December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect for contouring!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is pretty amazing! I love that it goes on very sheer and is virtually foolproof. It gives the perfect matte bronzed color with zero orange, I cannot be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you've read any of my other reviews, you might know that I am no fan of shimmery products. I like my face to have a nice, matte finish. This product is called "matte bronze" so when I bought it, I expected the obvious. This is a true, matte brown that gives a natural bronzed look. My color shifts frequently throughout the year and I find that this product always works very nicely no matter what color I am. I find that being around an NC20 can be a little TOO light, but other than that, it is a lovely bronzer!! Watch out though, MAC's powders are fragile!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jt58612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and I love it. The color is a rich true brown and is nicely pigmented. I use it to contour my round face and it's so perfectly natural. I prefer natural looking makeup and so this is great for me. I use the 168 brush to apply. I don't think that it would make a very good bronzer due to the fact that it lacks sparkle, but that's just my own opinion.
______________________________________
NC40, Black Hair, Brown Eyes, Combination Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jod84

I LOVE THIS, its the best Bronzer ive ever used it looks so natural......i wear this over my normal makeup to give me some colour and my skin looks clear with a nice summer glow, i'll defo buy this again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite liked this bronzer. I'm about a NC20 and thought this would be too dark for me.(this was the only matte bronzer i could find). I bought it to use it for contouring in the first place, so this shade actually worked quite well. You can layer it to vary the darkness too. The powder is very fine, the packaging is nice, and it didn't look dirty or orange on my skin.
Unfortunately, this bronzer was too fragile. i carried it in my makeup pouch and the powder started cracking around the edges. I ended up dropping in one day, and that was the end of it. the powder shattered into a million pieces, i had to chuck it out when i hadn't even used half of it. Also, my skin became a bit irritated when i used it, and sometimes broke me out ever so slightly.
I'm still on the search for a HG bronzer with a reasonable price&quality&shade. I will only repurchase if I can't find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by oakley1

This product has helped me realize I actually DO like a little sparkle, as it is SO matte, it doesn't add any "glow". I think it certainly bronzes my skin, but doesn't make it stand out necessarily. It's great for contouring my cheekbones though, and I then use some skinfinish for the glow. So overall, not a bad investment. I think its staying power is pretty decent too. Definitely not as dark as it looks in pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by srendipity

Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by omeleko

this is one of the best bronzers i've used in a while. it's the perfect shade for my NC35 skin tone. i like how its buildable and gives a nice matte finish. you can even use it to conture (sp?) your cheeks. i use it everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by vgup9746

LOVE THIS!
I'm MAC NC 40-42 & use this to contour my face. It's so perfect for me, I've hit pan on it twice in 1 year. I don't use any other product in my makeup collection as often as this. Seriously. It gives such a natural contour effect.
It's so easy to apply, too, a variety of brushes (high and low end) work with it. You can build it up for a more defined look, or use a fluffier or larger brush for a more natural look.
I especially like that it's matte. Because then you can use it for matte days and for shimmer days -- it doesn't matter if you use a shimmery blush in combination with this, although I imagine a shimmery bronzer + matte blush might look weird. Sorry for the ramble! :S
Please, if you're thinking of trying this product -- do. It's superb!