November 28, 2014 | 1229 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by aerobideb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beyond Paradise was a real find for me. After reading all the negative reviews on MUA, I was sure it would smell of pish!!! However, when I bought the Perfume book and saw the comments made by Luca Turin, I thought I would smell this perfume for myself. Sniffing it from the bottle I thought, fowl!! But, when I sprayed it on my wrist, I thought it was a completely different perfume. All I can say is Beyond Paradise smells divine on me, I believe it's down to chemistry for sure.

So, if you're wondering about this perfume, please don't take the negative reviews as 'the be all and end all', because BP may just work for you the way it does for me. I think Luca is right to love this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 4:33:00 AM More reviews by nightlace2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful bottle, however this perfume initally smells very nice.like jasmine flowers, but after a while, it just reeks...of freshly cut grass.

I initially loved the smell but i dont know, i bought a 50ml bottle and when i had 3/4 of it left, i nauseous every time i put it on. It stank bad! (maybe I had a bad bottle).

I was so relieved to finish the damn thing, I never want to look at it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by mysterious_scent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I sampled this scent only because it was raved by Luca Turin in the Guide. The first sniff on paper was nice - clean, airy and nice white floral, but it soon turned into a heady scent with something very unpleasant and way too strong. I instantly got a headache. What a disappointment!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by elaineraino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this perfume, but that's about it. It has a very fresh, floral but clean beginning, but nothing really sticks out at me. After a while, it just becomes a boring scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Gypsy154

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It is a fresh floral. It does not rely on a strong singular floral such as rose, jasmine, gardenia - etc. Instead it is a symphony of many florals just beyond your reach.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This gave me the worst headache ever. Gave it away to my cousin. I think the reviewer below is right...it has a tendency to smell like it's lipglosses and lipsticks which I am not a fan of. It smelled good on the paper when tested but on my skin (after purchasing it) it was unbearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty05

I have tried to avoid writing reviews for fragrances only because it really is a individual decision based on chemistry as to whether you will like something or not. Where as with makeup you can be a bit more broad and write about texture, staying power, color etc.

I got a miniature bottle of this and some mini vial size samples. That's as far as it goes with me. The scent isn't my style at all. It doesn't work with my chemistry either. I just dont like the smell at all. It reminds me of the way the lipglosses and lipsticks smell.

I used to work with a girl who wore this like every other day and it gave me a headache. I'd have to resort to breathing out of my mouth. It was not fun almost agonising.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by talexs

I don't really have much to say other than I hunted this down many years ago when it came out and loved it for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden it started to give me the worst headaches ever. But it is a pretty bottle and the fragrance lasts without layering

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been repurchasing this perfume since I was a junior in high school, I'm on my third bottle now (and a senior in college). This is my signature scent. I get SO many compliments on this perfume and I love that people come to associate it with me now. This smells different on different people though, and on me at least, the scent almost completely changes from when I first put it on. It "settles" if that makes sense. Overall, I love it--my ultimate perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how many bottles I've bought so far. I don't remember how many times I got compliments about how beautiful I smelled (even strangers stopped me a couple of times). And I don't remember how many times I made my husband fall in love with me again since he loves this fragrance very much:))