August 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2002 1:32:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I lovvveee these shadows!! Since I discovered these about a year ago, I have not purchased any other brands of eye makeup. I use these shadows for lining as well as shading, and the color range is amazing. I especially love the metallics range. The packaging is also clever, because you can tell at a glance which shade is which, and the clear minimalism suits my tastes. I would reccomend splurging on the $30 silver compact if you are going to collect them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2002 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need matte shadows in a wide range of colors and this is the only line that really does the trick for me. As I near 60, all the shiny stuff makes my eyes look crepey. This does not do that - the pale pinky beige, soft yellow, lavendar grey, and lime green all work with my hazel eyes without making the skin crinkle. It stays on just fine with a light coat of Paula Dorf Eye Foundation under it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2002 3:54:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first time I ever splurged on an expensive eye shadow. It's too heavily pigmented for my liking. And it settles into the creases, also causes a dark shadow by noon. Not very easy to blend, patchy finish. One definitely needs a good eye shadow brush to apply. Whereas I can use cheaper brushes with my Ettusais and Estee eyeshadows and the result is superbly smooth. Shu eye shadow reminds me a lot of Laneige eye shadow and I dislike both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2002 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ikky

I bought several colors from Shu since only Shu has the colors that I was looking for. I was hooked and honestly I really don't think any other shadows can compare to Shu's quality. Finely milled (which is really important to me), elegant and sophisticated colors, best is that it doesn't irritate my eyes even when flakes fell in. You can't go wrong with Shu's eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 9:10:00 AM More reviews by cecil007chan

Fab colour selection, really good quality, nice packaging, not too expensive :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2002 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

A top quality product, with plenty of pigment, smooth and even application, great lasting power, and a variety of shades and finishes. Not my first choice for neutral shades (other brands do them better) there are nevertheless plenty of unusual and unique ones in a less conventional palette. The clear, square containers are practical if you have lots of colors and need to find the ones you want quickly. Some recommended shades: P160 (lavender pearl), ME555 (deep metallic grey), P335 (citrus orange pearl), P190 (rosy pink pearl).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 9:37:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

I thought these eyeshadows were okay... nothing outstanding about them. IMO, they're a little expensive for the amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The texture is so smooth and the finish is very silky. The colors are very blendable, and the pigment is very good! I don't really like the packaging... the clear plastic is not that pretty. But at least I know what color it is right away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2001 1:28:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No complaints about this product. I have very sensitive eyes, and these are the most comfortable. Silky texture, wearable, sophisticated colors, and crease and fade a little, about as much as any other brand of high end powder shadow did for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2001 3:43:00 PM More reviews by dara09

Definitely high quality eye shadow. I switched to Shu after finding out that MAC e/s irritated my sensitive eyes and I have had no problem with this brand. Aside from not containing irritating ingredients (at least not to my eyes, and they are *very* sensitive), the e/s is comparable in every way to MAC's. The color selection is astounding, from the basic beige and taupe to vibrant oranges and purples. The eye shadow is very finely milled, mine (both matte) go on soft and powdery. The e/s are nicely pigmented but since the colors are flattering, the colors show beautifully without being garish at all.