April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. It goes on really smooth and once it dries its like a semi glossy finish.(i love matte eyeliners this is not OVERLY glossy, which i like) It does not crack on me but i dont touch my eyes often. I have crazy oily lids and it goes on SUPER black. I can go over it and it wont rub out like i have had other liners do. I have no problem with it flaking off. I wear it during rainy weather (i dont use umbrellas) and it stays perfect (as long as i dont rub my eye) it is easy to remove at the end of the day.you can just use water or you can peel it off even! its my GO TO liner and i have MAC's blacktrack. This one does NOT smudge. it almost dries like plastic on your eye. you cant feel you're wearing it. Ive fell asleep with this on and woken up with it still there and semi okay. It is a great liner. I discovered it 2 years ago and have gone through four tubes. Def. Repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Total waste of money. I bought this in a pinch because I forgot my usual liner at home. It took numerous times to get a solid black line it kept going on super watery. And after it dried it flaked like crazy. This is the last time I'll buy anything from maybelline, everything I've bought from this brand has been crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I have never had problems with this flaking or peeling off. It's very consistent and I can make a thin line with just one swipe. I have tried other liquid eyeliners and I always find myself going back to this one. I have used it 3+ years and have never had any complaints.
I would love it if they had a dark brown liner that did not look bronze..I would likely favor that for a more natural, everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by fafigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is weird! First of all, it is waterproof, yet very easy to remove with an oil based eye make-up remover. It is black but actually has a beautiful shine to it, not tacky; it is surprisingly very pretty. Also, like many reviewers have mentioned, if you don't bring the liner all the way to your inner tear duct, it should stay flawless throughout the day. The brush won't be any good to those who are beginners with liquid liners. However, if you have a lot of experience, or you are just naturally talented, you can create a beautiful sleek thin cat line ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't mean to buy this liner in waterproof but i still find its very easy to remove. I used this liner alot a few years ago but drifted to other products and i just decided to return to it. It has a small felt tip which i love, i really can get a smooth straight line and get to my inner corners because the tip is small. It stays out ALL day with no fading. I have been using more expensive liners but i really find no need when this works just as well or better. Not a bad thing to say about this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

have this in brown. don't have any complaints on the texture or the brush as i use it to fill in my lash line. the only thing i did not like was that after it dried, it would flake off in huge chunks. had to keep re-applying & i hadnt even left the house yet. not that great...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jjjenko

I love the way this applies and the glossy black finish. However, I can't stand that it is super flakey and chunks of it comes off during the day.

If anyone know of an liquid eyeliner that has a patent black finish and does not flake pm me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried to use this stuff a few times over the years, just thought I needed to get used to it.
But it sucks.
The brush is too flimsy to get a neat line, and the product is too liquidy and sheer so I had to keep going over it, making it clump into little balls.
Terrible.
It also flaked like crazy, not even worth trying to wear it.
But I stuck with it, until I had enough money to buy higher end brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PauseBreak

The brush was shorter so it was pretty easy to apply, but I thought it was kind of on the fat side so I found that it was harder to draw skinny lines. Prior to this, I had been using MAC's liquidlast and I was looking for a cheaper substitute, but this wasn't it. I didn't really care too much that the Ultra Liner wasn't as waterproof, but it flaked way too much for me to like it. Back to MAC, I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is very little that I like about this product. The brush is so flimsy and is very difficult to make a precise line. I have to go over and over it about 5 times to get the line to look right. It does seem to be fairly waterproof, but once this is dry, you can peel off the whole line like a sticker!! It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a makeup product. You can start peeling it at the end and just peel it off in one sheet. Very bizarre. After about 2-3 hours, this stuff looks terrible due to all the peeling and flaking off in big chunks. I'll continue to use it when I only need my makeup to look good for a couple of hours, but I would NEVER buy this again or recommend it to anyone.