LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

I love this product. I've been a loyal LUSH devotee for several years, and have recently joined the ranks as an employee, and I must say that in somewhat "expert" opinion of LUSH products, this is a winner, big-time. The scent, which is categorized as "floral", is lovely and subtle, not at all overpowering. The moisturizing properties are also superior, as all LUSH soaps contain more moisturizing properties than soap, so they're less drying than traditional soaps. I've noticed that when I use this soap, it leaves my skin much softer and better moisturized, and then when I try using Softsoap Aloe Vera on my hands, that tends to dry them out rather noticeably. As for body, this is my HG shower soap- light fragrance, excellent cleansing and superior skin moisturization. As with many LUSH products, you're paying a bit more than you would for drugstore product, but it truly is worth it. I'm also quite fond of the packaging, as with all LUSH products, because of the minimal impact it makes on the environment. A winner all-around.

First of all, I have to say that one of the main things I love about this soap is the fact that the smell is barely there and unoffensive to me....and for a Lush product thats an accomplishment! I find that so many of their products either have a very strong scent or an unpleasent scent (sometimes both) While I love scented things, I have a very picky sense of smell, so I've been turned off of some of the Lush soaps just based on smell (Rockstar for example)
Figs and Leaves is supposed to smell like "a garden of orange and ylang ylang" and I guess I can see that, but the peice I got is very subdued and only slightly floral and...well, kinda figgy. This may be because I picked this up during their after christmas sale, when they were getting rid of things that were made before december. I can't remember if this soap was one of the "old" products though.

I also love how gentle this soap seems. Its kind of hard to tell how moisturizing this is just by itself because I never use just this soap in the bath or shower (I use a billion other bath bombs, scrubs, lotions, etc) But...when I use it on just my hands it leaves them feeling softer while wet than with normal soaps. It does lather up really nicely though, once you work with it a bit.

This soap also has a kind of "expensive gourmet bath product" feel and look to it. (If gourmet is even the right word to use) The reason I say this is because there are huge chunks of what I think are figs. And it is indeed covered with a layer of thin dark leaves on top. Scattered throughout the soap are what appear to be seeds, though I cannot find seeds in the ingredient list, so they must come from the figs.
These seeds and the figs do give the soap quite an exfoliating quality to it, and some might not like that....I admit sometimes it can feel a bit rough on my skin.
But I will keep buying this soap for its extraordinary gentle cleansing feel to it, and the fact that the smell is so unoffensive. This is probably a great soap for the summer, when you want your skin to be moisturized but you don't want heavy lotions or creams. Also, the Aloe Vera in it will be great for burns.

It is a little pricey for a soap, but I think its worth it. And Lush is such an ethical and environmentally friendly company that I love giving them my business, even if I don't enjoy all of their products or prices.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this free at the Clean Sweep sale. The smell reminds me of one of the drugstore soaps I used long ago (Camay or Lux?) so the scent is nothing special to me, anyway. It has bits of seeds in it which make it slightly ex foliating. I have sensitive skin and it make it red and blotchy in spots. I will use it up, but will not repurchase.

i guess this is the best soap i tried from lush. it makes my skin so soft. the texture and color is weird (brown soap?!) but i guess it doesnt matter coz you'll get your money's worth with this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Smells great, but the fig seeds are too rough for me. I'm all for exfoliation, but this stuff just scrapes too hard!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is my first Lush product and I'm pretty impressed. I'm not usually a soap fan because I have sensitive skin that suffers from eczema but figs and leaves didn't upset my skin at all and the nicely rounded fig seeds made my skin feel smoother and softer. I like this products soft scent and find it lingers in the bathroom. My sales assistant gave me a jumbo catalogue of lush products and Iím deciding what to use next. I like the fact that Lush is an ethical company and because of their stance on the environment and animal testing Iím prepared to pay that bit extra for their products. Figs and leaves makes me happy and I can't wait to try more Lush.

This is the first LUSH soap I have tried so not got anything to compare it to. The scent was okay, though to be honest I don't remember what it's like as it disappeared quickly. One bar has lasted about one month which is normal. I like how the little seeds are a bit like an exfloliator though towards the end, all I seemed to have was seeds so that was a bit of a waste. The soap lathered quite well and didn't leave my skin dry. It did make my water turn grey, which I found interesting.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was recommended to me as a moisturizing body soap. I love it. The scent was very strong and not exactly what I usually like when I first got it, but now it's duller and grown on me quite a bit. I am prone to dry, itchy skin in the cold seasons, but this has helped prevent that. The texture is great even though the fig leaves peels. It rinses quickly for me, and I live in a "soft water" area. I love using this soap, and will definitely buy again.

This soap has been a savior for me this winter. It doesn't strip moisture from my skin at all, and has a similar texture and feel as LUSH's body butters (except this lathers of course). I have even skipped lotion after use, which I never do. This is a very creamy soap w/ a soft smell that probably wouldn't offend even the most sensitive of noses. I prefer it without seeds, and luckily a store opened up in my area now (whoo-hoo!!!!) so I can hand pick the slice I want. If you have sensitive, dry skin like me-you have got to try this little wonder. I would say it is more gentle then Honey I Washed the Kids for sure, which is the one marketed for sensitive skin. I also thought I would mention, that these soaps melt faster due to all the natural butters/oils/ingredients, so I store mine in a soap dish away from the shower spray, and they last MUCH longer. I find that the scent softly lingers, more so than their other soaps, and I feel so baby soft and cuddly after use-I really cannot say enough about how much I love this! My other LUSH soap picks are Snowcake, and Honey I Washed the Kids.

I adore this soap! It has a really fun, bumpy texture and nice, light scent, good suds.