November 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is incredible - as good if not better than the Clinique lotion/body butter that I have been using for a few winters in a row. The Aveeno is half the price and in a great pump container. When I saw "oil", I thought it would be a nightmarishly long time to soak in - it is not! The smell is light and evaporates quickly - kind of a vanilla and maraschino cherry scent that is blendable with any of my fav. perfumes. My skin is moisturized all day. Will definitely repurchase. EDIT: I still love this, but only for summer. In the winter, my skin has become so dry, I need to stick with more emollient body butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by danerly

I happened upon this in a public restroom awhile back and loved the way it made my hands feel! I have had difficulty finding it in stores, however. (Not Aveeno products in general, but this one specifically.) Therefore, I've only used it that one time, but I really liked it and would recommend it to others. However, while Aveeno says their products are "all-natural," they are not organic and do contain some things that you really should avoid putting on your skin... Not sure about this product specifically.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Very nice during the winter. I picked it up to combat winter skin itching. I've never needed (or liked) body lotion before, so it took awhile to figure out what worked for me. I love that this is sheer, absorbs right away (I can use it morning and night, and no waxy or greasy buildup), smells like almonds and oatmeal, and alleviates my dry skin. Doesn't feel like a typical lotion, but is still deeply hydrating.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I came across this by accident, but now its the only lotion I use.
Pros-
After just one use, my skin feels super soft
It smells great
Its not to thick, like some lotions/oils
Cons-
A little greasy, but not so much that it's gross

Great stuff, but not for everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this lotion, but it didn't moisturize as much as I expected. I put on a few palmfuls all over my body after showers, but about 15 minutes later my skin feels dry and tight again. Also, the sweet, cloying smell gets nauseating after a while. I'll use something else during the colder months and maybe try it again in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

This is my HG moisturizer for when I need a light moisturizer like in the Summertime.
Even though it's an oil, it isn't oily and doesn't leave any stains. It absorbs in right away and leaves my skin soft and silky. It has a light scent that has been compared to almonds, but my daughter thinks it smells like light peaches and cream or sherbert. Either way it's a lovely, light fragrance that doesn't overwhelm or last long.
The moisturizing lasts all day.
The price is good for how amazing this product is, and the packaging with the pump top is easy to use.
This, along with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion, are the ones I reach for over and over again even when I have at least 10 different lotions & body butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by peachachess

Huge fan of the scent in this, I switch to this from my HG Suave natural oatmeal when I am craving the stronger scent. It is such a cozy, warm smell that I adore, though I guess not everyone shares that sentiment, lol. Like other reviewers have said, this is surprisingly non-greasy considering it is an "oil", and I normally run from oil with all of my breakout problems (not a one with this lotion, by the way.) Would repurchase because of the scent and the pretty decent moisturizing benefits, but still love my old standby, Suave natural oatmeal, the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent Product. Smells good, absorbs instantly, can reapply later on in the day and your skin will not get greasy. Effective on all skin types and provides smooth skin that lasts through the day. I am in love with this stuff, I apply it morning and night and my skin looks and feels fantastic. I'm thrilled to have found this product, I would have to say it might be my HG of skin lotions. $10/CDN, money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by shalinigupta1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim and I love it! It leaves my skin soft and smooth but not greasy and sinks in quickly. The lotion has an almond smell but it dissipates quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Candacetyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product really moisturizes well. I would recommend for people with normal to dry skin. However, I found it very expensive (about $10/ bottle). The smell is not too pleasant either. I think you could achieve similar results w/the Johnson & Johnson's creamy baby oil, which is a lot cheaper.