April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush sat in my never use drawer for a very long time, and I am so mad at myself! When used with a light hand (I use a 188 brush) it is a gorgeous cheek color. It's great for winter with a brown or gold look on the lids. Love. Would be interested in trying more WnW blushes. Packaging is a little cheap. Lid broke off with not much effort. But that is only downside.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Nymph913

I love this product for the price. Colour payoff is great; its highly pigmented and you need a lighter hand for this colour if you are fair or fair-medium. I have light asian skin and all i need is the LIGHTEST touch. It's also very buildable for the summer, when you tan and want the shade to show up more. On me, I almost looks like bronzer, but a very subtle, muted, pinkish one.

I love that this blush is matte, since i hate any face products with shimmer (it looks sorta tacky to me). The only thing I don't like is the packaging, which is a light plastic-aluminum kinda of thing, with loose hinges and a tiny mirror. Also, this product can get messy.

I would only buy it again if I can't find anything else as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by juicyluvr75

i love this blush. the packaging SUCKS. i left this in my backpack for one day, and it crackes all over.
i hate that! same thing with my heather silk blush. wet n wild needs to update the packaging...
but overall, it's beautiful. matte, pretty, pigmented..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I purchased this during a BOGO sale not expecting much. I used to wear Wet N'Wild in HS and other than the occasional liner stay away from this drugstore line. But I was in there buyig the Sandcastle eyeshadow palette that was reccomended so I decided to try this too and ended up unexpectedly, in LOVE!

I am an NC44/45; latina with very warm caramel yellow undertones so I normally stick to corals and bronzey shades for blush. But I wanted something pink when I do other cooler licks and this works beautifully! Shows up matte on my skin which is nice (I usually use NARS blushes but they are mostly shimmers) and a lovely natural flush color. Its a favorite with many of my looks but especially with my green and gold eyes or bronzey eyes.

The only con is the poor quality of the packaging,; very flimsy. I wish they would upgrade that. I never carry it with me for fear it will break. Its s cheap I could easily replace it, but dont want the hassle of cleaning up spilled makeup.

Mellow wine has reat pigmentation-even on my skin I usually use one tap of the blush for each cheek. Builds up quickly and easily. I would definetly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by CLEOJLW

I have recently become addicted to blushes! I have about 20 total. I must say that I am in love with this blush. I am an African American with caramel skin tone and I honestly did not know what to expect from this product. Oh how I love this blush!! I gives me a hint of pinkish rose tone that totally complements by skin. It is subtle yet, very beautiful. What makes this product even better is that I got it for only $1.49 on sale at my CVS. I love all my blushes from MAC, Black Radiance, Milani, and so many more but, this is definitely a favorite.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by coralie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with other posters that the best way to describe this colour is dusty rose. It is nice and natural looking on me since it is quite similar to the colour I get when I am naturally flushed. You can see a slight shimmer in the pan, but it shows up as matte on the face. It is very pigmented and lasts well. Great quality for a very low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet 'n' Wild has impressed me with the quality of their blushes. This looked like a deeper pink with hints of red in it, so I thought I'd try it on (I'd just returned from vacationing and was confident with my tan). Let me just say - this is pigmented blush. And better yet, it doesn't fade. It lasted throughout a work day comfortably, so no complaints here. As my tan fades, however, I'll probably settle for a lighter color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Lunesse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this up from Duane Reade yesterday and though it isn't the first WnW product I've ever purchased, it's the first time I've tried their blush. And I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the quality. First off, it lasted from afternoon to when I took it off at night without touch ups. It was very easy to blend, and as a previous reviewer mentioned, did not really require "building up" as I found that it picked up an adequate amount of product even with a single swipe of my blush brush. The color makes for a lovely glow (fair skinned Asian here), and is also excellent for contouring. The only negative thing I can say about this product is the packaging. It comes in a flimsy silver plastic compact with a tiny mirror and a relatively useless brush. Given the price though, it didn't matter to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only con is the poor quality of their packaging, which seems like it would break if I took it around with me in a purse. The blush, however, is another story -- I've tried blushes from nearly every brand available at Walgreen's, and no other pressed blush beats the Wet 'n' Wild blushes for quality in terms of pigmentation, silkiness, and ease of application. I love that the pan is a big rectangle and it's so easy to get the amount of color I want (ONE light tap of pan, tap off excess, blend on one cheek, ONE light tap of pan, tap off excess, blend on other cheek). This is not for you if you like to see the color build one very slow layer at a time (::cough:: Jane blushes ::cough::).

Mellow wine is a really pretty dark pinky mauve with the most subtle shimmer I've ever seen in a non-matte blush. Remember, lightly tap ONCE, tap the excess powder off the brush, and then blend onto cheek. All WnW blushes & bronzzers, except for their silly nonpigmented "contour" blushes, are HG status for me.

ETA: Um... after a month or so of daily use, I started breaking out along the tops of my cheeks and the apples of my cheeks, suspiciously exactly where I put this blush... I stopped using it for a bit, the acne cleared up, and I am in utter shock that such a wonderful product is now off limits >_<

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I remembered reading some reasonable reviews for this product and FINALLY found a walmart that carried it (appearently not all of them carry wet & wild products). What makes me give this stuff 5 lippies? WELL it stays on the entire day - 7am untill the wee hours of nightlife. Let me tell you, nothing stays on me well. I'm one of those people who constantly touches my face. I was so impressed i went back and bought it in every shade and also bought all their blushes (why not? They're only about 2 bucks!) Don't take me for an inexperienced makeup fan - i've worn makeup since the 3rd grade and am now well into my mid 20s. I've also tried every brand under the sun from Guerlin, to Mac, to Clinique to Covergirl - you guess it, i've probably tried it and Wet&Wilds bronzzers/blushes give you the *biggest and best bang for your buck* enjoy!! (PS. the brush it comes with is trash LOL and the mirrors sometime fall out - product itself is priceless, gotta love that staying power)