MAC Frost - Sable

4.6

This is my favourite shadow colour from MAC. The best way I can describe the colour is plummy taupe/light brown with a slight gold shimmer. I want to say it has bronze in it too, I guess this colour is just hard to describe! It is truly beautiful and brings out my eyes. I think this colour would suit all skin tones and eye colours.

Sable goes with every other colour I own and I'm sure it also would go with countless MAC shadows. My favourite every day combination is Sable all over the lid and Woodwinked either as a beautiful gold liner or in the middle just above the iris. For days when I'm in a hurry, Sable is also beautiful on its own.

on 9/20/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

At first I didn't really use this and just one day picked it up and haven't stopped using it since! Great crease shadow over Naked Lunch with Sketch in the outer V. I just recently noticed the reddish undertone to it. Great neutral shadow for everyday work look!

on 9/18/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A frosty reddish brown color. Nice texture, blendable and smooth. Would buy again.

on 9/16/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely medium golden reddish brown color with shimmer. I like to apply it either as a crease color or all over the lid and under the eye for a smoky eye look. It is well pigmented, easy to apply, has no fallout, color stays true and lasts all day, and never creases. An excellent shadow.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeshadow is a more pigmented dupe for Lancome's Mannequin eyeshadow, without all of the crazy plum/gold fall out. When i purchase this, I thought it would be more of a brown than anything but definitely does have some plum/golden undertones. I really like that this is very pigmented, even more pigmented than my Cork and Saddle eyeshadows from MAC, which I also still love. I would recommend this for anyone looking to build there neutrals collection. Also, this color is a little darker than I thought it would be.

on 8/20/2010 8:55:00 PM

This is how I would explain sable in one word... BEAUTIFUL! You can wear it as a all over lid color or in your cease. It does have a sheen to it so I wouldn't recommend it to older women. But you really cant say anything bad about it! And that picture does not do it justice.

on 8/20/2010 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have nothing negative to say about this e/s,it's amazing ! I had no fall out issues and the pigmentation is great since it's MAC e/s.It's such a gorgeous color that can be paired with numerous eye shadows as well as worn by itself. And it looks even more amazing when i have little bit of tan. I love that it's not a dark e/s, just the right shade. I have Satin Taupe too which can be mistaken as a similar color but noooo they are totally different! Sable is more of a burgundy-brown with a little bit of bronze,while ST is a taupe (hence the name) with a slight purple-ish tone to it. Btw I love pairing these two ! I have brown eyes but I'm sure it would look great on any eye color.

on 8/10/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hmmm not really sure about this eyeshadow.. It kinda looks like satin taupe but not quiet.. Just something about it isn't right.. Plus it makes me look like I'm tired or something.

on 7/30/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE THIS COLOUR! It's a beautiful plum(ish brown) with a perfect amount of frosty shimmer. New favourite. <3 Looks beautiful by itself.

on 7/12/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like it's cousins Satin Taupe, Patina and Twinks it's a beautiful color to have. This is a warm brown plum. It's lovely as an everyday color and if combined with colors like texture or expensive pink, it makes great combinations. I've even used Sable as an all over lid color with NARS Galapagos eyeshadow on the crease and the effect is super awesome. Very nice (MAC NC42/43).

Top Rated MAC Products