April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the rave reviews, and the first couple times I used it I was really disappointed. The spray applicator doesn't produce a fine mist, so the seal would basically make a pattern of tiny droplets on my face that was evident after a couple hours, when the rest of my makeup would start to vanish. I tried it again a couple days ago, but this time used a tissue to evenly pat it into my skin. It didn't smear like I was worried it would, and now I know what everyone else is raving about. At the end of the day my makeup looks just as fresh as when I first put it on, making this an instant HG. I think I'm going to get one of the huge bottles to make sure I never run out. Love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So...I don't know if this does much to keep my make-up in place. I have never actually had a problem with my make-up sliding around - perhaps this is why I can't tell! What it is MIRACULOUS for though is stopping eyeliner from smudging, budging or transfering at all. I pull the atomizer out, let a drop or two fall fall off onto a small plastic lid, dip my eyeliner brush in it and then roll that through the eyeshadow I want to use as liner. Fabulous. Holds through long days (including air travel). Now, you will have to re-dip fairly frequently and/or work fast because it does dry quickly, but this not a problem as you can easily re-dip (but don't do this into the bottle itself...not hygenic).

As for spraying over the make-up, I do it - it smells good (minty) but it does go into some bigger droplets so just pat those out with your finger...be sure your eyes are closed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by flinty

Let's recap the day, shall we? Put on makeup on my rather oil-prone face at 7:30am, spritz Ben Nye Final Seal over my eye makeup (the bulk of which is made up of MAC pigments), walk ten minutes in a rain shower without an umbrella, sit in an office for eight hours, go to a 1.25hr power yoga class in the evening, get home at 9:00pm. In between, I did touch up my original MAC Fluidline eyeliner with a MAC Powerpoint a little bit at 1pm. Now, at 9:15pm, my cheeks are a tad shimmery from some pigment fall-out, and I did have to wipe away minimal mascara from under my eyes after yoga, but my eyeshadow is about 95% as vibrant as it was this morning, fourteen hours later.

Last weekend, I used Final Seal on a combination of eyeshadow and pigment, stood out in horrible humidity for an hour and a half, and literally sweated buckets. My hair looked like I had got out of the shower fifteen minutes prior (yes, it was gross). My makeup? Flawless, with minimal fall-out and no raccoon eyes.

This stuff is unreal. You spritz it on (and be careful not to get any in your eyes, because it is not pleasant!), wait fifteen seconds for it to dry, and go about your day. It feels a little tight at first, but after a few minutes, it doesn't feel like anything besides makeup. Granted, I used UD Primer Potion with my Final Seal, but UDPP is nowhere near this effective alone. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of the BEST products ever made!!!! it made my makeup last through dancing and it looked FRESH like i had just applied it!!! wow....this will forever be in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tituba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a good minty feeling to it. It works. I use it to make my eyeliners and eye shadows waterproof too!!! My only problem is the spritz.. when I use it to spray the enitre spray, it doesnt give a fine fine mist to cover the entire face. Otherwise ill give it 5 lippies. IT IS DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE! holds make-up and very very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a 2 oz. bottle of this with a spray nozzle about 6 months ago. I've only used about a fourth of it so far, and I used it--liberally!--at least twice a week. This stuff is amazing. I was so sick of going out with awesome makeup and coming home with smeared eyeliner or shadow that migrated to my lower lids (not attractive, especially when you wear bright colors. No one wants blue raccoon eyes). I tried primers, paints, CCB, liquid liners that claimed to last for ever, none worked. Final Seal is perfect. Once my eye makeup is in place, I spray this over it, applying several layers (drying between layers). It keeps my bright shadows bright, my liquid eyeliner crisp, and can even be used to apply glitter over shadows and liner. I love layering this over fluidliners and smudgepots to make my liner bullet proof. I have cried (and I don't mean pretty lady-like tears), sweated, danced at rock shows, and generally done things that makeup hates, and yet this kept everything looking perfect. I cannot praise it enough.

Warnings: when you first spray, hold it away from your face, because the nozzle can get clogged sometimes. If this gets into your eyes, it will burn like hell. When I layer it over liner with a brush (like Shelaq), I dab excess off on my hand first because otherwise it will run into my closed eye. You must let layers dry before applying more, or else your eye makeup will crease. It tends to dry quickly though. If you put on too many layers the minty smell will be icky, but wears off in about an hour. The bottle can also become encrusted (packaging isn't all that great), so I'm planning on replacing mine for that reason alone, but at $7 a pop I don't mind.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by naynay787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after hunting for a product to minimize makeup transfer. I absolutely *hate* it when my makeup rubs off on my or my DH's clothes. Also, despite the fact that I don't have oily skin, my mu seems to disappear quickly from my face. Enter Ben Nye's Final Seal...... This is made for dancers and performers to help their mu last, even when they perspire. I bought this at a costume supply store. A 7 oz bottle of this cost $17, which is not such a bad price for what it does. Tried it out as soon as I got home. My only gripe is that the 7 oz bottle doesn't come with a spray nozzle like the 2 oz one does. I had to take the top off of a bottle of hair shine serum to use this. It has a light minty scent which dissipates once the product is dry. It helps my mu last through exercising in hot, humid weather. To test the transfer-proof ability of this, I rubbed a tissue lightly against my face and the tissue didn't pick up a hint of makeup =0 Genius product! Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Natalie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great product! After applying the Color Cake foundation, Ben Nye's Final Seal does not allow the foundation to smear at all! Makeup remains intact, even during the hot sweaty summer months. Even in summer camp, this product makes all makeup stick!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by taegugirl

I spritzed this all over my face after putting on my wedding day makeup-- except my lip gloss.

To give others some context: I got married in mid-August in New England. In a church with NO air-conditioning. And it was raining! (it was HOT and humid) This kept everything in place...along with the Benefit's She-laq I used over my eye liner.

I cried a lot during my ceremony, my dad wiped my tears with his tie and my face did not budge.

For a gal with combo/oily skin, this was great. Don't expect this to cement your makeup on your face through a nuclear blast, but under my wedding circumstances, this thing did its job. And it was dirty cheap-- compared to She-laq!

Has a nice minty tingle and smell. (will burn if you get in your eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by VogonPoet81

This stuff is fantastic. Actually kept my make up from wearing off. I went to Dave and Busters in Cleveland and played a version of Dance Dance Revolution and my make up didn't wear off which is super surprising. Nice little minty smell at first...although my only gripe is that at first it felt thick and heavy on my face, but think i used too much. Will definately buy again.