Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

on 12/16/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

cloying, and cheap smelling

on 12/13/2007 9:10:00 AM

I haven't worn Sunflowers for years, it was my signature perfume when it first came out in the 90's. But I am surprised it gets any negatives, because I have never worn a perfume before of since that I have gotten so many requests, especially from men, to know what it was so they could buy it for the girlfriends or wives! I agree it is a fresh clean summer scent, meant for warm days and light clothes, not a winter scent, and probably not a scent that every woman could pull off. But it sure worked for me.

I got sick of it after a while, it got too popular and EVERYONE was wearing it.

on 12/13/2007 5:40:00 AM

I bought this from a duty free shop for three reasons: Elisabeth Arden had been discontinued in the Sephora shops where I buy from and I cannot get them from someplace else, it was on discount (only 15 EUR) and I wanted to see how sunflowers smell on my skin. Surprisingly I found a rich flowery fragrance (to some I can be too overpowering, but I happen to like only strong perfumes), which on my skin smells like sun shining on a field of wild flowers. My boyfriend goes crazy when I wear this, it is one of his favourite scents on my skin. It is sweet at the beginnig but gets lighter in time without losing its intensity. It is one of those fragrances best worn on a summer night, in a simple white dress.

on 12/6/2007 10:18:00 AM

I didn't like this watery/marine-fragrance when it was introduced. Similar to Escape, which I hate! But I love the happy Sunflower-ad!!! Meanwhile I like and wear Sunflowers when I'm in the right mood. Smells uncomplicated. Fresh. Aromatic. Clean and sunshine YELLOW :-). Staying power is GREAT.
Sunflower gets compliments when I wear this "young and happy" scent. But this is not the important thing. A fragrance is the air I breath, so I must like it :-).

on 11/23/2007 9:51:00 PM

I remember when this was first put on the market. I was intrigued by the name and advertising art, so I tried it, and it was horrible. I was astonished that such a poor perfume ever was produced by a major company. I'm even more shocked that this is still available. I guess that shows the power of marketing.

I'm not sure why this is hated so much :-) While it's certainly not memorable, I find it pleasant enough. The scent is light and fresh, and reminds me of a field full of flowers in summer, with the sun warming your face.

on 10/26/2007 8:13:00 AM

All I have to say is "blech". Too warm, strong, and fake-chemical smelling on me.

on 10/17/2007 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My father bought me this perfume when it first came out in the early 90s. I was in the 6th grade and it was my first "grown up" present. I wore it to school every day! For that reason I could never give it anything less than a 3; however, after seeing this at the fragrance counter and smelling it again after so many years I was mildly horrified that I ever thought this was anything grown up. It reminded me of hanging out in the girls bathroom during recess and primping in the mirror with my girlfriends. Not a bad gift for a 12 year old, although if your looking for a first fragrance for a young girl Marc Jacobs Daisy would be a great alternative. Its not nearly as abrasive or cloying.

on 10/9/2007 7:09:00 PM

I got this from my grandmother, who got it from my aunt, and I tried to give it to my mother - no one wants it. It's not THAT bad, but there are so many other, much better perfumes. And it gave me a migraine.

on 10/9/2007 1:55:00 AM

Notes: Rose, jasmine, cedar, moss, lemon, musk, sandalwood ...

Sunflowers smells cloying, of rotting flowers, of funeral homes with the strong scent of flowers attempting to mask the scent of bodies decaying. The scent itself is just too much - but then it also induces a classic drugstore perfume headache.

There has to be some drastic difference in how some people smell the floral indoles in this - There's no other way to account for some people reviewing this as 'light', or 'clean', while only one spray makes me gag.

Both from personal experience, and from reading the other reviews - I'd suggest against wearing this in public unless your specific goal is to make people you encounter find you unpleasant to be around.

Popular Fragrances