July 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Moisturizers - Perricone - Face Finishing Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has not been terrible. Ever since I started taking fish oil pills and using my Clarisonic, my skin was getting so clear and luminous I was amazed.

Enter my sample of Pericone Face Finishing Moisturizer. I took it out of my bag o' samples and thought COOL such a huge sample this will last me for months! After 3-4 days I got a huge painful undergrounder on my nose- OUCH. Then the small bumps on my forehead I'd worked so hard at getting rid of started to get worse. Then I started to break out in the WEIRDEST places, UNDERneath my chin (where I do rub the cream), and along my hairline, and PAINFUL red ones too. But I'm never quick to judge so I thought it was just... my skin. Finally when I put on the Perricone moistuizer 2 days ago and then immediately feel like a NEW underground is brewing, and my face was looking more red, I had the light bulb moment.
So I stopped using it 2 days ago, and ALREADY my skin is clearing up again.

Oh and when I was using it, its not like it was very moisturizing or anything. What a disspointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I stopped using it 2 days ago, and ALREADY my skin is clearing up again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by micacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only have a few samples of this, so my review will not be in depth. That being said, this had a nice feel to it, smooth texture, not heavy or sticky. The fragrance of this product, which has become very important to me as I've gotten older, is not off-putting, basic and plain, not flowery. This did not break me out, which is also very important, but, as I had only a small amount of the product, I didn't see any great results in moisturizing that would justify the price. I am definitely not a convert to derm's skincare lines thinking, in some cases, that they are only to promote that derm's practice.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Tszahl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I have only used this four times but I have never had a moisturizer make my face look so good. I am loyal to Olay products, but I got this as a sample from Sephora. I love it! It is very moisturizing and not at all greasy even after you wake up. Your skin feels like velvet. And, it is incredibly smooth.
I will update after using it more.
UPDATE: Still loving it! However, because some reviewers discussed break-outs as a result of using this product, I am extremely paranoid about it affecting my skin. Two days ago I got a zit on my forehead. I haven't had a real zit in about a year. I don't know if it was this product or not. But, if it happens a few more times, I will discontinue its use. So, again, I will update after more uses.
FINAL UPDATE: I got yet another zit. So I have stopped using this cream on my entire face. It is sad because it made my skin feel beautiful. I will now only use it as an eye cream and neck cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by havenexpress

Me: Combination skin, very oily forehead, dry cheeks, but I usually get ONE massive cystic acne on my cheek once a month or when I'm really stressed out. For my age, I have no wrinkles yet so I'm lucky.

I've always been wary of doctors/dermatologists hawking their own products at some ridiculous price, but I'm also a makeup/skincare junkie and so I've agonized over buying any Perricone's products for a while now. But I recently received a nice size sample from Nordstrom and I've been using this moisturizer for about two weeks.

My skincare regimen is usually about bombarding my skin with all kinds of serum - antioxidants, peptides, ceramides, acai, etc. If an ingredient is in some medical journal (or beauty magazines), I've tried it.

That said, serums are not moisturizing at all. I usually dont use any moisturizer for my face, but now it seems like my skin needs it. With my once-a-month-hormonal-breakout, I'm super cautious of anything that's remotely greasy. This product is NOT greasy. I apply this after my serums (currently I'm on the Estee Lauder Idealist and Borba Acai serum cocktail) and my skin is soft soft soft. As it is, Estee Lauder Idealist will make most skin feel smooth, but Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer makes me skin feel even smoother and softer, to my surprise.

I currently have a big fat zit on my right cheek that I've been treating with tea tree oil and it's drying my skin out. I've actually put on Face Finishing on the flaky skin areas for the past two nights, and it hasn't made the acne worse.

I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 because in looking at the ingredients list, it's not anything spectacular. The antioxidants are at the end of the list, therefore not in high/effective concentration. I think the price isn't too ridiculous because it works and you don't need that much. I will purchase this for hydration purpose only but it's good enough to satisfy my picky self.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very religious about the skin on my face, and for years I've been using Lancome skin products everyday. Then I got a sample of this from Sephora. I have never tried Perricone products before because I've always been skeptical...but this stuff is amazing. I applied it the night before and woke up to really well-hydrated skin. I put it on again in the morning and the whole day I couldn't stop touching my face. It felt so rich and moisturized.

The price is expensive but I think it is 100% worth it. The only bad thing is that it did make my eye make up a little more runny than usual, so I'll probably use a different cream in the eye area. I haven't used this long enough to know if the smell changes, but it does smell kind of chemical-y. I actually like it though.

I will definitely be buying this in the future in place of my current moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me this was way over priced for something that caused my makeup to slide around on my face within 2 hours of application and caused my pores to clog, in the end it was a waste of time and took a while to get my skin back to non clogged status.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Crazy_for_Make_up

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great, however, dipping my fingers on the jar probably made this product go bad easily... the smell changed a bit.
I'm not crazy about the price however, a little bit of this product goes a long way.
My skn is very sensitive and this was the ONLY mositurizer that I put on my face during the hard winters in Michigan without stinging. For summer, this seems a bit oily and I usually do not use it.
There is no doubt that the brand is great but the prices make me sort of scared to be honest. I saw a "try me" kit at QVC and have been considering to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by tracita

I'm digging this! I have combo skin, with extreme sensitivity around my nose and mouth (horrible redness and mega flaking if I'm not careful). I cannot believe how well this product has worked for me, not just on the sensitive, dry areas but all over my face...extremely hydrating. I use it at night as the final step in my routine (unless I have a zit or two, then I spot treat with BE Rare Minerals as the last step) and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is super soft. This hasn't caused me to break out any more than usual which is a big plus. I don't love the smell but I'll deal with it considering how well this has been treating my skin. I've only tried samples of Perricone in the past but I may venture into other products from the line because of my good experience with this. I paid $55 at Sephora...I don't use much for nightly application though so it should last a while...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Kileybiz

It seems a bit oily for my skin (comb. skin type). Not bad not that great