September 21, 2014 | 1155 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by and111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a pungent mouldy cupboard.
Can't for the life of me understand why some love it, hopefully it will be one of those moments where I rebuy it in 30 years time and giggle over my youthful ignorance?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm an old lady now but I wore this in my thirties, and men went nuts over it. My bf even sprayed himself with it when he could (he was 35 at the time). I understand the "old lady" smell idea but this is very perfumey to the max. It smells a bit generic and I can't pick out the notes, but let me tell you, men love it.

It is strong and one light spray will last you all evening.
To me it smells like a really fine perfumey smelling perfume.
And if I were twenty I would still think this. Maybe people now are
just used to the fruity flowery smells they can identify.

I suggest wearing this on a date and watching the guy give you
a compliment on it. Try it, you'll see.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by rosedust1

My mother-in-law gave me this perfume years ago.....it smells sooo "old lady." I didn't get much use out of it and gave it to my mother who was about 50 at the time &I don't think she got to much use out of it either.. This perfume is great if you are 65+ years old. It has that powdery rose/powder smell...It's trying to be Chanel 5.....but misses the mark!!!...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunkie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've had this perfume for a long, long time and I didn't use it at all. The last month I decided to give it a chance again. I was thrilled! The smell is so classic, sensual, woodsy and mysterious. Though I would never use this on a daily basis, it's a perfect perfume for the evening go-outs and parties. It makes me feel sexy!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Maggie1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On me it smells woodsy, musky, masculine. A little goes a very long way. I am glad that there is an alternative use for it as bug spray.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

This smells horrible. My mom likes it and has used it for years. She finds something and will stick with it forever, like her hairstyle and bright pink nail polish. I love my mom, she is great, but I cannot stand this. I tried to turn her on to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle because I wear that and she likes it so I bought it for her, but go figure, it does not smell the same on her. So back to this she went. The search continues to replace this stench.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by M_Dietrich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This 'fragrance' from Elizabeth Arden is so offensive and nauseating that it will keep your enemies far far away. I may be exaggerating but this stuff is pure evil and it should be banned. Unfortunately my dear old mother loves this crap and uses it again and again. The smell of it is atrocious and it lingers for hours or should I say months. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. Now you have been warned. I am happy to see that I am not the only one here on MUA that finds this shit particularly nasty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst fragarance ever! I don't understand why so many people wear it! It give me headache every time I smell it on some one.

My mum got it as a gift once. I sprayed it on my wrist and nearly vomited. I couldn't wash this nasty staff off my wrist and it smelled bad for hours.

I think it should be banned in offices. Some of my co-workers wear it and it gives me a headache for the rest of the day.

I'm normally quite good with perfumes and try to find a beauty in each individual one. But this one doesn't make any scence at all

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by michex8

It's 'Okay'.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given this as a free gift. I sniffed it on a business card first because I didn't like the look of the bottle, and I thought it was horrible! When I tried it on my skin, the top notes were harsh, heady and uber floral~ all things I can't stand. BUT when I got past that (much rubbing my wrists and flapping my arms around) I got a really nice honey scent. It lingered for the rest of the day and when I caught a whiff of myself I was quite happy. Still, suffering through the top notes isn't a sacrifice I'm willing to make when I don't have to. This fragrance went straight to the Salvation Army store.