October 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a small bottle of this in a swap last year. It did not make a difference. This did absolutely nothing. Sigh :-( Did not control my frizz nor make my natural curls more manageable on humid days. There's no miracle here. Too bad because this is a lightweigth gel and I dislike heavy gels.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 9:34:00 AM More reviews by VSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too much silicones and not enough frizz control. Pass this one buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Artista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best gel I have ever tried, and I've tried them ALL! I have naturally curly hair which I color and highlight all the time. This means my hair is very dry. This stuff goes on clear, clear, and even feels moisturizing! I love it, and hope it never gets discontinued or changed! It's worth every penny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the outrageously high price tag of this gel I was expecting a whole lot. What I got were the same results that I get using Physique's alcohol-free gel for a fraction of the price. No miracle product, just a designer name IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kevalund

This product works really well for my hair. It de-frizzes and defines my curly hair really well without being sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by gingingin200

I've been using this since summer, and honestly it is one of my HGs. During the summer, it really held the humidity at bay and kept my curls formed and springy. Now that it's drier, it is still a powerhouse of a gel. It can get a bit crunchy, but I soften it up and that doesn't effect the hold. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2004 11:45:00 PM More reviews by blaqpearl

I used to like this product alot. But after months of use I could tell that it was drying out my already dry hair. You have to alternate between this and some thing else to get consistent results. It is the water insoluble silicones that cause the dryness, not letting moisture into the hair and suffocating the hair shaft leading to the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2004 10:08:00 AM More reviews by td30021

This is my HG hair product. I am never without it. It keeps the frizz completely out of my dry, color treated, naturally curly hair. It doesn't do much as for defining my curls, so I have to use additional products....but this is the BEST anti-frizz I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by monicapanik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have spiral curly thick hair, the only thing that seemed to work for me before was vidal sassoon mousse, which unfortunatley left my hair cruchy and would clump in areas when not applied thouroughly. OUIDAD CLIMATE CONTROL is amazing a quarter size works on my past the shoulder long hair. It leaves my hair defined and soft. yes it's a little pricier than drug store brands but a regular sized bottle lasts me about 6 months.

****Update. The hair board recommended Paul Mitchell Super Scupt styling glaze. It's a few bucks cheaper and readily found everywhere. It is almost identical and actually works a little better than the Ouidad. THANKS MUA!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by vlangdon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried this amazing product and am hooked. After my last fav product (infusium spray gel)was discontinued I was desperate to find something to control the frizz. The price is quite high here in Canada (and very hard to find) but worth the money.