August 29, 2014 | 1923 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by elaineraino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this perfume, but that's about it. It has a very fresh, floral but clean beginning, but nothing really sticks out at me. After a while, it just becomes a boring scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Gypsy154

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It is a fresh floral. It does not rely on a strong singular floral such as rose, jasmine, gardenia - etc. Instead it is a symphony of many florals just beyond your reach.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This gave me the worst headache ever. Gave it away to my cousin. I think the reviewer below is right...it has a tendency to smell like it's lipglosses and lipsticks which I am not a fan of. It smelled good on the paper when tested but on my skin (after purchasing it) it was unbearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty05

I have tried to avoid writing reviews for fragrances only because it really is a individual decision based on chemistry as to whether you will like something or not. Where as with makeup you can be a bit more broad and write about texture, staying power, color etc.

I got a miniature bottle of this and some mini vial size samples. That's as far as it goes with me. The scent isn't my style at all. It doesn't work with my chemistry either. I just dont like the smell at all. It reminds me of the way the lipglosses and lipsticks smell.

I used to work with a girl who wore this like every other day and it gave me a headache. I'd have to resort to breathing out of my mouth. It was not fun almost agonising.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by talexs

I don't really have much to say other than I hunted this down many years ago when it came out and loved it for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden it started to give me the worst headaches ever. But it is a pretty bottle and the fragrance lasts without layering

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been repurchasing this perfume since I was a junior in high school, I'm on my third bottle now (and a senior in college). This is my signature scent. I get SO many compliments on this perfume and I love that people come to associate it with me now. This smells different on different people though, and on me at least, the scent almost completely changes from when I first put it on. It "settles" if that makes sense. Overall, I love it--my ultimate perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how many bottles I've bought so far. I don't remember how many times I got compliments about how beautiful I smelled (even strangers stopped me a couple of times). And I don't remember how many times I made my husband fall in love with me again since he loves this fragrance very much:))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Banana. Not sure if I like it but at least it's different.

Edit - I've tried it again and I'm getting the floral it's supposed to be. Nice, fresh and tropical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waffle on this one. There are times when its synthetic clean floral "freshness" really suits me. Here's how it strikes me: it has this airy quality that stays high up (it's not an earthy fragrance) - which the sky colored bottle expresses well. The name, Beyond Paradise, is good - not for the "Paradise" part, but for the "Beyond", which is this sense of the expanding horizon. But there are other times I can't take it because it just seems too high and loud and synthetic. My liking for it depends on my mood, whether I'm in the mood for airy, or earthy. As I said, I waffle. It seems to work well on my skin because my husband's comment was, "that smells nice" - without being asked. So I'm giving it 4 lippies because I received a rare unsolicited compliment. Otherwise, I'd give it three, just based on my personal taste. I like it a lot, but I don't looooooooove it. I'm not qualified to comment on the break-through technology involved in its creation, which as a fragrance wearer wouldn't affect my purchase decision anyway. It's an abstract floral fragrance that seems very American to me - in that idealized, breezy, healthy, clean cut, extroverted, radiant Cover Girl way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

I wore this everyday for a year straight, now I have a new love and find myself not wearing it as much since I purchased the second bottle. But this stuff lasts forever and smells great. A very unique smell to me I am sure there are other reviews talking about the exact scent.