night before I go to sleep. I also like to put this on dry spots on my skin, especially when it is a little sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by alkmini28

I do not really think there are people who do not like vaseline. Personally, I use it as a night moisturizer (a few years ago, I would definitely consider this "beauty item" only useful for areas like feet and perhaps,lips but surely not for the face skin) )and the next day I always wake up with a glowing face...100% moisturized and free of pimples, scars and dark circles. it definitely does not clog pores -as people tend to believe- and it hydrates the face skin better than other -undoubtedly, more expensive- products. In the past,I used to regard cheap products like vaseline as hazardous and I avoided them. Like most of women, I used to spend a lots of money for cosmetics and I did it without hesitation. Thanks to a good friend of mine, however, who happens to be a dermatologist, I learned that you do not really need a fortune to have a decently healthy skin. Unfortunately, I learned this after several years of spending fortunes on cremes and lotions that simply did nothing. Anyway, it's never too late!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vaseline, my first true beauty treatment product. I use castor oil on brows, but for my lashes I use Vaseline, and I've been doing so since I was fourteen (which is over 40 years ago). My lashes are straight and long and they have always been full and furry -- EXCEPT for the 2-3 years when DD talked me into foregoing the use of this product because I'd become milia-prone.

I'm back to rubbing my lashes and tops of lids with a small bit of this stuff. To be honest, until I was about 47, all I used around the eye areas and mouth was good old Vaseline. I don't recommend this "beauty" routine, but gosh, they were the good old days. Then I started needing AHA's and glycolics for very mild (but persistent) acne and products to even out skintone. Happily I'm past that phase of life and I'm able at night to just moisturize (Nivea) and use, sparingly, Vaseline.

Other reviewers have stated the multiple other uses of this product (burns, abrasions, chapped skin, eye makeup remover, etc). I just wanted to weigh in on one of the oldest products around, and it's still good, at least for me it is.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Ilana123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Encouraged by all the positive reviews of Vaseline on this website, I tried it as a night cream last night. I normally keep it around the house just for hand/foot/lip moisturizer when my skin gets really dry. Last night I put it all over my face after cleansing, and it was completely absorbed by the time I woke up in the morning. The smoothness and softness of my skin in the morning was unbelieveable. I will still keep using Prevage for night cream and Dermalogica 15 SPF for day eye cream, but I definitely recommend Vaseline as a once/twice a week night cream for anyone who has dry skin in winter. The last time my skin glowed like this was after a salon facial.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My roomate thinks its creepy how i use this for everything: lips, heels, eyelids (and easy no-make-up sheen) and occasionally as eyemakeup remover. usually i try pretty hard to make her happy, but this is one habit i wont give up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a classic for a reason. Good for feet, face, lashes, elbows, makeup remover, and the list goes on. My favorite use if for the overdry skin one can get from acne meds. It helps with the flakes more than anything else I've tried. This is a makeup vanity staple and if you don't like it for one use you'll find a way to use it for something else (like making your own lip color). Dirt cheap, nothing to lose. Good Stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*** EDIT : I'm really disappointed since this doesn't heal my cracked lips as well as it used to. I does heal dry lips very well though. I now use something else at night, like Blistex Lip Medex or a Burt's Bees lip balm (apricot or pomagranate one). I have yet to find a lip balm that's quicky effective for very cracked lips.

---

I will use this until the day I die. This is so multi-purpose, I am not even kidding. Here's what I do with it:

1) Moisturize any really dry skin. Works really well for irritated skin after shaving, for dry elbows/knees during winter and for nasty dry patches on the face.
2) Slather a thin lawyer of it on eyelids and under the eyes before bed. It reduces puffyness and minimizes dark circles. It's the only eye cream I use. The morning after I do so, my mu goes on a lot smoother (eye primer isn't as drying, MAC Studio Finish concealer doesn't settle into fine lines as much and blends in the skin better).
3) Use as a lip balm. When your lips are totally torn apart because of bad weather, you can heal them within 2 days.
4) Put a generous ammount on nails and cutiles. It works even better than Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream and it's easier to apply, too. Makes nails shiny and healthy.

I've never used this as a mu remover but I did use it as a moisturizer/cleanser (?) on my face. It was way too greasy but it didn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Would I repurchase? HELL YEA!!! I didn't give the packaging a good rating because I hate it. I despise having to dig deep into the bottom to scrape it out but its alright. I have had such DRY winter skin lately and nothing seems to help (scrubs, moisturizers, lotions). Thank god I came onto here because after reading about this, I went and got a jar. I've been using this for a week and I am absolutely in love. My skins no longer dry and its actually glowing. I did see a few white heads come up but nothing too serious. Definitely try this out if your skins dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't care what anyone says. I can't live without this stuff. It's cheap as hell and gives me lovely soft lips.
Admittedly when it's super warm it's not so great. It melts really easily and when I'm out in weather over 36 degrees I use lip cream with spf in because it's no good at keeping my lips from getting sunburn. For people who live in cold Britain though it's absolutely great. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swear by this product as I am under a dermatologist's care for my dry skin. My doctor told me to rub vaseline on my dry areas immediately after showering to lock in the moisture. It has worked wonders for me!