September 18, 2014 | 1673 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Spark Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cunzoozoos

I love this gloss!! It goes on as a sheer raspberry red with a hit of sparkle! I usually can't pull-off a truly red lip so this works perfectly for me. I like the cute packaging and soft applicator. The gloss seems to last awhile as well as the color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In the tube, this is the most beautiful gloss I've ever seen. On my lips, it's not quite all that. I like the formula and the feel of it--slick, gel-like, slightly thick. I like that it's unscented. But the color is a disappointing berry, not the gold-sparked red that's in the tube, which one would think would translate to coral or, uh, a gold-sparked red. Layering intensifies the color a bit, but then I have to work with it to get the color to be even. Not my favorite gloss by a long shot, and definitely not worth the price to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was an OK gloss. but not something I would purchase again. It is a reddish, coral color with golden glitter. It's a sheer color, but does have a nice pigmentation to it. I like Chanel glossimers, but this color was not something to rave about. Honestly I could have found this color in other brands for a cheaper price. of course the texture would not be the same with other brands, but to me this gloss was nothing to pay $24 for. I would much rather purchase force or my summertime HG, unity. Again, nice color but nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2006 5:23:00 AM More reviews by glamourgirlpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased Spark at the Chanel counter but exchanged it for Force which is a much more elegant and complimentary color for me. Spark showed up as an orangey/reddish/coral color with a warm golden shimmer. Normally warm golden tones work well on my medium pigmented lips and NC30 light to medium warm skin with yellow undertones. This color made my skin look muddy and was much too orangey coral rather than the reddish golden color I was hoping for. Maybe the pigment in my lips or my yellow undertones empahsized the orange. I imagine it would be pretty on someone with a paler complexion or lightly pigmented lips. It seems to be an excellent color that everyone seems to love so I think its probably just my coloring!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ilzabet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

to say i love this gloss is an understatement. i am a gloss junkie with a very active habit and this is the only tube that i have ever finished, let alone repurchased. i'm on my fourth one. yes it is ridiculously expensive. yes the tube gets gunky and gross. but the color is divine. on everyone. seriously. it works for all seasons and all occasions. it works just as well with a bare face as it did on my wedding day. glam, natural, pale, tan, blonde, brunette, i've been everything in every combonation and this just keeps on giving. if you can't afford/don't want to buy 25 dollar lipgloss, don't ever try this on. you'll be hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this sheer raspberry. I use it over Perplex Hydrabase or on its own. I will repurchase often. To prevent leaking, just clean the top from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the closest that I will ever get to wearing red lips. Spark is a beautiful berry red with golden shimmer on my lips. It can be applied sheerly or layered on for a more intense look. This is my go-to lipgloss when I want to look glamorous! I love pairing this smoky eyes and a neutral blush. Chanel glossimers have become a staple in my make-up bag. These are the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazingly enough, I saw this for the first time on my pretty but no make-up wearing younger sister. It looked fantastic! I talked about it for days, going on and on about how I had to have it and thanks to a very sweet MUAer, I now do! It looks much darker in the tube than it does on your lips. The texture is silky and smooth, the colour, perfection. My sister and I are both NW45/NC50 and this colours just looks GREAT on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, here's the deal: I'm a PPP with cool/pink undertones, strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. This was my first Glossimer and if not for the packaging, I could sigh happily and end forever my quest for the perfect gloss, regardless of its garish price. It's rosy, shiny, lasting, unscented, and positively gorgeous--great for summer AND winter wear! Wow!

But, alas, my quest continues. I just can't stand the goopy application from a wand that is too long and unwieldy, the mess from the gloss oozing out of the tube, and the difficulty getting the last traces of gloss from the sides of the tube. If this were in a squeeze tube with slanted tip (ala Juicy Tubes) then it would be perfect. Heck, I'd even settle for a brush style wand. But the wand with its sponge applicator is too long, too messy, and too icky for me.

P.S. Anyone else notice Revlon's not-so-subtle attempt at making their Super Lustrous Lip Gloss like Chanel's? Square tube? Check. Black top? Check. Gold Band around tube? Check. At least Revlon makes their tube shorter so the wand isn't so long.

Please Chanel, put this in a squeeze tube and I will forever be at your mercy...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by vyolett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price I just don't think this is worth it. I do find myself wearing it, but I think it's more because I spent so much on it I don't want it to go to waste, rather than because it looks so good. It's a reddish muted pink that does on sticky, which I don't mind, but which isn't as highly pigmented as I'd expect it to be. It is fairly sheer and doesn't go on as the brick gloss I'd hoped it would. I'm a sallow PPP and because of the slight golden flecks it works well for me, but it isn't the color it looks in the tube. Overall a good product, but too much $$.