October 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2005 7:21:00 PM More reviews by AdaSuicide

Finally! I've been struggling for years to find a basic black eyeliner that I like. I've always hated pencils-- they're either hard and hurt my eyelids and don't show up dark enough, or if they are soft and pigmented they smear and smudge and look awful after a few hours. I'd recently started using liquid liner, which was nice and dark and actually stayed where I put it-- but I'm really not coordinated enough to apply it properly-- I'd end up with WAY more than I wanted on, and it didn't look very good.

But my sister let me use her Smashbox Creme Eyeliner one day and I immediately went out and bought some for myself. It's great! The color is very rich, it's easy to apply, and it doesn't end up all over my face at the end of the day. I highly recommend this to anyone who has been frustrated by eyeliner in the past. It was a little pricey for me, but I've been wearing it almost every day it for 4 months now and I've barely made a dent in it. The only negative is that it isn't really resistant to smudging-- I wear contacts and am rubbing my eyes often... and it does smear when I do that. But I've found that if you can avoid touching it it doesn't migrate on it's own, even if you have oily skin (like I do).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LauraChantel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Caviar works well for me, but please do not buy this if you are expecting a jet black color. This is more of a soft black brown (more black than brown though).

The push brush included with this liner is perfect for varied applications. The MA showed me all the different effects I could create with it.

1st- She showed me how to use it for tight-lining within my lashes for an ultra natural look.

2nd- she showed me a hard line on one eye then she had me do the other. I was amazed at how easy it was to get a perfectly straight line, with absolutely no tugging on my lid.

3rd she applied a cat-eye effect by winging it out a bit at the edges.

Lastly, she smudged & feathered it out and topped with shadow and gave me a FAB smokey eye.

I will always have caviar in my makeup bag. Please note that my friend sadly cannot use this cream eyeliner because it easily displaces on her oily lids. Test before you purchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2005 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mkupjunkee

I love the velvety smooth feel of this cream liner. My only complaint is that on it's own it doesn't last but ever since I discovered Benefit's She laq anything stays put. I like using a very thin liner brush or a slanted brush for this. With practice and proper manipulation of the brush the looks of this liner are endless. Give it a shot it's a good product. But I gotta say I still want to try Bobbi Browns gel liners for now this will do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This was used on me during a Smashbox makeover and though my Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner reigns supreme as my HG, I was drawn to this liner's smudgey look and cream formula. I eventually bought the Cover Shot kit used on me (which includes a split pan of liner in Caviar and Image) to give it all a whirl. First off, the application takes some getting used to... I watched the MA apply this on me (the push brush they include with this is great) but it's taken some time to get the hang of it... you can smudge the line to muted perfection but it's tough to get a nice perfectly defined line. What helps me is doing what my MA did and sweeping charcoal/black eyeshadow over this. Oh my, is this pretty with shadow over it, it's an ingredient for the perfect smoky eye. But unfortunately, I can't see myself using this as an everyday liner. I must use eyeshadow over this, then a little powder at the periphery under my eyes, or this will smudge in an undesirable manner. Moreover, if I line the top and not the bottom, I get the same undesired smearing below (that's why this works best for me with a smoky eye, because it can get shadowy/smudgey). But I do love how it looks with shadow swept over it, when I line both the top and bottom lashlines, enough to round this review up to 4 lippies (it really deserves 3.5 for overall use). Can't say I'd purchase this again but it was worth checking out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first cream eyeliner. I came across is in the Runway Compact Studio set, which I purchased at Costco for half the price of sephora! yay! Im very happy with this its almost perfect. Its extremly easy to put on and the color is a nice black. The reason this only get four lippies is because the staying power isnt great. I have to reaply often. I would definately buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

This is an excellent eyeliner which lasts all day on me and is very easy to apply.
I bought mine in Sephora in Paris and paid about 18 EUR. I think this is a fair price for this product. There is quite a bit of product in the little jar so I think it will last ages!
I apply this with the Smashbox lipliner (#6) whih works great.
I think others said they got a little brush with this if I understood correctly, I didn't get one here in France :(
Highly-recommended product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 5:31:00 AM More reviews by sunshine34

I love that this is a perfect velvety dense black.I have a lot of different shade of these liners but sometimes only classic black will do! It is easy to apply and stays put pretty well on me. It's good that they supply an excellent push brush with it too. Hey! If it's good enough for Pammie Anderson and Sharon Osbourne - it's good enough for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 5:11:00 AM More reviews by complexionfreak

I love this eyeliner. It is my absolute most favorite. I love the whole concept of it- rather than a pencil form, it is in a pot and you apply it with a flat eye liner brush. Theres no tugging necessary when applying the liner which means less wrinkle in the future. Cant beat that with a bat.
And YES I will be purchasing this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2003 8:23:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These liners are sooo poor in quality. I do not have oily skin or eyelids, yet this creases and smears like mad on me. If I need to set it with a powder e/s for it to last longer than 2 hours, I may as well line...with a powder :P Smashbox's liners are basically clown greasepaint but put into cuter packaging. After trying Bobbi Brown's liners I really don't know why Smashbox liners exist :T Caviar is black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 2:12:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have this in Caviar/mauve duo that i got off QVC and i must say i love it where have creme eyeliners been all my life? so easy to apply and very rich in color i love them both! application easy! Apply with a slanted eyeliner brush. Caviar is an almost black (dark brown undertones) looks black to me! and mauve is well, a mauve very pretty for that natural look and caviar for more dramatic. You wont be dissapointed on this one!