October 22, 2014 | 1793 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lisagayb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Been using this glaze for about 3 weeks now, ever since I quit straightening my naturally wavy hair. I blend it with a squirt or 2 of curling cream, then blow with a diffuser til it's just damp. People have been stopping me all over the place, asking who does my hair, so I think I'll keep it up! BUT, I haven't used it long enough to tell if it'll build-up on my hair. And my cut is still pretty fresh right now - we'll see how I feel when it's 7-8 weeks old.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kmb0829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as my everyday gel for about 2 years. I have thick, but fine naturally curly hair and most products weigh it down. This stuff is light-weigh and holds without crunch. It gives great curl formation. The only other product I've found to give the same results for me is Ouidad's Tress F/X and the super sculpt is so much cheaper. This gel is a must try for curly heads still looking for that perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay! This is the first product I've bought solely on MUA recommendations, and they were spot on. It's perfect for my curly hair - it doesn't weigh it down, and it doesn't make it stiff. Just soft and curly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really good! Just decided to go back to my true curly self recently (I don't care if sleek is chic and curly isn't "dress for success," I'm fed up), but with the dry winter weather, I've had trouble keeping my 3A curl from looking like 1980s heavy metal rock star hair. Most gels were just making it worse and turning me into a crispy critter. This one does not. Used it with KMS Curl Up (not my fav, but it'll have to do till I find something better-I've ordered A/G Re:Coil, which I've heard is great), and I got good curl that held even into the next day without looking crunchy. Doesn't weigh my curls down, holds them firm. Great stuff! Thanks for the advice!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

For the price, this is the best curling gel for my thick, fine 3B hair. I start with a leave-in conditioner or curling cream and finish with this gel. No frizz or crunch. The only thing that curls as well without crunch is Ouidad Climate Control Gel, and this is half the price without the shipping charge (if you don't live in NY, like me). I've tried just about everything out there...believe me, over $500 worth of curling gels (don't tell my husband ;-) And the best part, it dries quickly. With other gels, it takes me 25 min. to dry my below the shoulder-length hair, with this, it takes about 15. 10 more min. to sleep in the a.m., that's a BIG PLUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

I bought this product soley based on the raves I've read here, and once again MUA didn't fail me. I have difficult naturally wavy (type 2B) hair, which I've been straightening for years now. I've always wanted to be able to wear my hair in its natural state but haven't ever found the product that gives me the soft, luscious waves I crave. Until now. I wash my hair with Redken Shampoo and Conditioner (in either Smooth Down or Active Express) and slightly wring my hair in the shower. Then I smooth Frederik Fekkai's Luscious Curls through my hair and follow it with Super Sculpt. Then I do plopping for about 10-15 minutes, diffuse, and viola! Gorgeous, Boticelli-esque waves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After months of searching for the pefect product to style my long, fine, curly hair, this is it!! I love this stuff! I put on a quarter-size dollop on my hair when it is still fairly wet and then I scrunch and let it air dry. I get perfect long curls that shine and are not crunchy! You do have to experiment what amount works best for you but other than that, this product is my ultimate HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a HG that I come back to again and again. In combination w/ leave in conditioner, it gives hold to my hair that's not crunchy or flaky. Also, my hair is very very dry and wavy and it doesn't dry it out. AND it smells like apples.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jenniferandroberts

This is my HG hair product. I like the fact that it's not crunchy at all and still defines my curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot rave enough about this product! I have thick, medium length curly hair, and Super Sculpt works wonders on my hair! It leaves it frizz free, bouncy, very soft. My curls are very nicely defined and shiny. My hair looks very natural and "mischevious", if that makes any sense.
I also love that it is very versatile, as I can apply the product on dry hair if I need to restyle my hair on days I am not washing, or at the end of the day.
The price is also great, at about 11 dollars for a very large 16 ounces bottle. The smell is also great- I think this is the closest to a perfect styling product for me!
Huge rave from me!