December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by peachmow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not picky on the packaging quality, it's not expensive and it does a good job.
My hair is currently a faded brown (yes, coloured) and I'm planning on dying my hair back to blonde. I've used this kit before to dye my whole head back to blonde (which is my original colour). I used ALL the wholes on the cap. I put it on and in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES, my hair was already a bright white. There was no yellow, and I didn't even use a plastic bag to cover my head with. I left it on for 30 minutes just in case.. but seriously! I washed it out and my hair was blonde and bleached! Wow! I actually wanted a honey blonde, but that's ohk. I went out to the store and bought Revlon's Colorsilk blonde colour and it was a beautiful blonde! This really does the trick, for highlighting and for the whole head (w/cap). Definitely buying this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. iv been using it since I was 14/15...im 22 now. When I got older I started going to a salon to get my hair done, but over time it got to expensive, so I decided I'd do it myself like I use to. My hair is layered, the top crown has heavy blonde highlight and the bottom is dark brown. I use this product to re highlight my hair, I use the honey highlight for dark brown hair since my natural hair is medium brownish, I leave it on for a 1hr everytime I use it. that's just what works for me though....and it came out great. I don't like the shampoo and conditioner though, id recommend using a purple toner shampoo if your using this or have highlight or blonde hair in general, it will help keep the highlights up and remove any brassy/orange/yellow tones in your hair I use Clairol shimmer lights, a few times a week, you get it at sally's...overall I like and recommend this product iv never had a bad experience with it

I GET MINE AT WALMART EVERYTIME, ITS WAY CHEAPER THERE THEN AT WALGREENS AND CVS

PICTURE -----> http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/JessicaRabbit90/?action=view¤t=ddsfsd2.jpg

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by joeyla79

This was my first time highlighting my hair at home. I was very nervous, but it turned out better than I could have hoped for! I have shoulder length light brown hair that had salon highlights about four months ago. It was clear that it was time for a touch up. I used 'honey highlights for medium to dark brown hair'. I didn't find the hair pulling through the cap to be as terrible as many reviews said. It did take about an hour to do 2/3 of my head, but it wasn't too bad. Thankfully I was watching my hair closely, because it was bright blonde in 25 minutes! It actually turned out a little lighter than I had planned, but I like it. Only complaint is that I couldn't get the color as close to my scalp as it would have been at the salon... but for $7 I really don't care!

Do be careful how thick you pull the hair through. I did end up with a large blonde streak near my face. My hair isn't dried out the way many reviews mentioned. Maybe it will be after another wash, but tonight it feels great. I will definitely be using this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING! I've been too chicken to colour my hair at home since I was sixteen, but I read the reviews on this product and I didn't see anything negative or anything to worry about. My hair is a light brown colour and I was getting bored of it.

The instructions are very clear, and there are only two items that you need to mix together. One is a blue powder and the other is a bottle of a type of cream (sorry forget what it's called). Mix together until the entire product mixes properly, and apply to your hair after you have pulled the hair strands through the cap.

The results are amazing. I was kind of worried that it would work out, but I love it so much that I will definitely be buying in bulk. If they discontinue this product, I will be sooo sad! :( :P

My hair is my natural brown underneath with chunks of blonde (I wanted more of a chunk look than thin highlights) and it looks great. Not brassy at all!

I should also point out that this product is really for people with a medium/light brown hair. If your hair is super dark (chesnut brown or black) then please don't use it if you are looking for a blonde effect. It won't work. A friend of mine tried it and she has amazing dark brown/blackish hair, and it turned orange. So if you want blonde, get it done professionally. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by miisorollinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay so I read the reviews and I thought I would dye my dye blondeish for senior pictures. I know this is a highlighting kit, but I used it as a bleach kit and bleached some parts of my hair. YEAH WHAT THE FLIP WAS I THINKING? Ugh I'll be honest I was hoping for better results. The kit gave me two different results, my roots/ regrowth became a nice light honey blonde/brown which is what I wanted. However everything else was red/orange/dark brown... I rebleached again and it turned the roots blonder and the rest of it became strawberry blonde -.- overall I think this product would work nicely on natural hair.. but if you dyed it black like me, you're going to get an ugly hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BeeReed

I bought this product as a way to OMBRE my hair, instead of highlight, and it has worked perfectly every time that I have used it. I originally used this when my hair was long, which is common for ombre-ed hair, so I was skeptical of how it would turn out after I cut 13 inches off and wanted to lighten it while it was short, but it turned out GREAT!! :) This is an easy, low-mess way to ombre as opposed to using straight bleach with water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this it was a great way to slowly lighten my hair without damaging it too much. I used the "honey' kit. I have thick dark hair and nothing blonde ever works out with it. But suprisingly the highlights came out very blonde and I used a blow dryer while I had it on to make the bleach work faster and better. Its so easy to do,too. I did it by myself in around 25 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by JennaJ1

This is my second time. Turned out better than before. I read the advise here and left it on almost 60 min. the first time. I ended up with ash, almost white highlights in my dark brown hair. Didn't look all that bad just a bit too, too. So I ran out a bought John Frieda's Glaze for brown hair and toned down to go out in public. That worked.

This time I only did 25 min or so. Beautiful golden, dark honey, highlights. My hair is shoulder length and layered. Pulling through and removing the cap is not painful in the least. I save the little plastic hooks in case one breaks. Now I have two.

Since I'm an independent cuss, I do it all myself. First time pulling the hair through took me hours, maybe 4? This time maybe 2? My problem is not being able to find a picture of what hair looks like after pulling through the cap and the results after. I did face framing and crown. Left the back alone.

Turned out great. So worth it! paying $67.00 and UP $$ for salon highlights? No.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair was already lightly highlighted for a salon, so I figured I would try this to add a few more highlights. My hair is pretty strong and normally resistant to bleach so I thought this would work well. Boy, was I wrong! After being on for 20 minutes it lifted my hair to almost white while still have a red brassy through the middle, and even though it didn't lift completely it turned my hair gummy! This is some strong stuff. Having this on for 20 minutes did more damage than having salon bleach on for 40 under a dryer! This highlights still need toned obivously due to the reddish orange pieces, but I'm afraid to put anything else on my head. Slept last night with a protien treatment on my hair and it helped it bit but its still breaking in some pieces. I can't believe this broke my hair off considering how resistant my hair is! I had bleach break my hair off one other time and that was after bleaching my whole head 3 times with 40 volume developer in one day! I would proceed with caution when using this, probably not a good idea on hair that was bleached or colored within the last few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Titan2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: June 22_ I have used this product twice since this last post. LOVE THE RESULTS still. I am now a blonde and loving it. There are lots of variations of blonde in my hair from dark blonde, honey, golden, and light with some coppery strands which look great. CON: It is difficult to up keep the roots if you to do this by yourself. I redo my roots in the more visible parts of my hair more often then the rest (hair line and crown). I will definitely keep using this product until I no longer feel like having blonde hair. This process is drying to the hair, but good conditioners goes a long way. Usually within a couple of days of good conditioning my is back to healthy, soft and manageable (washing my hair every 2 to 3 days only). Also buy a good heat protecting spray if you use heat to style your hair lots.

Old Post: I had spent a great deal of money going to a salon to get my hair colored and highlighted. I wanted to have a lighter base color then before and more highlights since summer was coming. Well not what I got at all. Dark Coffee Brown, with caramel highlights is what I ended up with. I wasn't going back. I have been dying and highlighting my hair by myself for years when I was younger and should have just trusted myself to do it again.
So I have been buying the Revlon Highlighting kit for dark brown hair and putting in highlights through out my whole head every two weeks with lots of conditioning in between. Thankfully the dark coffee brown, which didn't suit my skin tone at all, is slowly disappearing and a range of light browns, honey blondes, and light blonde is left behind. There is some coppery highlights also, but they look good and are well blended. I will keep using this product until I achieve the hair color desired.