Chanel Glossimer - Spark

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

While this is a fairly pricey gloss for me, the quality and lasting power sets it on a pedestal. As a NC20/25, I don't reach for it in the dead of winter as I am too pale, but it is my summer favorite. A beautiful cool red that is sheer enough to brighten rather than overwhelm my face. Love it, and will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a beautiful red w/sparkles/shimmer. Red is a color that I can easily wear (DDD) and gives my face an extra boost. I love the texture b/c it's not gloopy but more a smooth glossy feel. I wear it w/out lipstick since it has color.

MY fave glossimer!! ADORE! HG red gloss! The only gloss I have run out of!!! Actually about to purchase my 3rd tube! If I layer it I can get it to this GREAT red gloss with gold flecks, but if I just swipe a light layer its this great strawberry color. LOVE! Makes my lips look huge, my skin flawless (most red shades do this to me... darn! :)) and my teeth sparkle! Would CRY if they ever took this away!

I love this gloss!! It goes on as a sheer raspberry red with a hit of sparkle! I usually can't pull-off a truly red lip so this works perfectly for me. I like the cute packaging and soft applicator. The gloss seems to last awhile as well as the color.

In the tube, this is the most beautiful gloss I've ever seen. On my lips, it's not quite all that. I like the formula and the feel of it--slick, gel-like, slightly thick. I like that it's unscented. But the color is a disappointing berry, not the gold-sparked red that's in the tube, which one would think would translate to coral or, uh, a gold-sparked red. Layering intensifies the color a bit, but then I have to work with it to get the color to be even. Not my favorite gloss by a long shot, and definitely not worth the price to me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This was an OK gloss. but not something I would purchase again. It is a reddish, coral color with golden glitter. It's a sheer color, but does have a nice pigmentation to it. I like Chanel glossimers, but this color was not something to rave about. Honestly I could have found this color in other brands for a cheaper price. of course the texture would not be the same with other brands, but to me this gloss was nothing to pay $24 for. I would much rather purchase force or my summertime HG, unity. Again, nice color but nothing special.

I originally purchased Spark at the Chanel counter but exchanged it for Force which is a much more elegant and complimentary color for me. Spark showed up as an orangey/reddish/coral color with a warm golden shimmer. Normally warm golden tones work well on my medium pigmented lips and NC30 light to medium warm skin with yellow undertones. This color made my skin look muddy and was much too orangey coral rather than the reddish golden color I was hoping for. Maybe the pigment in my lips or my yellow undertones empahsized the orange. I imagine it would be pretty on someone with a paler complexion or lightly pigmented lips. It seems to be an excellent color that everyone seems to love so I think its probably just my coloring!

to say i love this gloss is an understatement. i am a gloss junkie with a very active habit and this is the only tube that i have ever finished, let alone repurchased. i'm on my fourth one. yes it is ridiculously expensive. yes the tube gets gunky and gross. but the color is divine. on everyone. seriously. it works for all seasons and all occasions. it works just as well with a bare face as it did on my wedding day. glam, natural, pale, tan, blonde, brunette, i've been everything in every combonation and this just keeps on giving. if you can't afford/don't want to buy 25 dollar lipgloss, don't ever try this on. you'll be hooked.

I love this sheer raspberry. I use it over Perplex Hydrabase or on its own. I will repurchase often. To prevent leaking, just clean the top from time to time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the closest that I will ever get to wearing red lips. Spark is a beautiful berry red with golden shimmer on my lips. It can be applied sheerly or layered on for a more intense look. This is my go-to lipgloss when I want to look glamorous! I love pairing this smoky eyes and a neutral blush. Chanel glossimers have become a staple in my make-up bag. These are the best!

Recommended for Medium Skin