November 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me first say that I hated this stuff at first. I would spray it all over my face, & it would actually ruin my makeup & get in my eyes. I had almost given up on it. I was reading reviews on it though & decided to give it another chance. Nattyngeorge's application tip seemed like a good idea (it was, thanks!!!), so I decided to try it. WOW! My makeup is always flawless looking now:). What I do is apply my liquid foundation & concealer, then I spray this on the back of my hand & dip my MAC 187 in it and apply to my face as if applying more foundation. It makes my powder & blush much easier to apply & my makeup stays put ALL day! I also do not get oily...I really only need to use blot powder maybe once or twice a day, & thats only because I hate being even a tiny bit shiney. I really can't say enough about this stuff! It's amazing, cheap (like $5 dollars for a good amount), & has a nice refreshing mint smell. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I was gonna toss this stuff, but I wanted to give it just one more try... and thank God I did!! What a miracle worker, a real treasure!!

As mentioned earlier, the first time I used BEN NYE Final Seal, I hated it. I sprayed it according to the directions on the bottle and the stuff burned my face and left noticeable droplet marks all over my makeup! It RUINED what it was supposed to help!! I was MIFFED and ready to toss it!! until I devised a way to make it work for me. I sprayed it at an angle up into the air and then I let the mist fall gently on my face (with my eyes completely closed!). I find that by doing this, the cool mist lightly coats my face evenly and gently (with no burning!) and I am left with no noticeable droplet marks. You can layer it onto the face this way as well, but be careful not to over-use, cause this stuff has alcohol in it. You may use a bit more product than necessary by doing this, but the results are well worth it!

After a face-full of makeup (any makeup, it doesn't necessarily have to be theatre makeup), I "mist" this onto my face and it prevents my makeup from oxidizing, smearing, and wearing off throughout the day. My makeup stays nicely intact and looks rather good by the end of an 8-hour day... which is more than I can say for just using primer and powder alone.

Since this contains alcohol, I would think that's crucial to protect your skin by using a good moisturizer and primer prior to it's application.

The price is just right. If you live near a Ben Nye, just walk right over a get a big container of the stuff, cause the shipping costs suck. If you buy this online, get the big size, cause you'll be using this for the rest of your life!! Oh yes, the supplied spray bottle doesn't produce a fine mist. Just pour it into another cheap, mini-spray bottle and you'll get a finer spritz!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one that hated this stuff....I hated it so much, I dumped it in the sink.. This minty stuff came out in an uneven spritz and when I wore it out, I looked in my car rearview mirror and to my horror, I had tiny dots of shininess on my face, like rain drops...I had to sit there for 10 minutes and rub it in, but it ruined my make up...it also smeared my eyeliner and the mintyness Killed my eyes...they burned...I could have experimented I guess by spraying it on a sponge, wiping it lightly on my face, then powdering....but I didn't....this was so cheap and I am glad I tried it once, but there has to be a better product without the mint and with a sheer, even mist spray... Anyone know of one?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by clairehair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the rave reveiws and I thought it would help make a success of the Ben Nye foundation cake which was also after many attempts a disaster which I also bought based on rave reveiws but to be fair, to say my opinion on this stuff is a minority opinion is an understatement and as I always say, one womans HG is anothers nightmare so best to try it out for yourself. I found this to be awful in the extreme. Didn't work at all for me and came off when I touched any part of my face and the makeup came off with it leaving a line and a peeling skin effect. I tried using less and doing just one layer although the bottle recommends two but again the same effect Horrible. It feels tight and masklike and smells nasty. A huge waste of money. I am going to have to bin it as I would never use this again. Don't need it now anyway as I found a good primer is what is required. Oh well, you live and learn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I finally decided if I liked this stuff or not. And I decided that I love it. My problem at first was, I didn't really know how to use it correctly. I apply my liquid foundation with a fluffy foundation brush (the MAC 187 brush) and right after I apply it, while my makeup is still damp, I spritz the final seal all over my face and I take the foundation brush and continue to brush my face as if i had put on more foundation. It dries super fast, so I have to brush my face quickly. It definately keeps my makeup in place all day long. I usually put this on my face when I wear turtlenecks because I ALWAYS get makeup on the collars. This definately prevents that from happening. Some days when I don't feel like wearing my med-full coverage foundations, I wear cheap drugstore foundations.. and when I spritz my face with the final seal and brush it all over my face with the foundation brush.. the makeup stays in place all day just as if i was wearing my more expensive makeup! I dont think i'll need to spend lots of money on foundations anymore as long as I have this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupwannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am glad I put makeup that I don't use aside instead of throwing it away. Sometimes it takes another try to acheive greatness with a product, most often because of application skill. Forget Model in a Bottle, and all other expensive setting sprays, this stuff is great. I had two of the 1 oz bottles of this tucked away in a closet, and when I read the reviews on here I got them out and tried them again. The tip on patting it in with a tissue is great, as is the tip about applying a few coats. What a great way to really do up your face great once, spray this, and you're set, literally. Your makeup is set until you wash it at the end of the day. All you need is lipgloss/stick. I've used a few paints and primers for eye bases, and even a primer for under makeup, but this really makes it stay put. I have really wanted to find something that would make my makeup more longlasting, and in the short time I've used this, it's become a HG for me. I bet if you had a few layers of this on your makeup, you could get you face wet,Will also try what another reviewer did and try it as a base and finish spray, as I can tend to be more oily than other times. I think I paid $4 for the 1 oz bottle at a costume store a long time ago. The size also makes it perfect for travel. It could do without the mint, but that is the only thing I could see changing about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With the kind help of my dear mua'er friend in U.S.(she cp'd me) I finally get my hands on this stuff. I've been wanting to try this for the longest time. It is worth all the waiting because this stuff really works! this holds e/s in place, prevents my foundation from sliding off my face. I also like the minty scent and the cooling effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I love Final Seal. It is awesome. I've been using it for about a year. I don't use it everyday, just when I have a meeting or some type of event to go to. I used this on my wedding day. I cried the whole time, and my make up stayed put! This is a must for any bride to be. I'm serious, this stuff works.

Oh yeah, close your eyes! Also, I sometimes use my hair dyer on the cold setting to help it dry faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by starvay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. I love Ben Nye and this product is just another reason why. My make up usually lasts for about 2.5 minutes because my skin is SO OILY. I use this sealer as a base and a finish. I can't believe how well it works. My makeup actually stays put. I can go to a hot sweaty club and my face stays put. Amazing stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This stuff actually is pretty amazing performance-wise. I used it today for the first time to set my eyeliner. I then went to an amusement park in about 95 degree humid weather. Rode rides and my eyes watered. This stuff stayed on really well! What I did was apply my eyeliner and then took my liner brush and lined over the line with the Final Seal. It was really easy. The only thing I don't like about this product is the minty burn I felt immediately after applying. It did go away but I am scared it might irritate my eyes. If they would take the mint out this product would be even better!