Dove Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

2.9

I started using theese about 1 week ago,and at first like some others on here,I too found it to be overdrying the first time I used them,but i stuck with it,and oh my gawd,my skin has never looked better,it seemed to clear up any pimple problems ive had as well,if you get this stick with it and give it time,theese exfoiliate great,and if you run them under water enough for long enough you will get the product out more ,give em a try,like other dove products i dont think they ever are suppose to give up much lather ,they are more like cream cleansers,like there body washes,so dont worry if theese pillows dont lather much beleive me,the creamy soap that comes out does a great job,oh and if its too drying i just use a light moisturizer and i get great results.:)

on 1/8/2004 12:35:00 AM

I tried these after the Dove web site recommended them for my combo skin.
They work great.They get all the makeup off,leave my skin fresh and soft.
They lather easily.Smell great,like all Dove products do.
Cause no breakouts to my breakout prone skin.

on 1/7/2004 9:47:00 PM

The idea of these were very cute to me and since I was so impressed with some other new items from the Dove line, I decided to try these. They come in a lil'box just like all the cleansing cloths do. They look like white little pillows with one side soft and the other side exfoliating. I had somewhat of a hard time getting these to foam up. They removed all my makeup including eye and left my skin very, very soft. I think I would re-purchase these for how soft they made my skin and how perfect they are for travel. The biggest con to me was how long it took me to wash my face with them. I have dry/blemish-prone skin. These did not break me out or dry out my skin. They did not irritate my skin and I did not find them harsh. They are worth a try if you are thinking about them.

on 1/1/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I think these work pretty well. They are flat little oval-shaped cleansing pads that you activate under water. They "puff up" and lather with cleanser. There are two sides, a slightly exfoliating one and a smooth one. The exfoliating side is just *slightly* exfoliating, about the same as a washcloth really. Fairly neutral, bar-soap like fragrance. Seems to cleanse pretty well and a big bonus is that it does NOT sting my eyes! Nice for the convenience factor (traveling for sure) and not having to rinse out a washcloth - just toss it in the garbage when you're done. Not something I would use every day as it would be wasteful, but for traveling or the gym they would be perfect.

on 12/28/2003 11:44:00 PM

I like these cleansing pillows alot. They really cleanse my face well, and the "rough" side really seems to exfoliate. There is alot of product inside the pillow, more than I actually need, so I definitely won't be running out of the soap before I'm done washing, which is nice, but it seems to be a little bit wasteful. Smells great, and the idea is really cute, I'll probably buy these again.

on 12/24/2003 12:21:00 AM

While I like these well enough, I much prefer the Dove or Olay cleansing cloths. First of all, these lather way too much and the soap is hard to control. They are pretty scratchy and probably aren't good to use too zealously, as they could damage the skin. I like the signature Dove scent in these, but think I will stay with the cloths, they are soooo soft and exfoliate very gently.

on 12/22/2003 5:52:00 PM

I wanted to like this product because of the cute packaging & ease of use. It took me awhile to realize that these were making my skin break out. they gave me small but annoying zits on my cheeks & chin, which I have not had since I stopped using them. I won't be using these again.

on 12/14/2003 6:19:00 PM

why doesn't this get a five? because the pillows are quite small, and if i'm wearing a decent amount of makeup, i don't feel like a single pillow is upto the job. also, i don't think it is best to use these on the eye area. but the good far outweighs the bad, so much so that i've used up four boxes of these already. they feel so luxurious when they puff up (and they do puff up contrary to other reviewers i've read here, i've never had a bad experience with a dove pillow. you just have to hold it under hot water for several seconds and you can see the pillow visibly puff up) and the exfoliating side does a MARVELLOUS job. my skin feels amazing afterward and looks great too. i always buy backups of these, so i'm never short, but i prefer to wait for a sale. not sure i'd pay regular price for them.

on 12/14/2003 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found this product to be just what my skin needed. I've tried every makeup counter brand and have always had bad results, most recently with Clinique, which burned and dried my skin. These pillows are gentle for everyday use and they exfoliate without drying.

on 11/23/2003 5:14:00 AM

I love this product! Before using it, my skin had dry patches, very uneven, and was breaking out. However, miraculously when I started using it, it countered all my bad skin woes! Now my skin is soft, pimple free and absolutely glows. I dont know if I would buy it again bc a box of it is one month's supply. it costs about 8 dollars.

UPDATE After the initial use I dont see any effects on my skin, so I wouldnt buy it again~ boohoo