December 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder greatly minimizes fine lines under/around my eyes and does give me more of an awake, youthful look. More polished too! I am so happy with the results of this eye brightening powder. For reference, I am combination/oily, and am ppp skintone (NC15). I bought shade #1.

I used to lightly pat on a high coverage powder mineral foundation over concealer in an effort to hide my dark reddish purple under eyes. While that did work in covering, it would look dry and really emphasized fine lines -actually aging my eyes.

With application, I recommend exposing only one or two holes at most, only partially peeling back the covering. Just a bare amount is needed! (Be careful not to inhale.) Take a fluffy brush and catch the powder film left on the lid, tap excess off the brush, and gently/barely pat on over concealer. For best results, don't drag, just lightly and evenly pat on.

I don't mind the packaging being I can control what comes out. Being it takes a barely there amount to brighten, I imagine I will not have to repurchase for years. And it definitely delivers! Just for the fact that it minimizes fine lines I would repurchase. That being so, the price is not bad. I recommend!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice setting powder that adds a bit of brightness to the complexion. My only complaint is the size of the container- it is too small for the very finely textured powder, which tends to go all over the place when opened. Also, don't breathe in while applying- when inhaled it is quite painful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of those instant HG items for me.

For years I've set my undereye concealer with translucent loose and pressed powders hoping to make it last longer since I'm an eye rubber and they never last on me. Powdering my undereye always made them look dry and cakey as well, so I picked this up since it seemed to specifically suit my needs.

It works amazingly well (at least over Lancome Effacernes). I have a small crease under my right eye that I'm self conscious about (at 22!) and after I pat this on over it, it magically disappears. Or at least makes it barely noticeable. The powder is incredibly fine-milled so it doesn't make my thin undereye skin look dry, nor is it sparkly, in my experience. It also makes Effacernes last significantly longer and also prevents my mascara from smearing under my eyes.

A fluffy brush is recommended to apply this but I didn't want to buy another brush and wanted to use something I already had. I use a larger, flat brush with natural hairs from Inglot (28PO) that I got a while ago that ended up being too big to use for my eye area. It works perfectly! I pat it on over my concealer, and it gives a bit of a brightening effect, too, without being OTT. This is not meant to be used as a concealer by itself--it's supposed to supplement and set it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WHOA. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I find this powder very sparkly on me. I'm only using just a slight film from the lid and it still looks like I have eyeshadow fallout under my eyes. I have tried this with 3 diff brushes at this point and nothing works. Perhaps it is just showing up very shimmery on my complexion? Don't know, but I really wish I can get this to work because I have bad undereye darkness. If I can't figure it out, I'll be returning it unfortunately.

EDIT 7/6/11: Thank goodness I kept at it and now this works for me! And I don't know why it works now and didn't before because I didn't change brush, technique or amount but it does look beautiful. I now feel like I can't live without this for work. It sets my concealer perfectly and I get about 10 hours wear. Changing from 2 to 4 stars. Will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by NettabooNOLA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly a year and I love it. I use it to set under my eyes, around my mouth, and the side of my nose. I'm dark skinned (NARS Shee glow Cadiz), so I purchased #2 and it just a lil more color that #1. It prevents creasing in the areas that I appy it and provides a natural highlight to my under eye area. If you appy too much it can photograph with a white cast, but I never have that issue if I appy a small amount. I use a fluffy eye brush to apply it and works perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Misha40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous reviewers: it's a great eye brightener, luminizing without too much sparkle and shimmer, sets concealer well, and lasts all day. It is well worth the price because there is so much product. I have been using it every day for 6 months and still have 2/3 of a jar left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Be careful when taking off the tab that is over the sifter holes when you first get it, I tugged it off to hard and white powder flew onto on top of my vanity...I didn't want to scoop it up and put it back in the pot...wasted. Anyhow, I got this info off the L.M. site; Pick up product with the Camouflage Powder Brush and pat powder onto area of application - don't drag. I do not own the brush but I use my Chanel #11 brush and pat it on. I pat it on one eye then look at my other eye and I can tell a difference, I also can tell when I forget to set my concealer with this as my mascara will transfer to my undereye. It is a subtle brightener not sparkly, I will repurchase. It retails for $22 for 0.14 oz./4g.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beneficial product for subtle under eye brightening. It effectively sets concealer in the under eye area, helping to prevent creasing and fading. I dab on a tiny amount, using a fluffy eye shadow brush. I quickly learned that a little of this product goes a long way. If you apply too much, It will make the under eye area look dry and creased. I suffer from hereditary dark circles, which are difficult to conceal. This product, used in conjunction with eye make up primer and a good concealer gives my eye area a lift. The brightening effect from this product appears to be most noticeable in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. When applied lightly under the eyes over concealer it prevents creasing and subtly but effectively brightens the whole undereye area. I use my MAC 225 brush or the EDM Eye Kabuki, swirl around in the residue of the lid and buff gently around the eye. It gives a beautifully fresh effect.

The packaging isn't great, once you peel the sticker back a bit the powder just spills out into the lid. I would recommend NOT removing the sticker, just peel it back the tinest bit and believe me, enough product will come out for you to use. You won't actually have to tip any powder out, whatever collects in the lid as a fine layer is more than enough. You just need a very tiny amount around your eye, this definitely does not need patted on.

Fairly expensive but totally worth it as I can't see me running out of this for at least a couple of years, even with daily use. Worth investing in, it makes a real difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Background: Skintone ranges from NW20-NC25. I match Armani Luminous Silk #5, Armani Lasting Silk #5.5, KA SSE #6.
I CANNOT believe I haven't yet reviewed this product. Ive been using it for years to set my undereye concealer (YSL touche eclat). The touche eclat looks pretty ordinary alone, but once paired with this, WOW.

I dont really have circles under my eyes but this duo helps diffuse any shadows and makes me look less tired.

It never looks powdery, and i also find that it stops eyemakeup/ mascara migrating to the area around my eyes. I apply with a stila 109 (similar to a mac 224) brush and this works perfectly. Ive been on the same pot of this powder for years, a little goes a LONG way.

I dont know how i found this, but HG status for sure! One of those 'couldnt live without' products.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No