September 22, 2014 | 1282 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was so excited when i bought this because of the reviews. but i honestly didn't think it make my hair big in any way. it made it really shiny but it looked greesy. at first i hated the smell but i got used to it. wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I love this shampoo! But not for what it's supposed to do. I have fine, straight, hair that gets oily really fast. This shampoo doesn't help me with volume, but it helps control the oil which is something amazing for me. I only put this on my scalp, i don't use it for the middle or bottom part of my hair. I only use this once or twice a week, I use a more gentle shampoo the other days.
PROS:
Controls oil
Smells great
Deep cleans hair
CONS:
Contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is bad for you
Tangles hair easily

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Carlala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first shampoo I've ever used that came in a big tub and had a grainy texture, so it was an interesting experience! The tub could've been made so that it is easier to close, but nevermind that. First off, the lather it could be worked into was great, and I only need an amount the size of my thumb to clean my hair completely (it's about five inches longer than my shoulders). My hair felt clean after one rinse, and the smell of the shampoo was so fresh! I found that this shampoo helps add volume to my hair (which is normally medium in thickness). When I wake up in the morning after washing with this at night, my hair doesn't feel as flat at the crown but keeps that "just washed", soft feel. Sadly, this product is quite hard to find where I live, but I now use Kerastase Bain Satin 1, which gives the same results (different washing experience though).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ciaraMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this shampoo. When I first bought it I was doubtful that it would lather up to get a good shampoo out of it, but surprising it does. It leaves my hair feeling soft and fresh and it smells lovely! My hair has a really glossy shine when it's dry and the smell lasts for days. Although it's rather pricey I really think it's worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by xiufey88

I have very fine hair, very straight no maintenance needed at all.
I would say I like it enough to repurchase it, but not totally in love with it. I wash my hair every day, even with this product I will do. It gave me lots of volume after I blow dry in the morning. But later on afternoon around 3pm my hair starts getting a bit oily, but still better than I use other shampoo from drugstore. So that a huge improvement for me. But I still need to wash my hair every morning, because once I woke up in the morning my hair looks and feels very grassy, if I donít wash them my scalp will be very itchy. Even BIG is made for oily hair, but didnít solve my oily scalp. Well it still gives a good deep clean for scalp. After I this product, I noticed my hair grow much faster and healthier. Even my husband noticed my hair look much shinier and grow faster. For deep clean and volume I will repurchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this at the Macy's Lush counter. Did not work for me. The first thing I was noticed was the smell...I hate it. I agree with the other reviewers that it's drying. It also made my hair feel like it had a residue buildup. Eww.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by jenmichelle523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from the store to try since it is sk pricey. They were so kind and gave me a large enough sample for 2 full weeks of use.

I'm glad I didn't waste my money. Although it made my full of body, it dried it out as well. Plus, after using it I broke out on my neck and scalp like an allergic reaction. I've never had an allergic reaction to a product before I went to lush, I was definitely disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a person whose hair is both baby-fine AND thin, I am now and always have been in search of volume. Obviously, that's what brought me to Big.

Unfortunately for me this is a very, very, VERY drying shampoo. My hair squeaks when I use this and I promise you: that is a Bad Thing. Even after conditioning my hair doesn't feel much better, and if it does add volume I think it's only because it roughs the hair up so much.

I also HATE how this leaves a salt residue over your skin when you rinse it off. Woe betide you if it gets on your lips! Disgusting! I'll never purchase again. I'll find other ways to add volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by gwn1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have worked my way through two pots of this product, and am leaving it to try something else. While at first this product did seem to give me more body and lift to my hair (which lays very limp at the roots) now it no longer seems to do anything for me. It does clean well though, so if I can't find something better I would reluctantly come back to it.

Because of the salt in this product (which I actually find kind of fun!) over time I think it has also been too drying. That's not a problem if I concentrate it on my oily roots, but for the rest of my hair I think it has been too much. This may also be because of using the LUSH Veganese conditioner, which I don't think is rich enough for my dry ends. Love the smell of BIG though, very fresh!

This product also takes some getting used to - you need to have VERY wet hair, and then apply the product and lather it in. Then you'll get a great lather, and you only need about one fingerful or less for long hair. Unfortunately the packaging isn't ideal for shampoo - I know LUSH always uses the recycled pots, which is great, but if you have it open in the shower it can get full of water, and it's tricky to scoop it out when you get towards the end.

I love LUSH as a company (natural, no animal testing) and always want to love their products. I loved this product at first but over time it has started to let me down. Also for the price I feel it should be a bit better, even though a pot does last me a very long time. Sorry LUSH!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get this product at all. It's expensive and comes in inconvenient packaging; it claims to be all hippie-dippie earth-friendly yet contains so much SLS that my hands look like baby lambs when I finish lathering; and worst of all, it performs absolutely no better than any other shampoo I've ever used.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No