September 15, 2014 | 1036 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Buying "Impassioned" was me living dangerously...whoohoo, life on the edge! Okay, so I have a pretty tame life. I'm in my 50's so getting something this bright - I mean, REALLY bright - and this pigmented in its brightness (it's an Amplified Cream) really was going out of my comfort zone colours (Plumful, Craving, Capricious) but I figured "what the heck; it's only lipstick and I can always wipe it off!". I bought this on a whim and really did want to try something bright and different while it was still summertime, as I feel this is very much a summertime colour. I do feel a bit self-conscious wearing this as it a really bright, slightly peach-tinged pink. And I tend to apply it with a pretty light hand. But I do find that it really lights up and brightens up my face and I like that. So far, my husband and kids haven't recoiled in horror or even commented, so I guess it's not all that shocking, and it really does put a smile on my face when I catch sight of myself in a mirror. The only reason I chose "no" for repurchase is that it's really not a colour I feel all that comfortable in. I'll use it and enjoy it and possibly even finish it up one day but for me, I think once was enough.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourites, along with Morange and Girl About Town. Gorgeous rich pink, I guess you could say the ultimate 'hot pink'. It's definitely not as purpley as Girl About Town but it's still as bright. I don't think the photos do it justice either, a lot nicer in real life. Lasts ages! I've worn it for 4+ hours and my lips have still been rich in colour so you won't need to apply it often. A definite must have in your MAC lipstick collection! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeus colour! Lasts ages! Very Moisturising

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by suzy61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

lovely bright colour lights up any face, favourite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

OMG how amazing is this lipcolour!!!! I am a nude/pale pink lippy kinda gal, but wanted a drastic change and voila! Anamazing updated look with an amazing colour pop lippy!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Impassioned is a chameleon shade. It can be either coral pink, hot pink, or red pink- depending on your natural lip shade and skin tone. On the majority of women I think this is a watermelon pink with just a touch of coral. Update: A lot of these pics are not true to color. If you want the dupe, look at Revlon Love That Pink. I already had it and decided I loved it more because it lasts longer and is a creamy and pigmented lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mycatsagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick!
To be honest, the way it looks in the pictures posted on MUA is NOT how it looks on me at all. Will hopefully upload a picture soon. It looks a little more Barbie-pink in those pictures, than I think it does IRL. On me, it actually looks like a fairly warm colour.
Highly pigmented, beautiful colour and noticeably more moisturizing than other MAC lipsticks I've used. Not super long lasting but easy enough to touch up, and I don't need to use a lipliner or anything with it.
Overall a beautiful colour. The first time I wore I received compliments from several people including a Sephora makeup artist!

It's something I'd wear out at night or to a dressy event. Definitely not a daytime thing for me, as a uni student. I don't think I'll run out anytime soon, but if I did I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by victoria96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! The colour is an almost neon watermelon. The texture is quite moisturising, very comfortable. The colour is very buildable, if just patted on with a finger it is a still a brightt pink lip but very wearable, if layered on it becomes more bright and neon. Amazing colour I know I will wear all summer.
I can see that it would not suit everyone though, I am pale with dark brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lulublevins

This is about as bright as I have ever gone with a lipstick and I love it! It offsets my green eyes and makes my face "pop" a little. It is definitely a head turner. I can't believe how long it lasts. Usually it lasts through an evening, washing my face, and is still on my lips in the morning. It looks great barely patted on for a little brightness or layered on for deeper color. I imagine this would look great on most skin tones from fair to deep.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lipstick! Its my go to color this summer.I even loved it so much I bought a back up.It is in the pick family but has a touch of coral to it also.