Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 11/17/2014 10:09:00 PM

HG cleanser. Purity is gentle, removes makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. It doesn't strip my skin and it doesn't make it oily either. It can also be used to wash out makeup brushes and it gets all of the foundation out of the brush, which is no easy feat. The smell is off putting and could bother some sensitive noses, but it doesnt bother me. It smells slighly like a chemically sort of citrus smell. I love this stuff and can't do without it.

on 11/12/2014 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First, let me explain my skin type. I have clear skin most if the time, with only the occasional breakout. My skin tends to get more dry in the winter but its pretty "normal" the rest of the year. I wanted a simple but effective cleanser to use daily. I splurged on this cleanser for my birthday, and have been using it consistently now for about 6 months. What I can say is that this cleanser does its job and is pretty effective at also removing makeup when I'm in a hurry (usually I will use MAC cleanse off oil first). It has a very light scent that dissipates quickly and if you use a good amount, it will suds up just enough. I enjoy it because its not anything fancy; no bursting beads, no exfoliation, no super moisturizing cream, etc. Just a plain, liquid facial soap. I will probably keep purchasing this cleanser.

EDIT 7/9/15
I have since repurchased a giant bottle of this cleanser. I am still it enjoying very much. It is pricey for a cleanser, but I got a bottle on sale for $10 on black Friday that has lasted me this far, and I still have almost half left!

on 11/12/2014 12:44:00 AM

I have sensitive , really acne prone skin and I
Awhile ago I went on a trip for a months time and this was the only face wash I'd brought with me because I had the trial size version . I'd never used it before then and at the time I had a really bad breakout that had persisted for months but to my delight during the course of the month I used it my skin cleared up dramatically with most if not all of my active acne becoming nothing more than blemish spots the only other thing I used at the time was a sunscreen ..I'm not saying it will get rid of your acne but I think that it does a great job at removing makeup and can help if that's the reason as to why your breaking out its worth a try for sure I think and it can be found in trial size at sephora for around $10 the only thing I dislike about the trial size is the lid , my first one came in a gift set and it has a spout which I like but the basic one at sephora check out is just a lid and the product will just pour out so I'd definitely recommend switching out the top or bottle if you're like me and packaging bugs you

on 11/11/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not sure what the hype is about this product but I noticed that after washing my face with this it left a thin film on my face. I didnt feel clean. Bottle is big and clunky, feels like milk, does not lather, and leaves a residue. Yuck!

on 11/10/2014 2:07:00 AM

I have been using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple 3 in 1 cleanser for almost two years now and I am a hooked. Prior to using Purity, I tried several brands from drug store to high end: Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Shiseido, Diptyque, St. Ives...all either left my face extremely dry or caused break outs after a couple of weeks. I found the chemicals in these brands were simply over drying my skin without fully cleaning it.

I kept reading reviews on this cleanser and noticed, year after year, Allure magazine nominated it as the best cleanser. What harm is there in trying?

So, I went to Sephora and purchased a big bottle and used it twice a day, followed by my standard serums and moisturizer. After a week, my face was dramatically clearer. After a month, I stopped having breakouts. I've switched serums and moisturizers (which usually trigger a bad breakout) but Purity has kept my skin calm and balanced.

There is no scent (though the bottle says it has a fresh scent) which I prefer since perfumes tend to irritate my skin. The cleanser does not foam. Again, a bonus as I found the foamy cleansers tend to have sulfates and dry out my skin. The packaging is a clear bottle with simple writing.

I've recommended this to my friends and they are all converts. My skin type is combination, with a tendency to get breakouts on my cheeks. It's been two years, and this is the only cleanser I now use. My face has never been clearer!

on 11/9/2014 1:15:00 AM

Packaging is simple and bold to represent the brand's motto I guess. Smells like ginger,which is bearable to me. Price is also acceptable for such a big bottle.

To me,cleansing is the most important step of skin care routine thus I'm very particular about the cleanser I use.

I have normal skin,no major flaws.Prefer mild cleaner as I don't usually wear makeup,so the ability to remove makeup is out of my concern. Have tried many many cleansers like Clinique liquid facial soap,soap and glory,ponds,and some high end brands like shiseido,SKII,Chanel... You name it.

I keep coming back to this one,on my 4th large bottle now and I believe this is still the best for me. It's mild,not soapy and only produce a faint smell which means less chemicals,leave my skin soft and dewy in companion with my clarisonic MIA2. Doesn't dry out my skin and no sign of break outs at all,there's nothing more I can ask for a cleanser.

on 11/9/2014 12:37:00 AM

This is by far the best facial cleanser I have ever used. I have acne prone/combination skin and my face has cleared up since I began using this face wash. At first I didn't like it because it doesn't get foamy but I quickly learned it was a good thing. It always removes all of my makeup without having to a run hard. It doesn't over dry my skin and I use it twice a day. For an amazing experience, use it with the clarisonic!

on 11/6/2014 3:45:00 PM

One of my favorite cleansers so far. It simple yet high quality of packaging.

Bought it for $23, at first I felt it was quite pricey for a cleanser but I am amazed that it's been 4 months and there is still 3/4 left on the bottle! It is really economically in used. I just use a pea size and it could cleanse all over my face.

My skin feels smooth after using this product and it doesn't dry my skin out. My skin condition is sensitive.

on 11/1/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Misleading! "Purity is natural", the label starts out....
Parabens and yellow 5 are not "natural" options. I've had this cleanser for over a year and never liked it. Rarely use it, as It causes little bleeding sores on my face. I want to like it. Tonight I read the label for the first time and am disappointed by the poetic jargon about innocence and purity and feeling blessed....then the ingredients which include several known to cause cancer in mice. It doesn't leave my face feeling hydrated as it claims it will.
I like some Philosophy products, but seems they are trying to destroy consumers' purity with this one! More like putridity! Farewell, purity!

on 10/29/2014 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Harsh and drying. Seemed to work really well in the first couple of weeks but continued use hurt my skin very badly. I used it last night, for example, and today the skin on my forehead is tight, itchy and it feels like I have cuts on my skin or something- I can't see any but this might be causing micro ruptures on the skin. Of course I have no evidence of that, so it is just an hypothesis. What I do now, and have evidence of, is that this product is harsh and it hurt my skin.

In fact, I bought a try me kit containing this product, Hope in a Jar day, Hope in a Jar night and the Microdelivery facial wash. In the first couple of weeks my skin was glowing and the breakouts I had been struggling with on my chin were healing nicely (aided by localized application of benzoyl peroxide). However, continued use caused my skin to have a bumpy texture, flaking, peeling, breakouts like I never had before (both in type and location) and severe dehydration.

I would stay away from this product if I were you. I actually feel silly because I bought into the hype just like that. The list of ingredients is also alarming, too many ingredients and too many essential oils. I like the scent and the packaging but I am not using this ever again and I already threw my bottle in the bin!