September 30, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by xsparkage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really bad in grown hairs on my legs from shaving (I guess...I don't wax). Anyway after hearing great reviews on this product, I ordered it from Sephora. I am sorry to report that this product did ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING! >:(
Normally I wouldn't be this mad about a product not working, except for that I have a lots of little bumpies all over my legs, that are embarrasing! I want them gone! I havn't been using this product for very long, so if I see a difference, this review will change, but until then sorry but I wouldn't get it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by PrissyMcNut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked this stuff at first because it cleared up my ingrown hairs (on legs, bikini area) but after using it everyday for a while--after shaving--I noticed that it stopped working. And eventually, my skin reaction worsened. What happened, according to my electrologist, is that my skin got dehydrated from the drying agent, and because the top layer wasn't exfoliated enough, more ingrowns formed. I actually find that neosporin works a lot better. Neosporin is expensive, however, and I can't afford to use it every day after I shave. I am currently waxing and epilating, and I think that I might try to incorporate the product into my new routine. I think that used less often, (every week or so) the product might not cause the side-effects I experienced. It sure worked well at first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a bit expensive but it really works. I used to have really bad ingrown hairs but now I only get the odd one that is easy to take care of.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by LivBrown

In my early teens I used to get a lot of ingrown hairs in my armpits, and I dreaded shaving because it just reminded me that I was just continuing the cycle. I avoided wearing sleeveless shirts because I didn't want anyone to see the little red bumps in my armpits. Then I read somewhere that Tend Skin is a miracle solution for razor bumps and ingrown hairs, and I started using it regularly. It completely solved my problem! I've been using Tend Skin now for years and I rarely get ingrown hairs now. I'm so thankful that someone came up with this product -- it's a real solution to a problem that I think a lot of people have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

It really depends what you use this for. For me, it is to keep my bikini line nice and smooth (no ingrowns) and it works works works like no other. And if you do squeeze a pimple, this will make sure it doesn't get infected and dries up within a day. For these two purposes, it is awesome. It also dries up unsqueezed pimples, too, but not as quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by karreyberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought an 8-oz. bottle of this at a Duane Reade in Manhattan for $20 -- kind of expensive, but I felt like I was getting a good deal since I know that on Folica.com it costs twice that. This was about a month and a half ago, and my skin is significantly more manageable now than it was then, thanks to this product. My skin is not perfect, but it's so much closer now, and that's saying a lot considering that I am a huge perfectionist and probably way too familiar with every inch of my skin, and I have tried SO many products that simply failed to live up to my high expectations.

I wouldn't say that I have "acne", but I have always struggled with overactive sebaceous glands and the resulting oiliness and clogged pores. I also have recently been getting underground cyst-like spots on my cheeks that aren't that noticeable because they never really come to a head, but still feel lumpy and drive me crazy. Tend Skin has reduced these problems by about 75%. Everything is really just more "under control." Best of all is that if I get a zit (even those underground cheek ones!), it's noticeably "progressed" after one application of Tend Skin, ready to gently pop after 2, completely flattened after 3 (no second popping required), and after a week, the red spot's barely noticeable. This is the ONLY product that has worked this quickly and consistently on my skin!!

My daily TendSkin routine is to use it every night as a toner, all over my face...and that's basically it. I try to apply it as often as possible actually, but only at night or when I'm around the house (wouldn't work too well under makeup). It does cause some flakiness, but nothing unmanageable, and I'll take that anyday over clogged pores & bumps. I must say that I do have very resistant skin, so if yours is easily irritated, I'd recommend applying it as a spot treatment only.

I apply this stuff in kind of a weird way. I have this clear circular dome-shaped cover that I took off the top of an old eyeshadow palette (Physician's Formula Baked Eyeshadow or something like that), and I squirt some of the Tend Skin into that. Then, I dip in this thin but sturdy-bristled fan-shaped brush (about an inch wide) that I got for $2 at a craft store and is actually a paintbrush, and I use that to sweep it all over my face. Using this method (and totally random collection of tools), I've gone through less than 1/3 of the 8-oz. bottle after almost 2 months. That's not bad. Using a cotton ball, I would have gone through soooooo much of the product, because I like my face to be wet with the stuff so that there's plenty to soak in.

Anyway, Tend Skin (and this application method) has become an essential part of my beauty routine, right up there with brushing my teeth and putting on SPF in the morning. I would definitely recommend it! (and this is only my third product review ever, that's how much I believe in it!).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After buying countless products to try and help my boy with his ingrowns/shaving rash I finally stumbled upon this in sephora and will never turn back!not only has it made his face like a baby but it works wonders on bikini lines......would most def keep buying again and again!little bit on the exy side but it lasts quite a while..also be prepared for the smell!but when a products works this well you can't hold a few alcohol fumes against it....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by shanna3535

I never comment on anything but had to comment on TendSkin. I am going away this weekend and got a bikini wax yesterday. The woman should be fired because she left my skin irritated and red and bumpy, and didnt even take off all the hair from my legs and bikini area, so I had to shave on top of my already irritated, sensitive skin. It hurt so badly and I thought I was going to have to wear shorts in the water to coverup my embarrassing bathing suit area! -- but tonight when I got home I took a hot bath and then shaved (ouch!), and when I was done I put on TendSkin, and within about 15 minutes My legs looked absolutely fine!!! I have never been so shocked and impressed by a product, it worked amazingly. I'm so happy, I would definitey buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG!!! The only drawback is the price, but it's worth it, for the great results this gives me.
I usually shave my bikini area, and before using Tendskin, I'd always have irritation, itchiness and bumps for weeks. Not a nice feeling. Now I just apply Tendskin with a cotton pad right after shaving, and I have absolutely no discomfort/irritation. It is important to use it every day though, for a while, otherwise you do get the bumps.
I also used it as a spot treatment for pimples, and wow...it works better than most acne treatments I've tried. If I dab a drop at night before bed, the pimple is almost gone by morning!
I expected the smell to be totally nasty, after reading the reviews, but I really don't find it offensive at all, it's not a nice scent, that's true, but it disappears within seconds, so it's not really an issue.
So yes, I will buy again, and again, and again...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by c1wall

Ok so after months and months of getting bikini waxes i was getting some terrible in-grown hairs.... i opted to use the Tend Skin to try and help with this issue... i tried it every way possible. I think perhaps it helped some what but i didnt think it made a difference for me. I was terribly dissapointed. I have since stopped the wax treatments and gotten some Dr Bronner's tea tree oil liquid soap and this is not getting rid of the ingrown hairs but it is helping to cleanse the skin better and i do notice that the ingrowns from prior that i have been unable to get rid of are starting to soften and come to the surface.
It is a lot of money to spend on something that doesnt live up to its promises.