October 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by mako73

brought this product long ago, while reading other people reviews my hope was really hight!! i have a very very uneven skin tone my color is dark caramel. The skin around my mouth is daarker then the rest of my face. It look like I have a moustache :( and i have a big dark circle under my eye!! I tought mabey this cream would lighten theses daark area .. well guess whaat! it didn't. I've read that the fade cream made people skin lighter and brighter but for me it did the opposide and I was very carefull to not be exposed to the sun!! oh well it depend on the skin type!! I'll try the ambi fade cream+ the neutrogena visibly even moisturizer and see how that go!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by michellevo

Day 2,I think its getting lighter.I have some acne scars i NEED to get rid of. I have to use this product and hopefully it will get lighter everyday. but i'll have some patience (: I dont like the packaging. very unsanitary. sort of oily because of the mineral oil. I use this cream every night (only for two days so far..hehe) after i take a shower b/c the active ingredient makes your skin sensitve and makes the affected area darker.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Used this past spring/summer and it was just too hot to have this on my face. It's very thick and goes on like a sticky glue that doesn't quite sink all the way in. I'm not sure I stuck with it long enough to notice a difference. But I came back to it this winter and it's much better not melting off my face and working under make-up better. I think it's helping even out my skin tone but I have two spots that don't seem to be budging. I keep slathering it on though with high hopes. I think this is making my skin a little itchy - not sure if I'm sensitive to it or if I'm using too much (2x day) maybe I reserve for night only. Decent stuff - totally worth a go at $5 a jar that lasts forever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by carlingus

I like this...it's only been about 6 days, applying *heavily* at night and attempting to spot treat red/patchy/freckle areas in the morning(if and when time permits), and it does appear to be working. It's hella oily, I believe mineral oil, so I definitely can't slather this on all over in the am under makeup on my already supah oily tzone. Made that mistake one day and my entire face makeup had literally slid off by 9am after applying at 6:30. So if you're naturally a greasy monkey like I am, this is not usable during the day as intended.

Truthfully though I have no idea what else could be helping my skin look increasingly even, visibly diminished redness and diminished light sun freckle, since nothing else has changed lately. Almost HG, waiting for a month to see full results. and I got no weird irritation, no breakouts yet but I'm faithful with benzoyl peroxide serum/exfoliation daily to help prevent anything. One irritating thing I noticed is it looks like I may have gotten a couple more black heads just in the last 2 days on my nose. Could be due to the oil?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by niakelly

I really can't get over this stuff!
I have one freckle spot on my nose and a brown spot the size of a pencil eraser near my eye that was starting to irritate me.
This is the first lightening product I decided to try thanks to these reviews. I bought at drugstore.com
It hasn't even been a week and both spots are clearly lighter!
The consistency is creamy, but sort of greasy (mineral oil), I would not put this on my entire face (oily skin).
I like that the product comes in a glass jar.
Product contains vitamin e, hydroq. 2% (highest allowed otc), AHA. There is also sunscreen.
I've been puting it on the 2 spots and just started to do my chin due to recent acne scars.
I can't wait to see what happens after a month of use.,,,
So far I highly recommend, cant beat the price and results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

HG alert - my very first! I have scars from acne I got about 5 years ago. The acne is gone (and really just appeared very suddenly at 24 and was pretty much totally gone by 26) but the scars remained. I tried everything to fade them. I've been using Differin gel for years and it helped lighten the scars a bit and then started using Vit E oil for the last 3 months or so which also helped lighten them. I've used Palmers Fade cream a couple of times (very thin layer) and then the other night really slathered it on and the next moring I woke up and I couldn't belive it - I want to say my scars were about 40% lighter. One night! I've been slathering it on the last couple of nights also and I think a week or so and they'll really be gone. FINALLY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works! I use it for those "sun freckles" I'd say it takes about a week of applying a thin coat nightly to see results. I keep looking for the oily skin formula it supposedly comes in, because the one for normal skin that I buy at CVS has mineral oil.

I think this is the least expensive hydroquinone product on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by xjamelissa

This is my first review on make up alley. I feel compelled to write this. From my birth control pill and years in the Florida sun, I developed brown spots and also melasma. I was very self conscious of this and tried many things such as multiple sessions of microdermabrasion in excess of $500, obagi clear $90, and the entire obagi system in excess of $300. Although those helped minimially, I still had two dark patches on my cheeks and light freckles on my forehead.

I use Palmers Cocoa butter sometimes as a preventative measure for wrinkles. When I was in Walmart I went to purchase cocoa butter and I saw the Palmers Fade Cream and the soap. The fade cream looked interesting because it had hydroquinone and also AHA. Obagi clear has a higher concentration of hydroquinone but really irritated my skin. So, I decided to try the Palmers. I bought the cream and the soap and I use both daily. I put the cream on under my bare minerals and its perfect.

I have now been using Palmers fade cream for four weeks and I see a dramatic improvement in my skin. Not only is my whole face lighter and brighter, but I can use very little make up and you cant see my spots. I cant believe how white my face is. I get compliments on my skin all the time and people say I look younger then my age.

I will definitely use this for three months take a break and use it again. Its excellent. In addition, I had some small scars from sclerotherapy on my cheek and they have lightened tremendously. I cant believe that this inexpensive product has had such fabulous results and everything else I had tried nothing! I can afford to buy other more expensive creams but there is no point. I will continue to use all Palmers products. Highly recommended!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by aizya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had acne scars for a while now..and tried all kinds of products to fade them..even when i wasn't breaking out..my face still looked bad because of the scars. we bought this for under 6.00 and i didn't have much hope..but i used it for about 1 wk-2wks and my face CLEARED UP! not only were the scars fading..but my face looks brighter, felt smoother and hardly ever broke out..if i stop using it for about a wk..i def. notice a negative change and have to get back to using it..its a bit thick and greasy, but thats a lot better than thin and drying and it goes away soon after applying.
i recently started getting acne of and on, on my shoulders and it was leaving really dark scarring..i started using it and in one wk its started fading and stopped breaking out
it works diff. on diff. people though because my mom and sister started using it the same time and didn't see much change..although they don't have acne scarring and my skin is the worst ot of all of us

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by popita

Got this for BOGO half off from my local CVS at $6.49/each regular price. On drugstore.com the same product is listed as $4.49... Anyway. I have the "Regular" formula, it comes in a sturdy glass/ceramic container at 2.7 oz. I did not see anywhere on the label that said this product was for the face.... but I did gather from the comments below that many users were applying this on their face. I have been using it daily for a week now. I apply a layer all over my body after my nightly shower in hopes of evening out my skin. I suffered from horrible childhood eczema and now my skin is blotchy/discolored due to extreme hydro-cortisone use from back in the day.

I know it has only been a week, and the label says results should be visible after 6-8 weeks. This product is VERY difficult to apply, I have to rub it around vigorously. Also, I do not feel it is absorbed by my skin. Just a couple hours after application, I can see my dry skin scaling up (gross I know). Then when I shower the next night, the water turns my skin slimey, and I have to scrub the product off. Due to difficulty of spreading the cream around evenly, I have to use A LOT of product, I am already half way through my first container. Not sure if I will have the patience to continue this process for 6-8 weeks since now just my nightly moisturizing routine takes 10 minutes!

I'm still scared to put this on my face, will invest in something a little more expensive for the face if anything.

I am not really bothered by the scent of this cream... It does not smell like a fancy lotion, but it is not an offensive "Nair" smell either (at least not to me). One plus is that it does not seem to irritate my skin - due to my eczema or just plain sensitive skin, I can only comfortably use Aveeno or Eucerna fragrance-free formulas.

Many people mentioned the horrible unsanitary packaging, but I can deal with the jar design since it is just myself that will be using this. And also at the rate I have been going through my first jar, I don't think it will last long enough to get contaminated! Do tighten the lid tightly each time, since the active ingredients will turn brown if exposed to oxygen excessively (packaging did not mention if this affected the effectiveness of ingredients).

I would repurchase this product if I see improvement in my skin tone, or no negative side effects. There are plenty of glowing reviews here, and I am sure this product works if used as directed.