April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Blush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely little pots of joy; beautiful packaging, matching the colour inside (except the oldest one, Cendre de rose brune). Many colours available, there should be something there for most people: check Jojoba's review for the fullest run-down on the whole wide web! Here's the full set c/o www.bourjois.fr (click "continued" for link to work).

The contents are domed, and baked. Hence minimal ingredients list. The mini mirror inside is useful, the fitted teeny brush is not. I haven't yet found a use for it, but put it in the tool box in case my BH can dream up some McGyverish scheme for it. As others have noted, this blush *is* hard and can be hard to pick up or seem dry. Scraping the top gently with a dry toothbrush helps (for me anyway), but it does need some work with a blusher brush: I managed to irritate and scratch my skin (hence down to a 4), and resorted to using (clean) finger-tips, which works well for the apple of the cheek.

The powders all carry the classic Bourjois scent: rose, vanilla, peach, violet flower, maybe some lily of the valley. Love it or hate it (I love it, and am highly allergic to many smells - but this scent is happily nostalgic for me).

I've recently been adventuring for the first time into the dark regions of blush. This is scary for a pale blue person (NW15 or N1 on a more colourful day) with freckles. Anything with more blue-violet in it brings out my natural blueness; so the more "pure" pinks came out a bit artificial-looking on me. Going the other way, anything with too much coral/rust comes out orange. Sigh. I spent many happy hours trying colours out on my arm and corner of jaw, consulted MUA Productville and the Boards (thanks Satinette and Georgiasweety!), and found some colours that are lovely on the fairest of the fair:

35 Lune d'or: the most delicate wash of peachy-pink, with lots of gold shimmer. Barely shows even on pale skin, so cannot be over-applied. Might also work on darker skins as a highlighter. This became my first ever daily blush - I love it, makes me look more alive with only the slightest hint of discernible colour. Works brilliantly with freckles.

33 Lilas d'or and 95 Rose de Jaspe were the next lightest: pale rose-pinks.

33 Lilas d'or was another of the golden-glitter family (hence "d'or"), slightly more of a mauve so with more pink-violet, and darker. It was hard to apply without verging on the garish - i.e. too strong for me.

95 Rose de Jaspe I prefer (and bought and wear): more of a dusky rose - so with a little more beige-brown in the mix; less golden sparkle; easy to apply a faint wash that just makes you look very slightly flushed. It's more peachy than the other paler Bourjois blushes, so works well on the pale blue of hue. Not a hundred miles from Nars Orgasm - Rose is, well, a touch more rose-pink.

34 Rose d'or was slightly darker, with more violet/lilac in it, very cool-toned. It's goldenly glittery again. Too strong and pink on me. A true pink, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

I tried others out on my arm, just for fun, but it was clear they'd be too pink/purple, or dark, or simply clownish on me. But this is to do with the combination of pale blue skin and freckles, tricky for colour matching! There are the most beautiful pinks; and rusty browns like Rose coup de foudre, Tomette, Brun poudré; some gorgeous shades that look like they could be used as bronzers too.

Some of the eye-shadows (lovely little pots of joy again) could be used as highlighters. More pearly than gilded, for the most part, they could work as whisper-light blushers that are even more delicate than Lune d'or:

Rose peau 15 is palest pink,

Rose perle 03 and Ambre nude 16 are light nude / beige / peaches,

and Beige rosé 08 is slightly deeper.

See www.bourjois.com for colours (click "continued" for links).

Costs a blissful EUR 10.00 ish in Europe; not tested on animals; no irritation on this otherwise rather irritable skin.

UPDATE (2008-06): I *have* had a slight irritation issue: this was due to a known irritant in another product (that I used anyway, stupid me), and this was one of the items I was using that didn't help. Stopping using it helped. Going back to it - skin broke out a bit on the cheeks. I'm keeping this for Special Occasions, but for everyday purposes, it's over to good solid reliable Clinique.
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I was contemplating buying the mousse blush from Maybelline, but bought this instead - another wonderful product from Bourjois! I have this in Rose D'or, and it is perfect for me. It is subtle and smells lovely. The brush that comes with it is okay, but I prefer to use a different brush that is bigger and easier to hold. I think it will last a long time, but I will definitely repurchase it if needs be. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jillaquino

I have been using this for quite a while. I noticed that my brush is picking up the shimmer but not the color. I scraped the top of the blush and the color magically appeared when i applied. It would have been better if there was no need for this to be done because it was just a waste of product. The colors are great and even if I have to scrape some all over again I think it would still be worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by anjalisharma

okay so here we go. i've been wanting to buy this blush n to try bourjois products for some time now. so the blush. it's quite nice,but u gotta apply it correctly. its not heavily pigmented,looks like a nice flush,the packaging is cute,the brush is useless and the quantity is less.it's difficult for the brush (any brush) to pick up color easily,so you have to work on it n it takes time.but still,the color is sweet,the quality and price quite reasonable.but i dunno if i will b repurchasing tho. will update.n oh yeah i don mind the scent.right now m happy with the product,but like i said,i think it makes for careful application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by prettiesnow

I simply adore this blusher. I was browsing through the shelves one day for a blusher for my dinner and dance and I chanced upon this. The lady recommended me this as she said it comes with shimmers and the colors are quite subtle too. I really love the color and the shimmers, it made me look so sweet and the shimmers illuminated my cheeks, making it glow during the night, and I could see it in the photos. Many of my friends and family has commented on the prettiness of this blusher when I wear it. It comes in a cute pot, I don't use the brush that comes with it though, at a decent price too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Dannisav88

The blush is great. It has a very sweet smell to it, sort of flowery and looks great when applied. It gave my cheeks a very natural glow and was very versatile and easy to blend. My only problem was the small brush which came with it. It was too small and thin for my liking, so i had to buy a bigger more thicker brush, but apart from the brush the blush is most certainly my favorite. Bourjois also offers a massive range of different shades to suit everyone.
Highly recommended as the best blush out there.
:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kribil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is a grate blush with a shimmer (if you like that) and it is very similar to Chanel’s blushes. It is easy to get a natural look, but it builds up for a dramatic, evening look also.
But the container brakes very fast and I do not even keep my makeup in my bag with me, but on my dressing table, so the package is impressingly bad!
I am not pleased with the amount of different colors; especially I would like to have more rosy, pink and peach tones – really natural and delicate ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing powder blushes! Smell amazing too and such pretty colours!! Highly recommend!!

Tip. Apply with a slanted blushing brush for best application!! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

Just bought this in Rose Frisson which is a satin pink. Very pretty when applied with a light hand. However, this smells like great-grandma perfume. I don't know how other reviewers are finding it yummy. (Hence, one lippe off). But the smell doesn't stick onto my face. Also the brush completely useless. But overall, I am satisfied with this, and will purchase more colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2007 7:19:00 AM More reviews by beckibabe

Yesterday I received my first 3 Bourjois Blushes in Lune Dór, Rose D'or and Lilas Dór. I am very happy with them, they are very pigmented (but not OTT on the skin) and shimmery just how I like them continued >>