July 25, 2014 | 969 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

I remember when this was first put on the market. I was intrigued by the name and advertising art, so I tried it, and it was horrible. I was astonished that such a poor perfume ever was produced by a major company. I'm even more shocked that this is still available. I guess that shows the power of marketing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

I'm not sure why this is hated so much :-) While it's certainly not memorable, I find it pleasant enough. The scent is light and fresh, and reminds me of a field full of flowers in summer, with the sun warming your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 8:13:00 AM More reviews by seablues

All I have to say is "blech". Too warm, strong, and fake-chemical smelling on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by B3684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My father bought me this perfume when it first came out in the early 90s. I was in the 6th grade and it was my first "grown up" present. I wore it to school every day! For that reason I could never give it anything less than a 3; however, after seeing this at the fragrance counter and smelling it again after so many years I was mildly horrified that I ever thought this was anything grown up. It reminded me of hanging out in the girls bathroom during recess and primping in the mirror with my girlfriends. Not a bad gift for a 12 year old, although if your looking for a first fragrance for a young girl Marc Jacobs Daisy would be a great alternative. Its not nearly as abrasive or cloying.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Turbulent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this from my grandmother, who got it from my aunt, and I tried to give it to my mother - no one wants it. It's not THAT bad, but there are so many other, much better perfumes. And it gave me a migraine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by daybreaking

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Notes: Rose, jasmine, cedar, moss, lemon, musk, sandalwood ...

Sunflowers smells cloying, of rotting flowers, of funeral homes with the strong scent of flowers attempting to mask the scent of bodies decaying. The scent itself is just too much - but then it also induces a classic drugstore perfume headache.

There has to be some drastic difference in how some people smell the floral indoles in this - There's no other way to account for some people reviewing this as 'light', or 'clean', while only one spray makes me gag.

Both from personal experience, and from reading the other reviews - I'd suggest against wearing this in public unless your specific goal is to make people you encounter find you unpleasant to be around.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by chachigirl

God i loved this perfume when i was 14 and this perfume had just launched...did i just date myself? I thought it was divine and made me smell like the classy lady i thought i was. I remember saving up my money to buy this perfume set from Macy's. I would never wear it again because it just ain't my cup of tea anymore, but i will never think it smells bad simply because of the fond memories it brings back.

I found this in the $2 bin at walgreen's today so that's what prompted me to write this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by RoogleTash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells really nice, is not too strong, and lasts for a whole day, it is very cheap at most chemists, so I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very dated, there are so much better fragrances out there that don't smell like the early 90s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Imagine being on a picnic with your family on a bright, sunny, hot day. You choose a secluded sight for this picnic and wander into the middle of a field with daisies and dandelions growing all around you. You and your family are making daisy/dandelion chains and having lots of fun. This is the kind of scene that Sunflowers brings to mind. When i read all the reviews on this that said it was horrid, i had to see for myself. So i went to target and bought a small bottle of it. I was surprised at how nice it is. A very sunny and fresh scent. A "happy-go-lucky" type of scent. If you could bottle sunshine and the color yellow this is what it would smell like.