August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Gardenia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by BasiaS

It may be called "Gardenia," but this is a different animal altogether. Sparkling where gardenias are usually creamy, this is a nice and fresh twist on the beautiful white flower. The vanilla notes create a certain velvety texture underneath that's truly lovely. I usually don't go for florals, but this is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 12:56:00 AM More reviews by BurberryLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm soo glad I got this before it was completely discontinued for 4 years. My favorite floral right now. Very feminine

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl907

This is the most beautiful fragrance. It has notes of tuberose and jasmine and is perfect for any occasion. Lasting power of the EDT is not very long, but I don't mind spraying this gorgeous scent throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is a real classic that just screams quality. It is very soft, feminine and creamy - never strident - and, in my opinion, appropriate to wear at any time. Although other notes are listed, on me Gardenia is really straight jasmine blended with vanilla. I cannot detect any orange blossom and only a little, slightly fruity-smelling, tuberose. The lasting power is average - about 3 hours on my skin - with the last hour being mainly vanilla. It is just a touch too sweet to be perfect for me, but still a beautiful fragrance. I find Penhaligon's Ellenisia to be a better variation on this theme!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by dlkwasek518

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this product - I can't get enough of it. The scent is wonderful. :) However, my bottle went "bad" in a matter of months. I am a little disturbed by this, as it is expensive and I have not used it all up. I wonder if this has happended to anyone else?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mk1030

I really liked this, the scent just didn't last past morning for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2005 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CareerLady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This perfume sparkles. It never becomes soft, warm, ambery -- no, it just sparkles like a sunlit pond on a summer's day. It is a high note sung by a soprano. It is white flowers, jasmine, and refreshingly clean and pure. I am talking about the parfum, I have never tried the EDP/EDT. I wear this when I need a song in my heart, a light touch, a happy day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cristaline

Chanel Gardenia is my favorite delicate white floral. So airy, it features the most delicately beautiful jasmine laced with fleeting orange blossom with a trace of tuberose. The end result is a composition of uncommon accessibility. Parfum is well-balanced and seamless while the EDT has an enhanced, aldehydic sparkle that never fails to lift my spirits and lighten my step. The EDT does not last long, but I don't mind refreshing. A beautifully feminine scent, it's perfect all year round for every occasion. I'm surprised this does not have the cult status of Fracas. Ah, but it does here on MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by JenRulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is described enough already so I'll just say, "Simply wonderful!" :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 1:26:00 AM More reviews by gumibear08

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I do not detect gardenia at all, this fragrance is a lovely one for jasmine fans. Without being overwhelmingly strong and "perfumey" as I find other Chanel scents to be, it is a bright, crisp, fresh scent that is perfect for spring. Like other Chanel scents, this lasted quite a long time on my skin and clothes.