October 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 12:17:00 PM More reviews by celtic_chick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this scent literaly since I was five years old, and possibly before. My mother was a huge fan of Avon, and she would buy me this delightful little fragrance all the time. It's probably the first signature fragrance I've ever had!:) While not a sophisticated scent, it is innocent and charming and perfect for those days you want to wear something soft. It's soft and slightly powdery, and I still buy it today when I want to be reminded of my precious childhood days in Florida. I will also keep purchasing it for my own daughter, who is currently three.:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can see why some would consider this an "old lady" scent however, I really don't think it's that bad. For me it is definately a "mood" scent- its the one I wear when I don't know what to wear and it always works on those days. You know, the days a heavy, rich or sexy perfume is too much, but a lighter foody or fruity perfume or spray won't cut it either. I think if I tried to wear this as an everyday fragrance I would get sick of it real quick. Generally, I hate anything that has a baby powder scent but the powdery undertone in this is more soft and floral and not so much baby powderish. Its a pretty, light, even innocent, girly/feminine scent that definatley has a powder undertone but a strong yet light floral top note. It wears fairly long and many time Avon has a sale and you can get it for $5.99. I have the tiny purse spray that I got for $1.99. I don't wear it often so the spray has lasted quite a while. My 14 year old daughter hates it my neice who is the same age adores it, I'm 34 and in the middle I could take it or leave it - go figure.

UPDATE- 7/12/09 I just repurchased this in a set from Avon that had 2 full sized perfumes, a deoderant (which works very well) and a body powder for a mere $10. I needed a change up and this was soo cheap. I have been wearing this daily and like it more and more after it dries down I tend to notice a more musky, rosy scent on me now - however it doesn't last on me as long as I remember so I have to reapply a few times a day- update to 4 stars

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 10:29:00 AM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For an eau de cologne (the least concentrated form of fragrance), this last LOOONG. I like this scent. So soft, feminine, and powdery. Very safe for a job interview.

Furthermore, I'm kind of sick of people bashing Avon. They have some nice scents and have been putting in some gems lately. They are not 'chemically' at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by stellastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sweet Honestly is very heavy on the powder note. Almost like a crisp, clean floral mixed with Johnson's Baby Powder. It's definitely a love it or hate it scent. Try a sample first or buy it when it's on sale. Personally, I'm not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 9:25:00 AM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this fragrance and I have to say that's my very favorite of any fragrance/perfume that Avon offers. It smells so fresh, clean and it's definitely a romantic scent. Soft and sweet, yet not overpowering. My mom has worn this for years, she always smells so good, it always reminds me of her. :) I very highly recommend this soft floral fragrance. Great fragrance at a great price. The matching scented moisturizer (in the little pink tub) smells awesome too. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 11:52:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

When I was a young girl, my Mom would only allow me to wear Sweet Honesty & Loves Baby Soft. (I was an 80's baby.) Well, once I grew up I absolutely hated both of those scents, but found myself SEARCHING for them when I found out I was pregnant last year. I had a "need" for those childhood scents. To my surprise, I really LOVE this scent, and find myself reaching for it so often. My DH loves it too, and he is so picky about my fragrances. I also do think that it has better staying power than most Avon scents. It's a GREAT memory scent, and guys/men love it, so what more could you ask for? :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Caramaria

Well, I have worn this off and on since I was a young girl. I saw this in the Avon catalog this month and added it to my order. I sprayed a little on and my husband just came in and asked me to keep walking around him. Confused I asked why...he said because my perfume would then fill the air. Too sweet...you know...it never ceases to amaze me that I spend so much on scent only to get the most compliments from my lesser expensive perfumes. I am putting this one back into circulation! I also ordered the matching antiperspirant and body smoother...love getting matching antiperspirant - that almost never happens! Give this a try - it is very similar to all the *newer* light fragrances that have come out...Sweet Honesty was ahead of its time! Would love a prettier bottle though...perhaps a frosted one - this one belongs in a frosted pretty feminine bottle. (though it does have a pretty pink cap!) **I edit this to add that I am 41 years YOUNG and I still love this scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Missazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this perfume and get many compliments on it by guys! I keep trying to go with a different perfume (drawn by the bottles and advertising of other perfumes) yet they don't wear as well on my as Sweet Honesty does and I end up going back to Avon. This stuff is cheap compared to others and I love the classic, light smell!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I liked this when I was about 11 because it smelled a lot like my fave toy, the "Fresh 'N' Fancy" makeup set where you mixed your own perfume from various vials of ultracheap scent. Now it just smells like deodorant Tampax. I dislike Avon scents in general because they are so chemically.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

I received a collector's bottle of this in a swap and it's so sweet! A glass toadstool with a gold frog for the topper. I love just having it around ;). As for the fragrance, it is very nice and simple. Kind of soapy, and good for daytime for me. I keep smelling my wrist when I'm wearing it. I know it's a fragrance that has been around for a long time, but the first time I tried it was this summer, and it is a very comforting scent to me. My boyfriend likes it too ;).