April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite liked this bronzer. I'm about a NC20 and thought this would be too dark for me.(this was the only matte bronzer i could find). I bought it to use it for contouring in the first place, so this shade actually worked quite well. You can layer it to vary the darkness too. The powder is very fine, the packaging is nice, and it didn't look dirty or orange on my skin.
Unfortunately, this bronzer was too fragile. i carried it in my makeup pouch and the powder started cracking around the edges. I ended up dropping in one day, and that was the end of it. the powder shattered into a million pieces, i had to chuck it out when i hadn't even used half of it. Also, my skin became a bit irritated when i used it, and sometimes broke me out ever so slightly.
I'm still on the search for a HG bronzer with a reasonable price&quality&shade. I will only repurchase if I can't find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by oakley1

This product has helped me realize I actually DO like a little sparkle, as it is SO matte, it doesn't add any "glow". I think it certainly bronzes my skin, but doesn't make it stand out necessarily. It's great for contouring my cheekbones though, and I then use some skinfinish for the glow. So overall, not a bad investment. I think its staying power is pretty decent too. Definitely not as dark as it looks in pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by srendipity

Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by omeleko

this is one of the best bronzers i've used in a while. it's the perfect shade for my NC35 skin tone. i like how its buildable and gives a nice matte finish. you can even use it to conture (sp?) your cheeks. i use it everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by vgup9746

LOVE THIS!
I'm MAC NC 40-42 & use this to contour my face. It's so perfect for me, I've hit pan on it twice in 1 year. I don't use any other product in my makeup collection as often as this. Seriously. It gives such a natural contour effect.
It's so easy to apply, too, a variety of brushes (high and low end) work with it. You can build it up for a more defined look, or use a fluffier or larger brush for a more natural look.
I especially like that it's matte. Because then you can use it for matte days and for shimmer days -- it doesn't matter if you use a shimmery blush in combination with this, although I imagine a shimmery bronzer + matte blush might look weird. Sorry for the ramble! :S
Please, if you're thinking of trying this product -- do. It's superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

This is a very good bronzer! I find its color quite neutral and I appreciate the fact that is a matte shade. Usually matte shades tend to be drying and hard to blend but this bronzer is the exact opposite applies like a butter on the skin and blends in quite easily. Usually matte shades are not pigmented enough but again this one is a keeper. The pigmentation and the color pay off are both excellent. The pigmentation is very buildable you can literally go from sheer golden to deep brown depending on how heavily you apply this bronzer. And thats the main reason I like this bronzer so much I can use it lightly for an all over color and then I can build up the color to contour under my cheek bones. Also the color is very... I wanna say neutral but thats not the right term imma say its a perfectly balanced color meaning its not orangey or red but still gives that warmth to the face .I use it for 6 years now and I dont think I ll ever go without it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

Great Great bronzer!!! I love that it's matte and dark like I want! It's buildable, but it really gives a flawless skin tanned look..ugh i love it!! Also since I get an oily t-zone, this doesn't worsen it because it's matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by laurajade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy this again and again. My last one shattered so i thought i would try some other brands but once again i have come back to what is a staple in my bag.
Doesn't look orange or dirty. Wears relatively well. No shimmer (i hate shimmer in a bronzer) but not flat at all when applied. Buildable even coverage. The product lasts for ages. In comparison to other bronzer prices in Aust, it is fantastic value.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it looked super dark in the pan when i first opened it, but after using it for a couple weeks now, i'm in love!!! this is by far the best bronzer i've ever used. no orange at all, doesn't look unnatural. it's fool-proof, it's hard to put too much on cause it goes on sheer.

EDIT: After using this regularly for a year, I switched to sculpting powder, but ended up coming back to it. It just gives a really nice healthy glow. I love this bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A HG PRODUCT!

In the quest for bronzers I have tried many-clinique, lancome, Benefit, BB, Laura Mercier-great the first time but the 2nd resemled mud, good lasting power, NARS laguna-too much like my skin, Casino-too DARK and ds

and they either look like:

-I have mud on my face
-they look orange
-look they look WRONG for my NC42 skin tone/meant for fairer skins
-I look darker not sunkissed
-they are super sparkly

This is goofproof, blends easily and warms up my face beautifully. Initially I was terrified of matte because it makes me look awful, I like a non flat,natural sheen/finish.

Thanks to the lovely SA who swiped it on! I was in disbelief as it looks so dark in the pan but not on the face! Its hard to overdo which can be a problem with bronzers but not with this.

Nice texture, even application, easy to apply and imo finely milled.
I've had nothing but compliments and 'my you look well!'
What a fool I was to delay buying this-its like a wardrobe essential-once you get it you wonder why you didnt get it earlier. A definite HG and will repurchase.