August 1, 2014 | 1307 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder!!! I have it in translucent which is the lightest pressed powder I've seen yet. I've been using it for about a month and (I hope I don't jinx myself) I haven't had a blemish since. YAY!!! I think I'll stick with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by makimotoki430

I have 2 of this in their lightest shade, i use it almost everyday, i don't use pressed powder that much, this is actually my 1st try, loving it so far^^

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sparker1977

This is THE best powder. I've tried so many different powders (Clinique, Lancome, Philosophy..etc.) this is by far the most effective at controlling shine and evening skin tone. I'm amazed by how it covers my reddish skin tone and even blemishes! Also you can apply it many times throughout the day without it looking cakey. My skin has even improved since using. Then factor in the price ($10)...can't beat it!!
UPDATE: As others have mentioned the new line eliminated "translucent". I can't find any colors that match my skin now, and I also think the powder itself is different. Bummer...time for something new :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Roller_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOTE: I'm reviewing Almay Clear Complextion Blemish Healing pressed powder. Is there a difference between that and the "Light&Perfect" kind?

Anyway, the Clear Complexion Blemish Healing stuff if the HG of HG's for me. Before, i was using Sally Hanson Cornsilk Mattifying powder and it broke me out like crazy. Switched to this stuff and like magic my zits disappeared. It's superb at controlling oil. Believe me, my face gets so oily it makes the Exxon oil spill look like a minor accident. When i'm in the women's room i constantly expect to see my face shining back at me with oilies and I am constantly amazed to find that I'm still shine-free.

Overall: 5 lippies for being the most effective pressed powder i've ever purchased at combining: shine-control/blemish healing/smooth natual finish(not powdery, flaky, etc).

Price: Considering it's drug store, $10 is on the high side but still worth every penny.

Packaging: Love the packaging, slender compact that slides into my purse very easily. Will mos def repurchase!!
UPDATE: Still loving this pressed powder. Another thing I like is that the powder hasn't cracked once. I hate when i accidentally drop a compact and the powder smashes and the whole thing must be thrown away. I'm down to the bottom of this powder, ready to repurchase another and it lasted the entire way through! Now either I've gotten way less clumsy since i started using this (not!) of this is way more shatter-proof then most DS compacts. Either way, hats off to you Almay for the great product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2004 1:06:00 AM More reviews by CoffeeJava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no complaint about this powder. It is a nice compact and the powder is nice. I have no complaint about this. It does not prevent oily skin over the course of the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this product in Translucent.
I don't wear it every day, but it has impressed me very favorably on the occasions when I have worn it.
I apply it with a large brush instead of using the enclosed applicator, and it goes on beautifully: very smooth, light, and not powder-y.
It also seems to do a good job of keeping oily shine down.
It is the best pressed powder I've ever come across, and the price is great, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by taxtheheat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't get over how much I love this powder. I am a high-end gal but i went out on a limb and tried this out and my skin has never looked better. I have it in translucent and i use it to set my MAC sahdestick foundation my skind looks the same from when i wake up at 6 to when i get back around 8. The salicylic acid dries out any blemishes I have and has redouced the number of breakouts I have. Everyone should own this powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SugarBug

I have repurchased this powder several times. Super happy with the quality and feel. I have very oily skin on my T-zone, but I hate to apply powder all the time. The trick I've found, if you have oily skin, is to use a Clean & Clear oil blotting sheet (though to be honest a cheap thin napkin does the trick just as well) and then finish with a light dusting of powder. This keeps my skin clearer and fresher looking than with powder alone. Almay's powder is not thick and cakey so it looks fresh, but not fake. The translucent tone is my fave. Very natural finish. I think this is a great product. If you are looking for a heavier finish though then this powder isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Lina27

I love this product. I have some blemishes and once I switched to this product , people started to notice how smooth and radiant my skin started to look. I have to admit coverage isn't that great, but it has a nice matte look & it doesn't clog up pores. Btw, Studio Fix broke me out like crazy! I highly recommend this product. This is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice light- medium coverage powder. Has a fair selection of shades. Doesn't make me look powder-y, which is always a plus for me. Not really for the super oily as you might find you are touching up maybe once or twice as often but for combo skin- good.Doesn't cause breakouts, always good! I'm not sure if I will re-purchase because (to me) it smells of Marzipan, while not terrible it is different so we'll see.