October 1, 2014 | 1951 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by peasxlove

I've used this three step a little over a month now and I am happy to say that some of my acne has cleared up. Kind of...

See even though some of my easy to get rid of pimples are gone-ish, the ones that were persistent are still that, persistent.

I think the worst part about this was that it did work for my easy to get rid of pimples, but then it completely changed my skin. In a bad, bad way. Now, instead of just having the occasional cystic acne while still having my regular breakouts, now I have about three new cystic pimples a day and tons (at least 20) tiny under the skin blemishes.

I think that this has the potential to work well on some users skin, but it hasn't really fixed mine. It kind of transformed it into even more problems. The results were never consistent for me. I'd have a nice looking face in the morning and by the time I was washing my face at night, I'd have several new pimples. I am going to discontinue use of this and hope I can find something to fix my newly wrecked skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by babythequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this kit when I was experiencing breakouts on my chin and jawline. It did not work at all and tended to make my pimples look more red and inflamed after using it. It is very irritating and not effective. The cleanser does not adequately remove makeup or oil. The toner burns when you apply it. It aggravated my skin and actually caused me to break out more. Not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This line truly saved my skin. Although it can be a little dry in the winter for my skin type, if I ever have a bad skin week I always turn to this line. I will re-buy over and over and over!

I had tried all the basic drugstore products for acne at random with no real luck, and had to pile on foundation to cover my skin as I was so embarrassed. In desperation I approached the Clinique counter at Selfridges and after a great consultation I bought this line and started using it daily.

On the first day, my pores felt tigher and my skin felt soft.

Within weeks I had fewer and smaller spots, and felt more confident. This is from only using it once a day, not twice as they reccommend.

Within about two months my skin was clear, and I even got comments about how good it looked. So I reccommended it to my sister, who got the same results!

However, the only downside for me is that this is a bit too drying in the winter, when I have naturally very dry and flaky skin. Also the cleansers are a little harsh which doesn't help the redness on my cheeks. However, that is much easier to cover than acne!

If you have oily or combination skin I highly reccommend this. The products last for ages (really, months and months!) and if you're new to skincare like I was then the 3-step system helps to develop good habits.

The price for all 3 products seemed high to me at first but I'm so pleased I took the plunge. It worked out much cheaper than buying lots of different acne treatments and the results were better than I could ever have expected. For me, this was a miracle-worker which gave me the confidence to start caring about my appearance and experimenting with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff when I used it. It worked better than anything I tried previously. I love the foam, it feels so nice on my skin. I stopped using it because of it's price. I was in high school, and didn't have a job. It became way too pricey. Right now, I don't think I will buy it again. I found stuff that works better, and this skin care line didn't clear up my face as well as I would have liked. I will say that I noticed less blackheads, which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst. Products. Ever. In the week that I used the kit, I developed between 10 and 20 huge cysts all over my face. No joke. I was actually planning to stick with it, but I was getting at least 3 new humongous pimples every single day while using this. Enough is enough! It completely destroyed my skin, and now I'm left trying to undo the damage it caused! Luckily, my skin started to clear again as soon as I STOPPED using it (though I'm still suffering with some leftover pimples, and all of the red marks left behind because of all the blemishes this caused). If you've had luck with proactiv and other kits, this may work for you, but in my personal experience, none of these kits work, and this one was the worst I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by poojak91

I worked amazing the first time I used it. Noticed a difference the VERY next day. I've been using it for over a year now and suddenly my skin just exploded with acne and scars. I think my skin got used to it. It also started making my skin extremely dry and flaky. So overall it was good the first couple of months but for me I became immune. Oh well, on to the next product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I do not break out much but occasionally I do battle hormonal acne (especially during that time of the month) so I like to alternate my usual skincare regime (comprising of whitening and anti-aging) with anti-acne products. I am happy with Clinique Acne Solutions Line (known as Anti-Blemish Solutions where I live) so far. It works well and for a counter brand, $43 isn't too much to fork out for a moisturizer. This range keeps my skin looking clarified and clearer without drying it out further.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Jenology

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product I had mild acne. A few on my forehead and on a few on the side of my face. For some odd reason, if I had one on my right side I usually get one on the left side. Not sure if anyone else is like that? aha but anyways after using this product I was so hopeful that it would work so I kept using it for about 3 months because they say that results would not sure until then...however, my acne got worse. I started getting bumps on my cheeks which I never had before, some on my chin and everywhere else. It was a disaster. I stopped using the products and saw that my acne started clearing up. I have combination skin and this line of acne products were just not helping me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by LIXIVIUM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed skin with oily T-zone and I usually break out in my chin area. I'm using this system for 2 months but I haven't seen any improvement on my skin. It didn't cause any irritation but also hasn't cleared my blemishes. The foam is ok, nothing special, I liked the lotion, it clears my skin perfectly but the same does lotion no3. I found the moisturizer a little bit oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ali156

I started with the small set to try it and at first it did clear my skin, not completely but I did see an improvement.
A few weeks later I started to break out on my chin, and it had never happened before. Also, the products together were harsh on my skin, too drying.

In the end I used the moisturizer+bp as spot treatment and worked better that way.
I also switched to the soap bar when i finished the foam, and it is more gentle but works out fine :)