July 28, 2014 | 2176 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst product I have ever used from LUSH. I received this as a free sample so I figured I would give it a try. When I opened the package, boy, I thought it smelled HORRIBLE. I love LUSH body gel in Grass & other earthy, deeper, manly scents, but this was seriously the worst smelling product for your body I have ever smelled.

Even though I hated the way it smelled, I went ahead and used it. That night every time I woke up as I turned I could smell it lingering in my hair, it just smelled so bad. When I woke up, I could still smell it. It was bothering me so bad I had to go into the shower and rewash my hair to get rid of the smell.

I guess it is all about preference, but I think this is the WORST smelling product for body/hair I have ever smelled. Just based on that I would NOT RECOMMEND IT, and I would never buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by 98724avs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not going to lie, I only bought this conditioner bar because I loved the smell. So, I was really hoping that I would end up loving it. First of all, I find it really hard to apply a good amount of conditioner because it is in bar form. And second, this did absolutely nothing for my hair. Usually when I apply conditioner in the shower, I will run my fingers through my hair, but with this, you can't and when I got out of the shower, my hair was a tangled, frizzy mess. Since I only use it because of the smell, I found out that the best thing to do is put in my conditioner that I normally use and then work some of the Jungle through my hair just so I can have the smell. I still have a good amount of the bar left and I can't decide if I will buy it again or not. The lady who checked me out at Lush said that she uses it to shave with, so I might start using it for that.

UPDATE: I have never repurchased this product. It just seemed to be a waste to me. I did finish up what I had left and I used it for shaving.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've never used a solid conditioner before and I understand some people may be confused as how to use this product, just like I was. What works for me is to wet it and lather it up in my hand till there's a thick paste all over them, then I run my hands through my hair. It takes a couple of minutes more than a liquid conditioner. It wont give the slippery feeling most are used too. However it does leave my hair nice and soft and it doesn't weigh it down. I still use a liquid conditioner on the super tangly parts of my hair still. And just a note on the smell... earthy... and it will stick around on your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by stacek23

LOVE this conditioner!! Even if this product didn't work I would still buy it for the smell, but it DOES work!! It takes some getting used to at first. You won't feel it at all on your hair in the shower, but afterwards it leaves your hair so soft and full of bounce. I prefer to chop it up, mix with hot water and store it a travel squeeze bottle. This way I can tell how much I'm using and I don't waste it. I'm on my fourth bar of Jungle and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Elourdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Makes my hair sooo soft! Love it. It's not that hard to use, I warm it in my hands with some water and gently massage it to my hair. Anyways here's my regime: godiva shampoo, jungle, r&b as leave in conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Rel

This conditioner is alright. It makes my hair feel softer and less frizzy but it smells bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by trussel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason this product didn't receive a 5 is because it didn't leave my hair the silky silky smooth finish that some conditioners do, but honestly for a daily conditioner, I just want something that allows me to manage my hair but can still be worn 2-3 days. If I want a day or night or super luxurious smooth hair, I could use a conditioning treatment. This, like everyone else has said, feels like you aren't putting enough of really anything on your hair but just trust it and you'll have a nice surprise when your hair dries. My hair is super soft with lots and lots of body, yet feels super light but not dry at all. AWESOME. Also, everyone seems to be frustrated with making it into a paste. There is no need to mix water with it! That just makes it more difficult. Just melt it in your hands like a body butter and smooth it on :) I use this after the Karma Komba shampoo that has a something, I don't remember what, that aids in detangling that I find really helpful when using solid shampoos and conditioners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The conditioner is a solid one, it is hard to apply to the hair so the Sales associate at Lush advised me to crush it first then mix it with water to form a paste. It works for me, but it is too tedious to use and I'm not a big fan of the earthy scent. With that said it does make my hair soft, but don't be discouraged by the feeling of your hair whilst in the shower. It definitely softens up and conditions once your hair is dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this from the LUSH counter. I don't like that it looks like soap, because my 3 year old keeps trying to use it like a bar of soap! :-) The saleslady told me to break off a small piece, get it wet, and rub it between my hands. Then apply to hair. It takes some getting used to, as it seems that you aren't getting any product in your hair. But after drying my hair, my hair was crazy shiny. There seems to be very little build-up, so my hair has a "lighter" feeling. My hair is normally pretty shiny, but this makes my black hair almost silvery! This doesn't smell quite as nice as some of the other LUSH products. It's just a fresh, clean smell. I am probably going to purchase it, though it takes some special storage and care to keep it away from my daughter. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what I imagined, I actually really love this conditioner.
It seems as though sliding solid conditioner down your hair would pull at it and cause damage but that isn't the case. While applying in the shower I was fearful that nothing was actually getting onto my hair but out of the shower it was obvious that it had been conditioned. I usually hate using conditioner because it gets on your back and neck and leaves residue. With this it is somewhat like a coating that only gets onto hair. I saw amazing results after just one use.

The smell is wonderful! It's somewhat like incense and this is the reason that I decided to use it in the first place. It's not at all something that I would describe as jungle-y or fruity.

EDIT: This stuff makes my hair look so so good and it makes my hair take less time to dry. However, I really hate that LUSH tries to market their products as though they are natural yet the first two ingredients of this conditioner (along with many of their products) are sodium laurel sulfate and propylene glycol. I'm really torn because this works so well.