October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by emmacoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Lush product and I'm pretty impressed. I'm not usually a soap fan because I have sensitive skin that suffers from eczema but figs and leaves didn't upset my skin at all and the nicely rounded fig seeds made my skin feel smoother and softer. I like this products soft scent and find it lingers in the bathroom. My sales assistant gave me a jumbo catalogue of lush products and Iím deciding what to use next. I like the fact that Lush is an ethical company and because of their stance on the environment and animal testing Iím prepared to pay that bit extra for their products. Figs and leaves makes me happy and I can't wait to try more Lush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by aeresu

This is the first LUSH soap I have tried so not got anything to compare it to. The scent was okay, though to be honest I don't remember what it's like as it disappeared quickly. One bar has lasted about one month which is normal. I like how the little seeds are a bit like an exfloliator though towards the end, all I seemed to have was seeds so that was a bit of a waste. The soap lathered quite well and didn't leave my skin dry. It did make my water turn grey, which I found interesting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Thena

This was recommended to me as a moisturizing body soap. I love it. The scent was very strong and not exactly what I usually like when I first got it, but now it's duller and grown on me quite a bit. I am prone to dry, itchy skin in the cold seasons, but this has helped prevent that. The texture is great even though the fig leaves peels. It rinses quickly for me, and I live in a "soft water" area. I love using this soap, and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This soap has been a savior for me this winter. It doesn't strip moisture from my skin at all, and has a similar texture and feel as LUSH's body butters (except this lathers of course). I have even skipped lotion after use, which I never do. This is a very creamy soap w/ a soft smell that probably wouldn't offend even the most sensitive of noses. I prefer it without seeds, and luckily a store opened up in my area now (whoo-hoo!!!!) so I can hand pick the slice I want. If you have sensitive, dry skin like me-you have got to try this little wonder. I would say it is more gentle then Honey I Washed the Kids for sure, which is the one marketed for sensitive skin. I also thought I would mention, that these soaps melt faster due to all the natural butters/oils/ingredients, so I store mine in a soap dish away from the shower spray, and they last MUCH longer. I find that the scent softly lingers, more so than their other soaps, and I feel so baby soft and cuddly after use-I really cannot say enough about how much I love this! My other LUSH soap picks are Snowcake, and Honey I Washed the Kids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this soap! It has a really fun, bumpy texture and nice, light scent, good suds.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

oh, my favorite lush soap. soft, silky lather,gentle exfoliation, and smells like fall in vancouver. ahhhhhhh.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bobbyrsgirl

I love LUSH soaps in general and this is no exception. It's unique, soft, and has a delicate scent. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Left my skin feeling soapy, no matter how much I rinsed with water. Very annoying. But the boyfriend liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by cclayten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not crazy about the fig leaves wrapped around it, but man this soap is awesome and I still give it 5 lippies because the scent is heavenly. When they finally make a perfume of it I'll be right on top of it. The scrubby seeds are great!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by cecchetti5

I love the smell of this soap. I found that it was a little difficult to use with the all of the seeds. I think the soap is a little too exfoliating for me. I like that a few of LUSH soaps are SLS-free and will probably try another one next time.