April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many thanks to all the MUAers who took the time to review this product! I recently moved back to the Phoenix, AZ area, and was beginning to develop "desert hair"--grungy due to the extremely hard water, and dry due to the sun and lack of humidity. Add color (my hair is lowlighted), heat styling, and styling products, and you've walking around with a mess on your head. I'd been using MOP Basil Mint shampoo as my weekly clarifier for years, but now it's not doing the job, so I picked up the Hair Cleansing Cream. I love it! The texture is creamy and wonderful, the scent is light, and my hair felt totally different after the first use--much softer and absolutely clean, right to the scalp. The price is reasonable since I will probably only use it weekly. Big rave from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great shampoo I use about 1-2 times a week. I have color treated hair and it really helps clear out all the product build up on your scalp. It smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Redken Hair Cleansing Cream ( 10.1 fl oz/ 300 ml and $13 to $16 usd) is a shampoo to be 1-2 times a week to clean hairs from styling products, shower tap water and dandruff and flakes. This is more of a treatment because it is intense and works very well on any hair problems. I use Cleansing Cream 1x a week to keep my hair from dandruff build up by hairspray and minerals from tap water. It really does maintain my hair healthy and shinny and I do not experience any more scalp itchiness and flakes after using this product. It comes in a citrus fresh scent similar to lemon and lemon grass which smells very fresh and clean. After the raising, my hair will feel SQUEAKY clean and fresh, meaning that it works. After using Redken Cleansing Cream for about 1 1/2 year, my long hair have never been more shinier and healthier. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a hair cleansing product to keep dandruff and build ups away.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by pathetique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great clarifying shampoo! It smells awesome and I look forward to using it every week (I use it once a week). Smells like oranges. I recommend using a good moisturizing conditioner after, I use it with the all soft conditioner. It restores my hair and adds a little volume.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Awesome product. I have an interesting story behind how I tested the true effectiveness of this product. A few weeks ago, I put almond oil in my hair from my scalp (big mistake) to my ends, because I heard it's good for your hair. It was fine except that the oil on my scalp did NOT go anywhere after I washed my hair. There was a huge patch of product left on my hair close to my scalp and I could feel how much buildup there was whenever I touched it! I was so grossed out and I kept shampooing my hair with my regular Redken Smooth Down, and I particularly scrubbed and scrubbed that area for DAYS and DAYS (maybe even weeks?) and IT STILL DIDNT GO ANYWHERE!! the almond oil would not wash out of my hair no matter how much I shampooed and scrubbed it with my other shampoo. I knew about this product so I decided to buy it and see if it would work becausemy hair needed some intense shampoo to get the almond oil out.

I used this ONCE and my hair has never felt cleaner. Every trace of buildup feels completely gone. No more oil on my scalp or my hair!! In fact, when i used this, my hair felt so much "lighter" after, as though there was a ton of product weighing it down that was jjust rinsed off with this shampoo. It also smells nice (citrus like) and definitely worth the price ($13-15). LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo as I need something that will clean my oily hair really well. It is a pretty good shampoo and left my hair less oily the next day than other shampoos do. As seems to happen to me though, my hair gets used to shampoos and after a while they aren't as effective at cleaning the grease from my hair and leave it sticky even 12 hours or so after washing it. I would definitely go back to this shampoo though and try it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive here though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

leaves your hair squeaky clean. delivers as promised. you NEED to use a shampoo and conditioner after using this though. And only use when needed. Also just because you dont use extra hair products doesnt mean you dont need a clarifying shampoo. Shampoos and conditions also leave residue in your hair.

A good dupe is the neutrogena clarifying shampoo.. much cheaper but not as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by meowow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very good cleansing shampoo, it does everything its meant to

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kcsunshine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome product. As someone with dry, wavy/curly hair, I always avoided clarifying because I was afraid that it would do more harm than good. That was a serious mistake b/c I think that by NOT clarifying, the products that I was using weren't doing their job. For reference, the last time I clarified my hair was probably a decade ago (maybe more).
After my hair gradually got worse and worse looking, I tried to figure out why the head of hair I consistently got compliments on looked parched, stringy and dull. I chalked it up to aging and the demi-permanent hair color I started using to attempt to soften grays. It never even occurred to me that I should clarify. Out of desperation, I turned to this and I can't believe the difference. My hair looks and feels completely different after only ONE application.
I did get a little freaked out after rinsing it out because my hair SQUEAKED clean, yes I really did hear it squeak! However, after I applied my usual Pureology Hydrate conditioner, my hair began to feel silky. I plan to use this 1x/month and I think that you should too.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most gentle clarifying shampoo I've ever used, hands down! I use hair styling products daily (mousse, shine serum, and heat protectant) and this clears the residue these leave behind quite efficiently, leaving my hair super shiny and not overly dry like most can. Another plus is that this shampoo has a nice citrus scent. I plan on buying this again.