MAC Impassioned (Amplified)

4.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ever see a pink highlighter? That's exactly what this color looks like! Beautiful pink but it did not look good on my medium fair skin with yellow undertones. I'm not scared of bold colors since my HG lipstick is ruby woo but omg this is too bright

on 11/14/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't tend to wear very bright hot pink shades, but I have fallen in love with this colour! 'Impassioned' is not as bright on my NC30 skintone like I thought it would be even though it seems that way from the colour in the tube. Brightens up any look when you pair it with a very simple neutral eye. The texture is creamy and goes on perfectly too. Also love using this as a "stain" by lightly dabbing on my lips to add a bit of colour when I don't want something too bold.

on 11/2/2011 4:54:00 AM

this one is a very pretty color that catches a lot of attention. a make up artist recommended it and i bought it. of course it's not a color for every day, but if you just use a very little maybe with lipgloss, this will work.

on 8/16/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

<3 this! and i am typically not a bright hot pink fan but this won me over. to me its a perfect "pick me up" for gloomy days :)

on 8/16/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Buying "Impassioned" was me living dangerously...whoohoo, life on the edge! Okay, so I have a pretty tame life. I'm in my 50's so getting something this bright - I mean, REALLY bright - and this pigmented in its brightness (it's an Amplified Cream) really was going out of my comfort zone colours (Plumful, Craving, Capricious) but I figured "what the heck; it's only lipstick and I can always wipe it off!". I bought this on a whim and really did want to try something bright and different while it was still summertime, as I feel this is very much a summertime colour. I do feel a bit self-conscious wearing this as it a really bright, slightly peach-tinged pink. And I tend to apply it with a pretty light hand. But I do find that it really lights up and brightens up my face and I like that. So far, my husband and kids haven't recoiled in horror or even commented, so I guess it's not all that shocking, and it really does put a smile on my face when I catch sight of myself in a mirror. The only reason I chose "no" for repurchase is that it's really not a colour I feel all that comfortable in. I'll use it and enjoy it and possibly even finish it up one day but for me, I think once was enough.

on 8/15/2011 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favourites, along with Morange and Girl About Town. Gorgeous rich pink, I guess you could say the ultimate 'hot pink'. It's definitely not as purpley as Girl About Town but it's still as bright. I don't think the photos do it justice either, a lot nicer in real life. Lasts ages! I've worn it for 4+ hours and my lips have still been rich in colour so you won't need to apply it often. A definite must have in your MAC lipstick collection! :-)

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

Gorgeus colour! Lasts ages! Very Moisturising

on 7/28/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

lovely bright colour lights up any face, favourite

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

OMG how amazing is this lipcolour!!!! I am a nude/pale pink lippy kinda gal, but wanted a drastic change and voila! Anamazing updated look with an amazing colour pop lippy!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Impassioned is a chameleon shade. It can be either coral pink, hot pink, or red pink- depending on your natural lip shade and skin tone. On the majority of women I think this is a watermelon pink with just a touch of coral. Update: A lot of these pics are not true to color. If you want the dupe, look at Revlon Love That Pink. I already had it and decided I loved it more because it lasts longer and is a creamy and pigmented lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks