Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

on 6/12/2009 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have always had a clear complexion but last year, I had a sudden rash breakout all over my face from using a product that had a terrible reaction on my face. The rash lasted for about 3 months and I looked like I had chicken pox all over my face. It was so bad that I couldn't even leave my house. Once the rash finally subsided, I was left with terrible acne like dark spots and scarring. I was mortified. My dermatologist has prescribed me a bunch of treatments that never worked. I was desperate to say the least. But one day while at a local drug store, I saw this product on the shelf. It was dirt cheap ($6.99), and I read that it had Hydroquone (sp?) and also AHA's. I bought it anyway without expecting any results. I started to use the fade cream twice a day on my hyperpigmented scarring and brown spots. I would put it on once in the morning and once before I went to bed. In less than a week, I was examined my face in the mirror and OH MY GOD!! I noticed that my dark scars and brown spots were absolutly noticably getting LIGHTER! No joke. So I was stoked, and kept using the fade cream as usual. I also used it in conjunction with my dermatologist prescribed 2 products by GLYTONE: (1) Glytones Step 3 daytime Rejuventing lotion which contained 20% Glycolic acid and AHA's. and (2) GLYTONE Step 3 Nightime Exfoliating Lotion which contained 17% Glycolic acid. These products contain the highest % of 100% concentrated Glycolic acid available to public. WOW WOW WOW. My face cleared up in about 1.5 months COMPLETLY. My doctor thought it would take over a year. I did some research and asked my doctor and he said that it's true: Products like Palmer's fade cream containing Hydroquonine(sp) will work the best when combined with exfoliating products containg a high concentration of GLYCOLIC ACID. I have never expected the results that I had. But I thank God every day that my face is once again clear and glowing. Check out the Glytone products. Ask your doctor/dermatologist. You will see DRAMATIC results GUARENTEED. I'm so happy!

on 6/11/2009 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this product couple of years back when I went off to college. When I returned back home after a couple of months to visit, everyone around me kept telling me that I got extremely fair and that my skin looks nice. I think I should get back on this stuff again, its a good product that does what it claims.

on 6/3/2009 9:31:00 PM

brought this product long ago, while reading other people reviews my hope was really hight!! i have a very very uneven skin tone my color is dark caramel. The skin around my mouth is daarker then the rest of my face. It look like I have a moustache :( and i have a big dark circle under my eye!! I tought mabey this cream would lighten theses daark area .. well guess whaat! it didn't. I've read that the fade cream made people skin lighter and brighter but for me it did the opposide and I was very carefull to not be exposed to the sun!! oh well it depend on the skin type!! I'll try the ambi fade cream+ the neutrogena visibly even moisturizer and see how that go!

on 5/18/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Day 2,I think its getting lighter.I have some acne scars i NEED to get rid of. I have to use this product and hopefully it will get lighter everyday. but i'll have some patience (: I dont like the packaging. very unsanitary. sort of oily because of the mineral oil. I use this cream every night (only for two days so far..hehe) after i take a shower b/c the active ingredient makes your skin sensitve and makes the affected area darker.

on 5/4/2009 5:04:00 PM

Used this past spring/summer and it was just too hot to have this on my face. It's very thick and goes on like a sticky glue that doesn't quite sink all the way in. I'm not sure I stuck with it long enough to notice a difference. But I came back to it this winter and it's much better not melting off my face and working under make-up better. I think it's helping even out my skin tone but I have two spots that don't seem to be budging. I keep slathering it on though with high hopes. I think this is making my skin a little itchy - not sure if I'm sensitive to it or if I'm using too much (2x day) maybe I reserve for night only. Decent stuff - totally worth a go at $5 a jar that lasts forever.

on 4/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

I like this...it's only been about 6 days, applying *heavily* at night and attempting to spot treat red/patchy/freckle areas in the morning(if and when time permits), and it does appear to be working. It's hella oily, I believe mineral oil, so I definitely can't slather this on all over in the am under makeup on my already supah oily tzone. Made that mistake one day and my entire face makeup had literally slid off by 9am after applying at 6:30. So if you're naturally a greasy monkey like I am, this is not usable during the day as intended.

Truthfully though I have no idea what else could be helping my skin look increasingly even, visibly diminished redness and diminished light sun freckle, since nothing else has changed lately. Almost HG, waiting for a month to see full results. and I got no weird irritation, no breakouts yet but I'm faithful with benzoyl peroxide serum/exfoliation daily to help prevent anything. One irritating thing I noticed is it looks like I may have gotten a couple more black heads just in the last 2 days on my nose. Could be due to the oil?

on 4/8/2009 10:46:00 AM

I really can't get over this stuff!
I have one freckle spot on my nose and a brown spot the size of a pencil eraser near my eye that was starting to irritate me.
This is the first lightening product I decided to try thanks to these reviews. I bought at drugstore.com
It hasn't even been a week and both spots are clearly lighter!
The consistency is creamy, but sort of greasy (mineral oil), I would not put this on my entire face (oily skin).
I like that the product comes in a glass jar.
Product contains vitamin e, hydroq. 2% (highest allowed otc), AHA. There is also sunscreen.
I've been puting it on the 2 spots and just started to do my chin due to recent acne scars.
I can't wait to see what happens after a month of use.,,,
So far I highly recommend, cant beat the price and results!

on 3/18/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG alert - my very first! I have scars from acne I got about 5 years ago. The acne is gone (and really just appeared very suddenly at 24 and was pretty much totally gone by 26) but the scars remained. I tried everything to fade them. I've been using Differin gel for years and it helped lighten the scars a bit and then started using Vit E oil for the last 3 months or so which also helped lighten them. I've used Palmers Fade cream a couple of times (very thin layer) and then the other night really slathered it on and the next moring I woke up and I couldn't belive it - I want to say my scars were about 40% lighter. One night! I've been slathering it on the last couple of nights also and I think a week or so and they'll really be gone. FINALLY!

on 2/1/2009 7:58:00 PM

Works! I use it for those "sun freckles" I'd say it takes about a week of applying a thin coat nightly to see results. I keep looking for the oily skin formula it supposedly comes in, because the one for normal skin that I buy at CVS has mineral oil.

I think this is the least expensive hydroquinone product on the market.

on 2/1/2009 9:02:00 AM

This is my first review on make up alley. I feel compelled to write this. From my birth control pill and years in the Florida sun, I developed brown spots and also melasma. I was very self conscious of this and tried many things such as multiple sessions of microdermabrasion in excess of $500, obagi clear $90, and the entire obagi system in excess of $300. Although those helped minimially, I still had two dark patches on my cheeks and light freckles on my forehead.

I use Palmers Cocoa butter sometimes as a preventative measure for wrinkles. When I was in Walmart I went to purchase cocoa butter and I saw the Palmers Fade Cream and the soap. The fade cream looked interesting because it had hydroquinone and also AHA. Obagi clear has a higher concentration of hydroquinone but really irritated my skin. So, I decided to try the Palmers. I bought the cream and the soap and I use both daily. I put the cream on under my bare minerals and its perfect.

I have now been using Palmers fade cream for four weeks and I see a dramatic improvement in my skin. Not only is my whole face lighter and brighter, but I can use very little make up and you cant see my spots. I cant believe how white my face is. I get compliments on my skin all the time and people say I look younger then my age.

I will definitely use this for three months take a break and use it again. Its excellent. In addition, I had some small scars from sclerotherapy on my cheek and they have lightened tremendously. I cant believe that this inexpensive product has had such fabulous results and everything else I had tried nothing! I can afford to buy other more expensive creams but there is no point. I will continue to use all Palmers products. Highly recommended!

Popular Treatments (Face)