MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 6/17/2014 3:44:00 AM

Great color! Expensive as usual but worth the price! Aha, actually too matte for my dry lips I must add some mosturizer, lately I bought mac viva glam rihanna and it works great with my lips! xoxo

on 6/15/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Finally took the plunge and bought this. I really love it, it's a bright red, on the cool side, but it still looks very good on my warm toned complexion. Very classic red, but still very much an in your face colour (on me at least). A bit hard to apply and touch up though, and a bit drying, 1 lippie of for that.

on 6/13/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love love ruby woo. I have always been a fan of its formula and so glad mac brought out the retro matte lippies because of ruby woos popularity! Ruby woo is a true matte, no sheen, and prone to stain due to its finish! I love the colour. It's brighter than russian red though similar I feel ruby woo could pull off day time make up than RR. This is a must have red.

on 6/8/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely and hands down the best red any brand could come up with. Sort of drying, but a lil balm prior to application makes up for that lacuna. Fantastic pigmentation and shade that goes with every skin tone and/or outfit colour. Smells great too, but I'd like a nicer packaging for such a gorgeous colour, even if it makes it more expensive. Really would add vanity value for me X-D!!

My favorite matte red lipstick!
Not too bright, but very eye-catching. It makes your teeth look very white and pearly, which is plus.
Only minus is that it's very drying, like all the retro-matte finishes. This one is probably the most drying. Invest in a good lipbalm, and rock it!

This is one of my favourite lipsticks! It's a bit rough to put on that's why I advise a light lipbalm underneath (I use Aesop which is very good). The lipstick lasts a long time and the colour works with anything to be honest. Perfect for all skin colours!

on 5/27/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

My favorite red for all occations, but most of all my favorite red for everyday use. It's a beautiful, matte, neutral red that suits me both when I'm winter-pale and summer-tanned. It feels like your wearing nothing on your lips, the only exception is when/if you have chapped/dry lips; it can be quite drying. The color stays on a good while, longer than any other red lipstick I've ever used.

on 5/10/2014 12:18:00 PM

This is a beautiful, long lasting red lipstick. The smell is absolutely gorgeous - as with all MAC lipsticks - but it truly is lovely. I find that unless my lips are super smooth and exfoliated, it goes on a little chalky and can be quite drying, so you really need smooth lips to start with. However, it stays on throughout the whole entire day and it's my favourite MAC purchase so far!

Everyone's lose a certain sort of red on their lips! MAC's Ruby Woo, suits all skin types in my point of view. On my skin the red is absolutely lovely depending on the makeup and amount if makeup you put on. This is definitely one of my go to lipsticks for a night out and I've learnt that depending on the sort of event your going for at times Ruby woo gives a very sophisticated look as well

This is the perfect red on very special occasions, the matte finish makes it look so classic and elegant. The only downfall to this shade is that it is not very wearable in daytime because it is more appropriate for an evening look. But if I would need a red lipstick I wouldnt bother with anything else but this. The reason why I took off lippies from this is because it is not a flexible color, it is slightly expensive and the the matte finish makes it hard to glide onto the lips. Exfoliating is a must to appreciate the texture of this lipstick but overall I highly recommend.

Popular Lipsticks