September 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word: Incredible. An adjective that I've never associated with a Shampoo before. I had no idea how much I needed this shampoo, until I tried it. I've been having some strange problems with my scalp and hair, as of late. I break-out all over my scalp & forehead, my scalp feels dry and itchy, and my hair is so lifeless and weighed down.

After one use, my hair looked incredibly shiny, soft, and full. My hair also felt squeaky clean, but not stripped or dry. My scalp will need time to recover, but I hope bringing this shampoo into my rotation will help.

I think a majority of my issue was my old shampoo and after treatment. I was using Lanza Shampoo for a long time and started using Argon oil for an after treatment, after I received a free bottle from Folica.

Hopefully my discontinued use of those products, this shampoo, & Kerastase Biotic Bain Bio-Recharge for Dry Hair will help bring back my pretty-healthy hair.

Thanks to all the ladies that took the time to suggest this very affordable and helpful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always avoided clarifying shampoos because i have fine poffy curly frizzy hair thats i wear straight and smooth BUT this is the HG clarifying shampoo, i have never found anotherclarifying shampoo that has cetral alcohol(a moisturizing ingridient found it millions of condiotioners) in it which is alot better than other ones ive tryed, i use pureology smooth shampoo and conditioner (joico intense hydrator as my deep conditioner after i clarify) and is makes my hair smooth and silky and really loosens my curls up to 80% its very amazing and does weigh my hair down and contains ZERO silicones in the smooth conditioner. hands down I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO i use it once a week for a very effective clean

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by PookieT

Love this. had been using PM but made the switch and it's really agreeing with my hair. I have really hard water that leaves my hair feeling gross and unclean. This stuff really makes my hair feel clean without leaving it dry. Glad I got the liter!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by suzieq315

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

great product, use whenever my hair gets grungy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many thanks to all the MUAers who took the time to review this product! I recently moved back to the Phoenix, AZ area, and was beginning to develop "desert hair"--grungy due to the extremely hard water, and dry due to the sun and lack of humidity. Add color (my hair is lowlighted), heat styling, and styling products, and you've walking around with a mess on your head. I'd been using MOP Basil Mint shampoo as my weekly clarifier for years, but now it's not doing the job, so I picked up the Hair Cleansing Cream. I love it! The texture is creamy and wonderful, the scent is light, and my hair felt totally different after the first use--much softer and absolutely clean, right to the scalp. The price is reasonable since I will probably only use it weekly. Big rave from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great shampoo I use about 1-2 times a week. I have color treated hair and it really helps clear out all the product build up on your scalp. It smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Redken Hair Cleansing Cream ( 10.1 fl oz/ 300 ml and $13 to $16 usd) is a shampoo to be 1-2 times a week to clean hairs from styling products, shower tap water and dandruff and flakes. This is more of a treatment because it is intense and works very well on any hair problems. I use Cleansing Cream 1x a week to keep my hair from dandruff build up by hairspray and minerals from tap water. It really does maintain my hair healthy and shinny and I do not experience any more scalp itchiness and flakes after using this product. It comes in a citrus fresh scent similar to lemon and lemon grass which smells very fresh and clean. After the raising, my hair will feel SQUEAKY clean and fresh, meaning that it works. After using Redken Cleansing Cream for about 1 1/2 year, my long hair have never been more shinier and healthier. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a hair cleansing product to keep dandruff and build ups away.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by pathetique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great clarifying shampoo! It smells awesome and I look forward to using it every week (I use it once a week). Smells like oranges. I recommend using a good moisturizing conditioner after, I use it with the all soft conditioner. It restores my hair and adds a little volume.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Awesome product. I have an interesting story behind how I tested the true effectiveness of this product. A few weeks ago, I put almond oil in my hair from my scalp (big mistake) to my ends, because I heard it's good for your hair. It was fine except that the oil on my scalp did NOT go anywhere after I washed my hair. There was a huge patch of product left on my hair close to my scalp and I could feel how much buildup there was whenever I touched it! I was so grossed out and I kept shampooing my hair with my regular Redken Smooth Down, and I particularly scrubbed and scrubbed that area for DAYS and DAYS (maybe even weeks?) and IT STILL DIDNT GO ANYWHERE!! the almond oil would not wash out of my hair no matter how much I shampooed and scrubbed it with my other shampoo. I knew about this product so I decided to buy it and see if it would work becausemy hair needed some intense shampoo to get the almond oil out.

I used this ONCE and my hair has never felt cleaner. Every trace of buildup feels completely gone. No more oil on my scalp or my hair!! In fact, when i used this, my hair felt so much "lighter" after, as though there was a ton of product weighing it down that was jjust rinsed off with this shampoo. It also smells nice (citrus like) and definitely worth the price ($13-15). LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo as I need something that will clean my oily hair really well. It is a pretty good shampoo and left my hair less oily the next day than other shampoos do. As seems to happen to me though, my hair gets used to shampoos and after a while they aren't as effective at cleaning the grease from my hair and leave it sticky even 12 hours or so after washing it. I would definitely go back to this shampoo though and try it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive here though.