The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum,Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,Yellow 6.

on 3/2/2007 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This hand cream is really great! It comes out really thick and then spreads beautifully leaving your hands super soft. The smell is nice too; it has the pleasant almond/marzipan smell but it's not as overpowering as Burt's Bees Almond Milk Cream. I took off a lippie because of the price. Granted, TBS isn't a drugstore, but CAN$15 is a bit much for hand cream when there's probably a drugstore equivalent. If you don't mind shelling out the few extra bucks for soft hands, this is amazing. Otherwise, try Johnson's Extra Care hand cream or Nivea's hand cream (I didn't like vaseline, it smelled so plastic-y).

Who knows...maybe this cream will go on sale soon!!

on 1/22/2007 9:32:00 AM

Wasn't too impressed by this as the texture seemed nice and creamy at first. But it didn't seem to soothe my dry cracked cuticles. Had to keep reapplying, and yet it didn't do the trick for me.

I love this stuff. Starting in the fall my hands get very dry and flaky, which then turns into pain. This stuff helped the very first time I put it on. It smells amazing too, but not overwhelming. My nails also do seem stronger and shinier than before. I'm definitely going to buy this again. My only complaint is that it is a little oily sometimes, especially if you use it more often than you need to.

on 11/29/2006 3:57:00 PM

This is the best hand cream out there. Smells incredible and gives good moisture. The tube isn't the prettiest, but the price is fair enough for such a good product.

on 11/24/2006 4:17:00 PM

On the fence about this product. As a hand cream, it's great - it feels greasy for five minutes, but absorbs nicely, and does leave the hands feeling baby soft. To add the promise that it will be a good cream for nails is just stretching it. The scent is nice, although it can be a little overwhelming (and I love almond scents - perhaps I've just outgrown TBS' version?). No repurchase - at $16 CDN, I can find better at a cheaper price.

on 10/28/2006 3:13:00 PM

One of the best hand creams I have ever used, I always get comments on how nice it smells. I work in an office and handle a lot of paper so I need something caring yet quickly absorbing so I can keep working without greasy hands. This is a beautiful conditioning handcream, I love having such soft hands ^^

I really like the feel of this product, although I think it is a bit pricey. Guess I am more of a wal-mart shopper. But it feels good and has not made my hands feel chapped and if it goes on sale would most likely purchase again.

a little expensive, but it does a nice job. it also smells really nice.
an addendum: the body shop is now owned by l'oreal- animal testing subterfuge, owned in large part by nestle: actively promoting infant formula to impoverished nations. those who shopped body shop for their ethics should go elsewhere- i am.

on 2/20/2006 9:04:00 PM

I've tried many hand creams and this one seems to work the best. I've noticed a difference with my hands, it's a lot smoother and less dry. I've only been using this about a week but am starting to love it. It is pricey though.

on 1/19/2006 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

First off, I think this hand cream is ridiculously over priced...even when it's on sale. The quality is ok. It's along the line of Jergens or Vaseline Intensive Care. The scent is very nice, however I didn't detect any almond notes. It actually smells like a type of baby lotion to me. It's light and great for my desk.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products