MAC Matte Bronze

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 5/23/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

this used to be my all time fav, but it gives me a orangy apperance sometimes but its super pigmented and might not really work well on very fair skin this would be awesome from more tanner complexions

on 5/23/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! Let me just say that if you want to achieve a natural looking tan - this is your product. I go spray tanning weekly (yes, I know...but it looks natural believe it or not), and I usually get to a slightly lighter than olive color. This bronzer makes me look like I was just on vacation even as the tan fades. Literally, I can't even tell you how many times people have asked me where I went on vacation. I would never use anything that turned me orange. A must have!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really pale (NC15) and I don't really tan in the summer either, so I'm pretty much the same shade year round. This is the ONLY shade of bronzer that doesn't look orange on me. I have oily skin, so if I'm wearing a frosted bronzer I look like an orange disco ball. I love this because it looks great if I'm wearing it all over, but it is also a perfect contour shade on me.

When I use this to contour my cheek bones people will ask me if I've lost weight!

It also lasts me a long time, as I go through about one a year.

on 4/23/2010 8:34:00 PM

Fantastic. This product is so incredibly natural. Its texture is relatively soft and it gives a subtle bronze glow. Also, it goes on sheer and matte without those horrendous sparkly pieces that are commonly found in bronzers to enhance sheen. And best of all, there is also no fake orange look.This bronzer also works amazing as a contour. By layering the bronzer under the cheekbones, one can build a nice shadow in this area. As a result, it gives a beautiful and natural-looking shadow, which enhances the cheeks. Moreover, with much experimentation, I have noticed that this bronzer works well with nearly all shades of blushes. I conclude that it looks least attractive with light bubble-gum pink shades of blush. Lastly, the packaging is decent, but nothing spectacular.

on 2/2/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful matte bronzer that applies a bit sheer, which is very nice since you can build up color rather than being very obvious. This bronzer is very silky and blends out very easily. I have yellow undertones and bronzers can be a bit tricky for my skin tone but this bronzer by MAC looks lovely and natural. I love applying this as a contour every day! I don't know what it is about this bronzer but it makes you look better. Your blush looks better when you use this as a contour. I just feel like this product really enhances my features and adds dimension to my face. I think this product is great and I would recommend this to anyone not using a contour powder already. Pop in a MAC store and try it out. The only thing is MAC bronzers are not the most stable compacts. Once you hit pan on this or if you drop the compact it will crumble.

on 12/26/2009 1:02:00 AM

I wish this was more brown.....i am so confused .....why is mine not that true brown that others have reviewed?
It also oxides pretty fast on me.

I bought it from MAC online store so it is the color throws me.

It goes on nicely and did not cake.

For reference I am a NW15/NW20 combo in Sudio Tech Plus Foundation.

Well, I now bought Hoola and it is actually a little more true brown.
I just do not like any red or orange for my face. Though, Hoola is still not quite right either.Its a little flat taupey lighter tan. I want a true soft brown blush/bronzer. Wow, I know i am picky! Thats why I use Mac and OPI strictly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a wondeful bronzer and a great contour since it dosn't contain any shimmer. The color is a natural looking bronze that dosn't look orangey or red on my NC30/C3 skintone. I sometimes use this as my bronzer when i want a more matte look or i'll use it to contour a little bit when i use my So Ceylon msf as a bronzer. This is LOVE :)

on 12/1/2009 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Perfect for contouring!

on 10/15/2009 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This bronzer is pretty amazing! I love that it goes on very sheer and is virtually foolproof. It gives the perfect matte bronzed color with zero orange, I cannot be without!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you've read any of my other reviews, you might know that I am no fan of shimmery products. I like my face to have a nice, matte finish. This product is called "matte bronze" so when I bought it, I expected the obvious. This is a true, matte brown that gives a natural bronzed look. My color shifts frequently throughout the year and I find that this product always works very nicely no matter what color I am. I find that being around an NC20 can be a little TOO light, but other than that, it is a lovely bronzer!! Watch out though, MAC's powders are fragile!!