April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Elourdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Makes my hair sooo soft! Love it. It's not that hard to use, I warm it in my hands with some water and gently massage it to my hair. Anyways here's my regime: godiva shampoo, jungle, r&b as leave in conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Rel

This conditioner is alright. It makes my hair feel softer and less frizzy but it smells bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by trussel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason this product didn't receive a 5 is because it didn't leave my hair the silky silky smooth finish that some conditioners do, but honestly for a daily conditioner, I just want something that allows me to manage my hair but can still be worn 2-3 days. If I want a day or night or super luxurious smooth hair, I could use a conditioning treatment. This, like everyone else has said, feels like you aren't putting enough of really anything on your hair but just trust it and you'll have a nice surprise when your hair dries. My hair is super soft with lots and lots of body, yet feels super light but not dry at all. AWESOME. Also, everyone seems to be frustrated with making it into a paste. There is no need to mix water with it! That just makes it more difficult. Just melt it in your hands like a body butter and smooth it on :) I use this after the Karma Komba shampoo that has a something, I don't remember what, that aids in detangling that I find really helpful when using solid shampoos and conditioners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The conditioner is a solid one, it is hard to apply to the hair so the Sales associate at Lush advised me to crush it first then mix it with water to form a paste. It works for me, but it is too tedious to use and I'm not a big fan of the earthy scent. With that said it does make my hair soft, but don't be discouraged by the feeling of your hair whilst in the shower. It definitely softens up and conditions once your hair is dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this from the LUSH counter. I don't like that it looks like soap, because my 3 year old keeps trying to use it like a bar of soap! :-) The saleslady told me to break off a small piece, get it wet, and rub it between my hands. Then apply to hair. It takes some getting used to, as it seems that you aren't getting any product in your hair. But after drying my hair, my hair was crazy shiny. There seems to be very little build-up, so my hair has a "lighter" feeling. My hair is normally pretty shiny, but this makes my black hair almost silvery! This doesn't smell quite as nice as some of the other LUSH products. It's just a fresh, clean smell. I am probably going to purchase it, though it takes some special storage and care to keep it away from my daughter. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what I imagined, I actually really love this conditioner.
It seems as though sliding solid conditioner down your hair would pull at it and cause damage but that isn't the case. While applying in the shower I was fearful that nothing was actually getting onto my hair but out of the shower it was obvious that it had been conditioned. I usually hate using conditioner because it gets on your back and neck and leaves residue. With this it is somewhat like a coating that only gets onto hair. I saw amazing results after just one use.

The smell is wonderful! It's somewhat like incense and this is the reason that I decided to use it in the first place. It's not at all something that I would describe as jungle-y or fruity.

EDIT: This stuff makes my hair look so so good and it makes my hair take less time to dry. However, I really hate that LUSH tries to market their products as though they are natural yet the first two ingredients of this conditioner (along with many of their products) are sodium laurel sulfate and propylene glycol. I'm really torn because this works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used the Jungle conditioner last summer I believe and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of odd and a little hard to use because it's a solid block; softer than a normal LUSH soap but not a creamy consistency either. I kept it in a little tupperware container outside of my shower to keep it from getting wet; doing this keeps the product from melting away. I would break a piece off, probably the size of a quarter and mush it up in my hands with a little bit of water and do my best to work it into my hair. I occasionally would find a chunk of it in my hair later in the day which was kind of annoying but it seems to come with the territory of using this type of product. I only used it when I would wear my hair in its natural curly state and really enjoyed the results. My hair was soft and pretty easy to style and best of all, carried the scent all day long. I absolutely LOVE how this smells. It is a fresh, kind of sweet smell that you really need to just smell in store to get it. It is not an easy smell to describe. I would purchase it again, but I don't live all to close to a LUSH to pick it up in store. I can't say its my most favorite conditioner ever, but it is nice and I'd recommend it to fellow curlies who are looking for a natural, sulfate-free conditioner that has an amazing smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jungle is probably my HG conditioner. I have to admit I'm surprised by all the reviews from people who find it hard to use, because all I have to do is smooth it onto my wet hair, comb through and rinse out. It leaves my hair very soft, and any tangles are so minor I can get rid of them in seconds. The scent is grassy and fruity but not overpowering. I loathe strong fruit scents but I find Jungle very pleasant. It's now being sold in individual pucks rather than cut into chunks like soap, which is probably a good thing because the chunks available in my local Lush tended to be quite big.

The only downside in my experience is that it's hard to store without leaving residue or sticking to things.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by magali18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say I usually don't use conditioner because I feel like they always make my hair heavy and flat. But since my hair has growed a lot and got a little tangled up and dry lately, I decided it was time to try one. I only use (solid) Lush-hairproducts so I picked Jungle. First: the smell. Loooovely pinetree and exotic smell that lingers quite some time in the hair. About the results: when you just rub the bar over your hair, make sure you don't use too much. I did the first time and my hair was a weird feeling flat mess. But when you glide it over your hair one time (and a little bit on your scalp when you have a dry scalp like me) and you brush it out when it's dry, it's sooo soft! It was bouncy and light and my curls/waves weren't weighed down. I tried the mixing it up with water-thing and it worked just fine as well.
Maybe for people with really dry hair, this wouldn't do the job. But I don't like my hair too soft and smooth and want it still untangled, so this is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.