Chanel Gardenia

on 5/29/2005 10:25:00 AM

It may be called "Gardenia," but this is a different animal altogether. Sparkling where gardenias are usually creamy, this is a nice and fresh twist on the beautiful white flower. The vanilla notes create a certain velvety texture underneath that's truly lovely. I usually don't go for florals, but this is beautiful.

on 5/14/2005 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm soo glad I got this before it was completely discontinued for 4 years. My favorite floral right now. Very feminine

on 5/10/2005 12:58:00 PM

This is the most beautiful fragrance. It has notes of tuberose and jasmine and is perfect for any occasion. Lasting power of the EDT is not very long, but I don't mind spraying this gorgeous scent throughout the day!

on 5/7/2005 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This fragrance is a real classic that just screams quality. It is very soft, feminine and creamy - never strident - and, in my opinion, appropriate to wear at any time. Although other notes are listed, on me Gardenia is really straight jasmine blended with vanilla. I cannot detect any orange blossom and only a little, slightly fruity-smelling, tuberose. The lasting power is average - about 3 hours on my skin - with the last hour being mainly vanilla. It is just a touch too sweet to be perfect for me, but still a beautiful fragrance. I find Penhaligon's Ellenisia to be a better variation on this theme!

on 5/1/2005 6:01:00 PM

I just love this product - I can't get enough of it. The scent is wonderful. :) However, my bottle went "bad" in a matter of months. I am a little disturbed by this, as it is expensive and I have not used it all up. I wonder if this has happended to anyone else?

on 4/21/2005 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this, the scent just didn't last past morning for me.

on 4/17/2005 9:54:00 PM

This perfume sparkles. It never becomes soft, warm, ambery -- no, it just sparkles like a sunlit pond on a summer's day. It is a high note sung by a soprano. It is white flowers, jasmine, and refreshingly clean and pure. I am talking about the parfum, I have never tried the EDP/EDT. I wear this when I need a song in my heart, a light touch, a happy day.

on 4/14/2005 10:26:00 PM

Chanel Gardenia is my favorite delicate white floral. So airy, it features the most delicately beautiful jasmine laced with fleeting orange blossom with a trace of tuberose. The end result is a composition of uncommon accessibility. Parfum is well-balanced and seamless while the EDT has an enhanced, aldehydic sparkle that never fails to lift my spirits and lighten my step. The EDT does not last long, but I don't mind refreshing. A beautifully feminine scent, it's perfect all year round for every occasion. I'm surprised this does not have the cult status of Fracas. Ah, but it does here on MUA.

on 3/25/2005 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is described enough already so I'll just say, "Simply wonderful!" :)

on 3/14/2005 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although I do not detect gardenia at all, this fragrance is a lovely one for jasmine fans. Without being overwhelmingly strong and "perfumey" as I find other Chanel scents to be, it is a bright, crisp, fresh scent that is perfect for spring. Like other Chanel scents, this lasted quite a long time on my skin and clothes.

Popular Fragrances